Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Just now, everyboulevard said:

Why is VS acting like the t-shirt bra is only just now coming out in wireless? That thing's been wireless since the line was launched, or at least the relaunch. :ninja:

B/c they like to recycle and relaunch products & ideas...over & over again. That's been their model for years :/

2 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Although I agree with most of your complains, it's just tiring to read the same sh*t about the models, specially in a freaking forum dedicated to VS. If it frustrates you so much and you think it is that bad, why do you even spend your time here? 

I assume you're mixing up my long post with a later comment under mine (where someone else complained about the models) because the one thing I'm not criticizing is their choice of models.  I said this: "It's obvious to me why the brand is failing now, and it has nothing to do with who their current models are, or what their body type is (IMO their models are still the best of the best): "

36 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

OMG, I sometimes use the Rockin' Body Shimmer too!!! :woot: It is ok. Works slightly better if you combine it with lotion :p 

I have used the brightening gel too. I prefer the original one that came in a jar. It was a better shimmer and had a better texture :D 

Tried the brightening gel as a primer but I don't think it's noticeble! It ended up just lying there for years in my makeup drawer. I use the body shimmer for night outs, it's kind of ok :smile:

7 minutes ago, slacker said:

I assume you're mixing up my long post with a later comment under mine (where someone else complained about the models) because the one thing I'm not criticizing is their choice of models.  I said this: "It's obvious to me why the brand is failing now, and it has nothing to do with who their current models are, or what their body type is (IMO their models are still the best of the best): "

I was refering to the circle jerk of hating the models and VS in general that became standard practice, not your post. I actually stand by everything you said and criticizing is totally fine, specially if it has some more content than the "screw VS and all their blond teen models lmao" trend going on rn

2 hours ago, PinkCouture said:

B/c they like to recycle and relaunch products & ideas...over & over again. That's been their model for years :/

Recycling good for the environment, bad for business

Unless we bring back models that are a bit bigger :/ Then that's a great thing

20 minutes ago, Limerlight said:

Recycling good for the environment, bad for business

Unless we bring back models that are a bit bigger :/ Then that's a great thing

Only if it is environmentally-friendly. Something tells me VS might have an opportunity to improve in that area. I don’t think it is necessarily a bad thing to recycle ideas or products if the marketing is done correct.

I don’t see them bringing back curvier models anytime soon.

For anyone curious, VS shooting has started up again and of the Angels so far Elsa, Lais (these two were together today) and Martha have shot. Romee is scheduled to shoot this week as well. 

February seems to be when the majority of the girls signed so the next coming weeks might be telling if anyone is leaving depending, although fashion month will skew which girls are available for work. 

VS has started using Martha’s boyfriend, Jason MacDonald as a photographer. I believe Gizele O also shot with him this week. 

21 hours ago, toodarnhot said:

Agreed.

I feel like they’re trying to compete with Aerie on that “everyday cute and casual, young woman chilling with her friends in bralettes and logo tees” but it doesn’t work for them. Aerie is successfully selling the “real woman” vibe, with their zero photoshop and diversity of body sizes, but it falls flat with VS.  They need to embrace their history of the fantasy, sexy lingerie brand and move back towards that. 

Their brand was built on sexy, not childish. At this point, it's not a matter of the models, but the brand itself and those in charge of marketing and the obviously ineffective strategies they keep improving. If they went back to basics, they'd do better. 

Realistically, I don't see anyone being dropped or leaving this year. They're out three models with Ale leaving and Behati and Candice probably out of commission until the show (if either of them even do that). Adriana and Lily hardly work for VS anymore, save the bigger campaigns/the show, so that leaves the nine NA. I know people here want a smaller line up, myself included, but VS seems to like having an excess of spokesmodels and I don't see that changing. They've been on this more is more train for years.

3 hours ago, to_the_stars said:

Wait, they have a product called "brightening gel"? How the fuck did they get away with that and not this:

c79d118f68a6aac164c5f2bafef5c9bb--victoria-secret-lingerie-vs-angels.jpg vs-afp-40_2392262a.jpg

It's a very low-key cream highlight, it's not meant to change your complexion. But since we are on the theme, I found it very disturbing the huge amount of whitening creams in Thailand! Does anyone live in a place where it is normal to find them? I might sound very oblivious but I really didn't know this kind of products were so used :ph34r: 

Garnier+White+Complete+Multi+Action+Fair

30 minutes ago, Diorsfashion said:

Same I can see vs stores shutting down I wonder what will happen to the models themselves 

To be fair, a lot of industry is moving away from store fronts and are moving towards putting money into distribution and  fulfillment centers. Online has taken over shopping in North America. Very few people want to leave the comfort of their homes to go to a mall or outlet center anymore, and with good reason.... people suck, spending hours walking around when you have better things to do is pointless, and the lines (ain't nobody want to stand in lines... nobody). I personally cannot tell you the last time I stepped into a mall let alone went out to shop...

Limited Brands (the owners of VS) have closed 250 stores (of various types), so it's possible VS could close up the majority of store fronts, but my gut says it's highly unlikely for the foreseeable future. I actually see them moving towards more PINK geared stores :sad:

PINK is Limited's bread and butter atm, and as long as the CEO's see PINK as the go-too for profit, VS will continue to try and fill the bra/panty niche with laid back cuteness (i.e what we're seeing now).

Nothing will happen to the models - needless worrying is needless.

And another bites the dust.

Women’s apparel chain The Limited on Sunday began closing all 250 of its stores across the United States and is slashing 4,000 jobs, the latest casualty of shopping’s move online and the growth of fast fashion chains.

