Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

2 minutes ago, Souled-Out said:

Nope, not even them can make me like VS V-day  lol. I don't even understand why people anticipated it lol. Its never been good for me... I do wish we got some VS Swim action. Is it not possible that VS just stop the V-day campaigns. And just do a little small VS swim thing. I know Candice already has her own swim line out now, but still. I prefer campaigns VS actually knew how to greatly lol

From what I understand, Christmas and V-Day are their biggest seasons.

1 hour ago, Sanni said:

From what I understand, Christmas and V-Day are their biggest seasons.

I guess, that does make sense. Christmas, is Christmas, people shop. And when some people think about Valentine's day, they think about lingerie.

But they have done VS Swim better. I think they should compromise more to bring it back. VS Swim is way more iconic than V-Day will ever be. Even tho V-Day brings in more money :sad:

12 hours ago, Souled-Out said:

I guess, that does make sense. Christmas, is Christmas, people shop. And when some people think about Valentine's day, they think about lingerie.

But they have done VS Swim better. I think they should compromise more to bring it back. VS Swim is way more iconic than V-Day will ever be. Even tho V-Day brings in more money :sad:

Compromising one thing for the other makes absolutely no sense at all. Swim and V-Day have completely different approaches, and to some people the Valentine's Day shoots are pretty iconic on their own, even more so than Swim (for me particularly the Adriana & Doutzen campaign is way way waaaay better than any swim campaign they ever did), V-Day started being a thing before swim was around, it was a catalog that came out just once a year and with merch that everyone was excited to get for that special date. I do believe cutting swim was big mistake but it certainly doesn't mean VS should stop doing V-Day campaigns, especially when it's one of their biggest money making dates, one thing has literally nothing to do with the other.

I do think this year's campaign is mostly trash tho. My girls look great and all but it looks too cutesy and not interesting enough tbh, it feels like something I've seen before.

Because you have, all the shoots lately seem to follow the same tone. Cutesy bff junk. IMO Only a few Valentine’s Day shots are ok. Pink is the biggest draw so they are trying too much to blur the lines between the 2 brands and it just isn’t working.

In recent swim years, the year they did the Hawaii shoots were the last almost artistic thing they’ve done.

It's narcissism that's all it is. Same with when random person asks X model or Y Celeb to follow them, that moment of "elation" when the you see X or Y follow you and vice versa, X/Y are taking time out of their day to "follow" that person(s) and never care about it again.People wanna see their follower counts go up to make it look better to themselves and to others. More people will follow/go to an instagram page they see with 100k follower vs 1k followers given the same content, same everything.

Similar to Twitch or Youtube, if someone has a high viewer/sub count more and more people will likely go to them (GGX Gang TriHard 7 in chat :cain:)regardless of content vs a little known streamer or youtuber that has a low sub/viewer count but still churns out the same/similar content. Of course twitch/youtube and instagram all have variables, but again you put the same 2 things beside each other and one has a pretty little bow and one doesn't more than likely you'll grab the one with the pretty little bow.

2 hours ago, Limerlight said:

It's narcissism that's all it is. Same with when random person asks X model or Y Celeb to follow them, that moment of "elation" when the you see X or Y follow you and vice versa, X/Y are taking time out of their day to "follow" that person(s) and never care about it again.People wanna see their follower counts go up to make it look better to themselves and to others. More people will follow/go to an instagram page they see with 100k follower vs 1k followers given the same content, same everything.

Similar to Twitch or Youtube, if someone has a high viewer/sub count more and more people will likely go to them (GGX Gang TriHard 7 in chat :cain:)regardless of content vs a little known streamer or youtuber that has a low sub/viewer count but still churns out the same/similar content. Of course twitch/youtube and instagram all have variables, but again you put the same 2 things beside each other and one has a pretty little bow and one doesn't more than likely you'll grab the one with the pretty little bow.

YESS all of this. Same when models or celebs start following accounts made about them or looking at their tagged photos alot. I think thats the most overlooked thing. Fans actually look for that in models/celebs. They get offended when models don't do that as often as others, and its like, maybe because that model/celeb doesn't like looking at themselves all day? Maybe because the worship of them makes them uncomfortable. I have seen models who don't usually like photos of themselves by others cringe when people worship them to their face. It really is a narcissism thing. And the ones whose follower count/activity don't look suspicious and you don't catch them too often liking photos/comments about themselves are the least narcissistic.

