Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

9 hours ago, toodarnhot said:

Last year Taylor had all of January off from VS as well, so doesn’t necessarily mean anything.

Taylor has a lot of commitments in January for Lancome and to some extent Joe Jeans. She normally shoots in London or Paris for a couple of weeks and does one or two ambassador events.

On 1/18/2018 at 6:08 PM, Kevork89 said:

So we already call the new girls New Angels. If there’s another new crop what are they? The New New Angels?

Victoria's Angels.

It'll be run similar to Charlie's Angels just instead of an old intercom every new angel with have a bluetooth built into their brain so VS can constantly communicate with them. For example:

3 am post club romp Angel "Jane" seen leaving with famous "person, animal, transgenered, cisgenered, trans species, trans alien etc..." Just as Jane and what/whoever get into room the bluetooth goes off "Just remember you have a shoot later today and we're coming to get you at 6 am, we saw you leaving with someone/something, be safe and be ready for a day of work" As Ed shows up to the shoot with a stern look of disapproval on his face and asks "was he cute?" To which the what/whoever finds out and sues Ed for assuming that what/whoever was a "he" and not possibly something else and Ed is forced into retirement and MJ Day takes over and VS goes bankrupt within 6 months after MJ includes herself in every shoot for every new piece of clothing/undergarments/ swimwear.

NuSMlB4.jpg

19 hours ago, peroxideblonde said:

The swim shoots were great but just a blatan copy of other brands

Maybe, but it's hard to still be original when there are 100+ other brands out there who are creating the exact same thing. And I honestly wouldn't be so quick to say that VS was copying other brands, it was the other way around as well. I've lost count on how many times I've seen companies like H&M copy swimsuits VS sold way before anyone else did. Same goes for their lingerie, I'll see a certain type of design on VS website and poof, a few weeks later H&M comes out with a bra that looks extremely similar to VS's. It's normal that all of this happens but VS sure isn't the only one who copies designs from other brands.

I dont think they've signed anyone new except maybe Alexina just yet, but I do believe they are either testing the waters for some girls (Cindy, Roos, Robin, etc) for the near future or they are planning to just scratch the whole Angel concept altogether and just have a big lineup that can please everyone.

As far as sales going down, I think VS made two big mistakes: cutting swim and cutting catalogs. IDK about most of clients but for me VS Swim was my go-to option because I have a different size in top & bottom so VS was one of the few brands that would allow me to mix and match however I wanted and still be sure the sizes would fit me just how I needed them to fit, so when they cut swim that gave me one less reason to shop in the stores and I find myself checking their website less often. As for the catalogs, it was always so exciting to get them and check them out! It was a huge part of the whole fantasy to me, I think if they wanted to cut cost they should have decreased the number of catalogs or just keep the big ones like Swim, V-Day, Christmas, etc, not having the catalogs is one less reminder that the brand exists. I do think the models they have chosen recently are a bit at fault tho, this is something i have spoken about with many of my friends/family and it is unappealing to see certain girls who look way too young in the store banners (not naming names because then Ill get the whole you just hate her" shit tho), I rather see someone who looks more grown up and womanly in the stores like Lais selling me that fantasy, the kind of woman that makes you think shit I want to look like that! instead of she could be my little sister. I think the problem is that VS blurred the lines between Mainline and Pink so much that now it all looks pretty much the same and that whole cutesy, bff look is just not selling it for a lot of their costumers:idk: Not to say I dont think they are all beautiful women, because they are, is just that some of them dont represent what I used to love about VS at all.

^ VS wasn't the only brand that would let the customer mix and match though... Most brands that sell swimwear sell tops and bottoms separately so you can e.g buy a XS top and a M bottom. This isn't something only VS did or only exclusive to them either. I do think that them cutting swimwear and catalogs was a BIG mistake, if not one of their biggest mistakes in years. They've made quite a few, but honestly, nowadays some of their decisions are just downright weird and not logical at all. They're not the company they used to be, ok times change and that's normal for them to change as well in order to appeal to new generations, but they seem to have lost something they used to have many years ago. Never thought I'd say this but I don't see them sticking around for that much longer. I wouldn't be surprised if they were completely gone in 5-10 years.

A bit surprisingly, I’ve seen people complain about VS cutting the clothing line. Apparently, there was good stuff there for the office, pants with long in-seams etc. And Kate G. did wear a VS shirt to fittings and it didn’t look out of place with the rest of her outfit.

I think VS might have ran into that classic problem of cutting a product line that was less profitable but that brought customers in who would then buy other stuff as well. When those who bought VS clothes can’t do that anymore, they have less incentive to buy anything else from the brand.

On 19/01/2018 at 10:32 PM, toodarnhot said:

I got a coupon book from VS in it that has a few of the Valentine’s pictures if anyone is interested. Haven’t seen these online yet. 

A2E47BBF-A522-4E29-BE22-36BC9F711377.jpeg 7383225D-8BF2-4870-BF42-1C2C28A20201.jpeg 0248A28B-445B-4E86-986B-58FC4DC70690.jpeg 23EB2001-E80F-4448-900F-3867A70E7A8B.jpeg EEB50B9B-EE5F-4EC7-A0F7-940841947732.jpeg

This looks like a tween’s instagram tbqh. Would really be great to go back to sexy women. 

On 1/20/2018 at 6:43 AM, Scarlet said:

Swim was underrated and some of the designs were bomb. Wish they lowered the prices/upgraded the quality instead of ending it

I LOVED their swim line and own a few swimsuits. I've had one particular suit for 12 years now (Ale was modeling it in the 2006 catalogue and I feel in love with the picture and suit and had to get it). It's still wearable though it is starting to fall apart. 12 years!!! that's incredible to me, Idk why they got rid of swim because they were good quality with a lot of styles to choose from.

does anyone know where I can watch the VSFS 2017? all the videos were removed from Youtube adn the Punk segment was my all time ever favorite segment and i went to watch it but its gone. wtf. thanks to anyone who can help me!

3 hours ago, bump said:

I LOVED their swim line and own a few swimsuits. I've had one particular suit for 12 years now (Ale was modeling it in the 2006 catalogue and I feel in love with the picture and suit and had to get it). It's still wearable though it is starting to fall apart. 12 years!!! that's incredible to me, Idk why they got rid of swim because they were good quality with a lot of styles to choose from.

I have like five swimsuits from them too, the first one i got in 2010 and it still looks pretty damn good and its a white swimsuit which is a hard color to keep looking good. And again, it was one of the few brands that I could mix and match with and still get a perfect fit in top and bottoms. I hope they bring swim back :cry: 

I bought 3 or 4 swim sets when they discontinued swim and it was all on clearance, and they're great suits. I find most other options are ridiculously expensive (lmao I'm sorry, $90 for a pair of bottoms only? I think not.) or reasonably priced but felt super cheap. 

Also selfishly loved the VS swim shoots.