And just like Chico’s, Ann Taylor and other women’s apparel stores struggling with big drops in sales, The Limited has been struggling with shifts in consumer behavior and interest, a greater number of rivals and longer store leases.

“In an increasingly challenging environment for mall-based retail and women’s apparel, we are very disappointed that the company has had to make the difficult decision to close its retail locations,” the company’s private equity, Sun Capital said in a statement.

A message on The Limited’s web site said the retailer would continue to sell items online. But it’s not clear how much longer that will last: in December, Bloomberg News reported the company was likely headed for liquidation, and on Friday, Sun Capital said it was writing down the remaining equity value of Limited Stores to zero. The company did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Once a major retailer known for small 2,000 square foot stores selling a limited assortment women’s clothing, Limited Stores, founded in 1963 in Columbus, Ohio, fell on hard times in the last decade. The chain was spun off from Victoria’s Secret parent L Brands (lb, +3.25%)in 2007 in a leveraged buyout by Sun Capital. In 2010, L Brands, known as Limited Brands until 2013, sold its remaining 25% stake to Sun Capital for roughly $32 million.

And its disappearance will likely add pressure to mall operators like Simon Property Group (spg, -0.01%) and General Growth Properties (ggp, +0.17%), which are grappling with the bankruptcy in the last two years of mall stalwarts like Aéropostale, Pacific Sun, American Apparel and Wet Seal.

What’s more, mall anchors Macy’s (m, +0.63%) and Sears (sold) are closing hundreds of stores amid large sales declines.

Victoria’s Secret’s future looks rosy as Pink brand shows growth potential

Pink has to be Victoria’s Secret’s favorite color.

Targeting college-aged women, the Pink brand has turned into a big potential growth driver for Victoria’s Secret, and its parent company L Brands Inc. LB, +3.27%  , according to MKM Partners analysts.

“What we hadn’t appreciated was the size and productivity of Pink relative to Victoria’s Secret lingerie (go-forward business),” wrote analysts led by Roxanne Meyer.

MKM analysts attended the L Brands investor meeting on Thursday, and L Brands announced October results on Wednesday.

Pink sales were $2.9 billion in 2016 compared with $3.5 billion at Victoria’s Secret, Meyer notes. Analysts think Pink will become an even more meaningful business due to a few factors, including the size of the company’s loyalty program, Pink Nation, which has 15 million members and the benefits that the brand will reap from IT investments given the tech savvy nature of those customers. Analysts also say that just one-third of Victoria’s Secret stores carry the full Pink line.

Despite seeing an inflection point for L Brands, MKM the company’s shares neutral with a $47 price target.

The Victoria’s Secret brand has struggled recently, with the company’s exits from the swim and clothing categories taking a bite out of earnings results and concerns about whether the company’s very-sexy merchandise still resonates with consumers.

There’s also the competitive threat from companies like American Eagle Outfitters Inc. AEO, +2.14%   and its Aerie brand and Urban Outfitters Inc. URBN, +0.58%  

MKM says Victoria’s Secret and another big L Brands brand, Bath & Body Works, are experiencing the most innovation in a while, which could help turn things around for the company as a whole.

KeyBanc Capital Markets analysts led by Edward Yruma are “impressed” with Victoria’s Secret’s Chief Executive Jan Singer.

“There seems to be a soft pivot away from strictly sexy to a mix of fashion and function,” analysts wrote.

In addition, analysts think the company’s real estate has been managed “adeptly,” though the company’s mall presence is a headwind. About half of the company’s stores are in B and C malls, analysts said. B and C malls lack the premier retailers, entertainment and traffic volume of more upscale A malls.

KeyBanc rates L Brands shares underweight, but raised the price target to $35 from $32.

Wells Fargo analysts also discussed the company’s real estate portfolio in a Friday note, highlighting investor concern about the company’s domestic fleet of 3,000 stores, which is seen as a “growing liability” in a digital world.

At the investor event, Chief Financial Officer Stuart Burgdoerfer said there have been 560 store closures in the past decade with openings focused on top-tier locations and off-mall.

“He also remarked that stores in lower-tier malls generally have the shortest most flexible leases, while also noting that almost 30% of their fleet are off-mall,” Wells Fargo wrote.

Wells Fargo rates L Brands stock market perform with a $50 price target.

L Brands shares are down 28.2% for the past year while the S&P 500 index SPX, +0.19%   is up 23.9% for the period.

3 hours ago, Scarlet said:

It's a very low-key cream highlight, it's not meant to change your complexion. But since we are on the theme, I found it very disturbing the huge amount of whitening creams in Thailand! Does anyone live in a place where it is normal to find them? I might sound very oblivious but I really didn't know this kind of products were so used :ph34r: 

Anywhere in Asia. Lighter skin indicates a higher social standing in a majority of those countries. Stems from the belief that you didn’t have to work out in the fields and therefore wouldn’t be exposed to the sun. My aunt is constantly sending me beauty products over from Thailand and they’re without fail they always have some sort of lightening/bleach component. :cain: India is probably one of the biggest “culprits” of this. Bleaching is very heavily promoted as part of their beauty standard. 

Re: VS online sales. I don’t know if it’s the same in the states, but you currently can’t return online purchases in store in Canada, which I know personally disaudes me from purchasing online. A majority of places I shop online allow returns in their store fronts, so you don’t have to worry about paying shipping/shipping things back on time if there are fit or quality issues. If VS really wants to capitalize on online sales, I think that would be a great step for them to take. I know I would purchase a lot more online if that were the case, as size and colour selections can be better than in store.