Its just mind blowing how people don't realize models/celebs who follow accounts about themselves, often fishing through their tag to see and like content of others worshiping them, and also making sure their feed is perfect for more likes and followers, are pretty damn narcissistic. Especially when they do all that, but they never make a post just thanking their fans LOL. They just give a pat on the back to the ones who they can see worshiping them individually.  People should side-eye models like that instead of being offended when others chooses not to do that often. They'd rather just make a post every now and then for fans as a group or something, like what Gisele did at one point and some others

Elsa unfollowed all her fan accounts at one point, and almost caused a riot. :rofl:  Everyone was wildly upset and asking like "what did I do wrong! Why don't you love me anymore!" and she was basically like "I'm sorry, but I don't want my feed to be 5 versions of the same new VS picture of myself." 

1 hour ago, toodarnhot said:

Elsa unfollowed all her fan accounts at one point, and almost caused a riot. :rofl:  Everyone was wildly upset and asking like "what did I do wrong! Why don't you love me anymore!" and she was basically like "I'm sorry, but I don't want my feed to be 5 versions of the same new VS picture of myself." 

Exactly IDK if I should be surprised or not that most models do not have the same logic lol. But its weird that fans get upset by it more than anything.

59 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

I went back just to see if I could find the reactions. 

MmUYRCNp.jpeg

oh my god. I dislike how much that meant to them but at the same time I feel bad for them lol. They were so sad lol

I remember Adriana used to get blasted everywhere for it. All kinds of fan be like "Adriana never does this and that", she does but only like 5 times a year. She never follows fan accounts, she follows some fans on their personal accounts though. So that tells you she doesn't like looking at herself much. But Adriana is one of those who actually has made post thanking her fans collectively along with Gisele. I think Doutzen too. Its rare. Which is a shame

Yeah, when she did it she wrote a really nice message to them explaining it and thanking them for their support but I don't blame any model for not wanting to follow their fan accounts. If you follow one, the other ones complain if you don't follow them, etc. And then it really is just a feed full of your own face. :idk: At another point shortly after Elsa unfollowed them she had to write another message to them asking them not to fight between themselves, because they were in-fighting about which accounts she supported more than others. :rofl: 

3 hours ago, Sanni said:

@Souled-Out What do you think about Candice? She has posted fan art, which I thought was nice.

That's blurred. Posting fan art is nice. And its very helpful to the fan, they get promo. Its also fan art of herself lol. Adriana has also done that too. I will say that about her, she does love fan art of herself. She made somebody give them their fan art of her, to her (for free) lol, they were gonna sell it but showed it to her and she wanted it. She came to a fan's house once because of fan art lol, but she didn't take it, she signed it herself for them. I think she was willing to come over just to see it. I do think thats a form of narcissism too lol. Just mild. Unless Adriana or Candice have a thing for art

With Candice I also know that when its a fans birthday and she ends up coming across that she tells them happy birthday. Thats really nice, that a real form of communication

So I think its cool. 

But as @toodarnhot points out, not everybody gonna be as lucky. Because what about the fans you miss? What about the artist you never got to acknowledge? Because let me tell you, I know two different artists that Adriana supported on social media, just in different ways. Adriana commented under the first artist's pic and liked it and they made the decision to send it to her. But the other artist Adriana just re-posted his picture. The first Artist still got jealous because Adriana shared that to millions of people and the second artist may have gained more followers (narcissism) and ofcourse more people would comment about the work under her repost. And I rolled my eyes so hard at the first artist because its like, Adriana acknowledged you too, just differently.

That's another reason why models/celebs are better off just sticking to acknowledging and appreciating things from fans/admirers/artist as a group.

I went back just to see if I could find the reactions. 

MmUYRCNp.jpeg

#PrayForElsa'sFans #ICYBITCH

Yeah, when she did it she wrote a really nice message to them explaining it and thanking them for their support but I don't blame any model for not wanting to follow their fan accounts. If you follow one, the other ones complain if you don't follow them, etc. And then it really is just a feed full of your own face. :idk: At another point shortly after Elsa unfollowed them she had to write another message to them asking them not to fight between themselves, because they were in-fighting about which accounts she supported more than others. :rofl: 

I'm trying to imagine people older than 13 being involved in this but I can't, this is too much :rofl: