Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

I sincerely hope some of the VS models leave at this point. VS seems to offer nothing for Sara, Stella, Adriana, Candice, Lily & Taylor anymore. Will it be sad not seeing so many half naked pictures, meh, do I think their modeling career's will flourish even more outside of VS - yup. Like I said before, I know some of the goods on Taylor's contract last year, and VS wanted to keep her (and possibly Sara) by any means. Maybe VS gave certain models carte blanche to not have to shoot as much because of external factors, who knows :idk: but at this point missing out on Sara/Taylor and Candice/Adriana basically means fuck all.

22 minutes ago, Prettyphile said:

I sincerely hope some of the VS models leave at this point. VS seems to offer nothing for Sara, Stella, Adriana, Candice, Lily & Taylor anymore. Will it be sad not seeing so many half naked pictures, meh, do I think their modeling career's will flourish even more outside of VS - yup. Like I said before, I know some of the goods on Taylor's contract last year, and VS wanted to keep her (and possibly Sara) by any means. Maybe VS gave certain models carte blanche to not have to shoot as much because of external factors, who knows :idk: but at this point missing out on Sara/Taylor and Candice/Adriana basically means fuck all.

Maybe stupid assumption but I always thought all the "New Angels" had the same kind of contract but now that I hear you saying this, I could imagine Taylor hers being a little different tho :D

21 minutes ago, JJMarvel said:

Maybe stupid assumption but I always thought all the "New Angels" had the same kind of contract but now that I hear you saying this, I could imagine Taylor hers being a little different tho :D

I believe they all originally received the same contract when they signed (minus maybe Elsa because it sounds like she signed a couple months earlier) but they were short term contracts(Jac and Kate both had a year and were let go), and were recently up for negotiations. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Sara and Taylor choose to leave. VS has never given Sara any preferential treatment, and she keeps going on about how acting is her true passions. And Taylor's career is eons beyond VS at this point. 

Why would they leave though when they seem to be getting a nice paycheck and working less than the other girl? I’m sure they are getting over 1m a year with VS... and that’s really good money to just leave because other girls are used more. There’s no other lingerie company that would pay them that much and give them the exposure! So if I was the girls I wouldn’t leave. Steady money is good in an industry where you never know when ur getting payed! 

3 minutes ago, star2011 said:

Why would they leave though when they seem to be getting a nice paycheck and working less than the other girl? I’m sure they are getting over 1m a year with VS... and that’s really good money to just leave because other girls are used more. There’s no other lingerie company that would pay them that much and give them the exposure! So if I was the girls I wouldn’t leave. Steady money is good in an industry where you never know when ur getting payed! 

It's also a limiting contract though. It keeps them from working with other more prestigious lingerie brands, and even if they do have a more lax time commitment, it's still a commitment. Plus I think the "nice paycheck" is up in the air when they have to pay for so many girls. It's probably nothing to turn your nose up at, but it probably isn't as big of a draw as you think. 

39 minutes ago, JJMarvel said:

My impression is that they have different contracts.

Why would some of them shoot for like 150 days a year and some of them for something like 30 days and get the some amount of money?

Perhaps 10 NAs that signed about the same time in 2015 had the same one-year contract but I don't believe it stayed the same after that.

16 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

It's also a limiting contract though. It keeps them from working with other more prestigious lingerie brands, and even if they do have a more lax time commitment, it's still a commitment. Plus I think the "nice paycheck" is up in the air when they have to pay for so many girls. It's probably nothing to turn your nose up at, but it probably isn't as big of a draw as you think. 

I just don’t think anyone would stay in a contract that wasn’t beneficial for them!

11 minutes ago, ivancica said:

My impression is that they have different contracts.

Why would some of them shoot for like 150 days a year and some of them for something like 30 days and get the some amount of money?

Perhaps 10 NAs that signed about the same time in 2015 had the same one-year contract but I don't believe it stayed the same after that.

I get what you're trying to say but well I still think that Taylor has a bigger paycheck then for example Josephine and Elsa who work non-stop for VS all year round,  I don't think working more for the brand means you get a higher paycheck (not counting the Veterans in here ofcourse)

8 minutes ago, JJMarvel said:

I get what you're trying to say but well I still think that Taylor has a bigger paycheck then for example Josephine and Elsa who work non-stop for VS all year round,  I don't think working more for the brand means you get a higher paycheck (not counting the Veterans in here ofcourse)

I was not implying that the amount of work=bigger paycheck, just that their contracts must be different.

This was just an example as why I see them being different as I wanted to say (sorry for not being clear the first time) that if they did have the same contracts then Elsa and Jo would be crazy for working so much if they have a choice to work much less and get the same amount of money.
However, I don't think they have a choice. I believe their contracts are highly different, not just in terms of money, but also in terms of commitment (perhaps even specifying lingerie, beauty, sport). This could also mean that Taylor gets the biggest paycheck for the lowest (?) amount of work. Actually, that wouldn't surprise me at all.

Edit: In the end, it's all down to their agents and their negotiating skills. :smile:

I think VS is the reason why Adriana makes so much even if she works the lowest. And the bish just isn't going to leave on her own, not until she gets closer to her goals of breaking a record. After she walks the show this year, it should be good enough.

I think PR is the reason VS aren't letting Adriana and Candice go. They are the most famous still.

No hate towards Jo, but I think that because of her VS Contract, her modeling career (hf, runway, campaigns) has suffered. While she has become more famous, she doesn't get as much work as you would expect from someone with her popularity. She doesnt walk very many runways, she doesn't get very much HF work and she rarely does big campaigns. I don't know if shes trying to focus on VS, but something doesn't seem right considering that majority of the other new angels (Sara, Elsa, Taylor, etc.) careers have improved because of the VS Contract and its exposure.

3 minutes ago, Abry9285 said:

No hate towards Jo, but I think that because of her VS Contract, her modeling career (hf, runway, campaigns) has suffered. While she has become more famous, she doesn't get as much work as you would expect from someone with her popularity. She doesnt walk very many runways, she doesn't get very much HF work and she rarely does big campaigns. I don't know if shes trying to focus on VS, but something doesn't seem right considering that majority of the other new angels (Sara, Elsa, Taylor, etc.) careers have improved because of the VS Contract and its exposure.

I think jo wants to focus on vs mainly and not hf she suits vs more than hf to me and Taylor gets booked for hf because she has the face jo is more average 

44 minutes ago, Abry9285 said:

I agree with you.

Previously she walked all the major shows and she also got some campaigns in HF.

After she signed with VS - all this went downhill. Unfortunately.

I was more of her fan pre-VS.

27 minutes ago, ivancica said:

I agree with you.

Previously she walked all the major shows and she also got some campaigns in HF.

After she signed with VS - all this went downhill. Unfortunately.

I was more of her fan pre-VS.

I have a theory that it had to do with her standing up to D&G when they made comments about synthetic babies (2015?)... After that she stopped booking runways and shoots, when even the year before she was everywhere. 

2 minutes ago, GlitterAndWings said:

I have a theory that it had to do with her standing up to D&G when they made comments about synthetic babies (2015?)... After that she stopped booking runways and shoots, when even the year before she was everywhere. 

I don’t think this is why she is focusing on vs more .. vs have pushed her so far but idk 

11 minutes ago, GlitterAndWings said:

Interesting theory...

It did coincide with VS, but who knows.