Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

1 hour ago, Diorsfashion said:

Lol Victoria secret should drop Stella and Martha whereas Taylor doesn’t need vs shell Be successful without them and the whole vs page is jo vs need to do something different what there doing now is so boring 

It’s insanely hard to read your run-on sentences but just because you think something is boring doesn’t mean it isn’t working for VS.

11 minutes ago, Dipit said:

It’s insanely hard to read your run-on sentences but just because you think something is boring doesn’t mean it isn’t working for VS.

:whistle: 

VICTORIA'S SECRET SALES DECLINED EVERY SINGLE MONTH LAST YEAR

https://fashionista.com/2018/01/victorias-secret-revenue-sales-decline-2017

Not saying there aren't other external factors (competition/economy) but whatever they're doing isn't really working for them. 

On 1/6/2018 at 11:17 PM, Diorsfashion said:

Is it me or has everyone else realised how Taylor is becoming more popular right now she’s already at 9.7 million ig followed and last week she was only at 9.6 wow she is doing really well she doesn’t even need vs what do you guys think ? I feel like she’s the only one who can become successful without relying on vs 

-
Spoiler

I know some info about Taylor's VS contract and the negotiations that went on during the renewal of it, and I'm saying this with no bullshit - VS really wants to keep Taylor around. Also there is a reason why we didn't see much of VS/Taylor last year and it had nothing to do with her being "over it".

The VS brand is dying IMO (and the opinions of others, and according to their sales).  It's kind of sad.  They dropped clothing and swimwear, which might have been a smart move, or might not have, but the problem is the marketing, branding, and photography for what's left - lingerie - has become incredibly boring.  I mean come on, they can't afford to do location shoots and build sets anymore, and the best they can do is boring solid color backgrounds? 

They got rid of the paper catalogs (cool, save the trees!), but there's no reason not to publish an online web version of the catalog and also release it in HQ PDF form.  The whole appeal of the brand was the "fantasy" and "story" element in their catalogs and the site, but now they've abandoned that for mediocrity.  Ironically, they still seem to think people care about the VS Fashion Show, which has been mind-numbingly boring for the past 10 years already.

"Meanwhile Victoria's Secret sales have been steadily declining for some time now. After deciding to stop manufactoring swimwear and apparel in 2016 (a massive chunk of the company's merchandise) because they weren't performing to standard, the brand saw brand's profits drop monthly throughout 2017. "

see:

http://www.papermag.com/victorias-secret-lawsuit-2523988798.html?xrs=RebelMouse_fb

https://hypebae.com/2018/1/victorias-secret-sales-decline

I think a better size range would definitely help them. I have friends that are what I would consider very normal/average sizes (not plus or overweight) who don't fit into a majority of VS sizings. Of the 120 bras currently listed on the VS website, only 17 of those styles are made in their largest sizes,  40D-DDD. :idk: If people simply can't buy your product, then that's consumer dollars going elsewhere. (I also think VS inflates their sizing.) 

6 minutes ago, LuckyXR said:

In everyone’s opinion: If they expanded sizes to include larger ones like so many people complain about (while including a plus size model), would it make a difference?

Models most synonymous with VS were the curvier ones like Tyra, Heidi, Laetitia, etc. It’s no coincidence during the times these models were present VS did pretty well. 

Even though I'm not a fan of some of those Angels, I don't think they're at fault for VS' issues. The biggest issue is the direction they're taking with their shoots. If they went back to the sexy, more mature vibes, it would be better all around, but going for a more laid back look is what's damaging. The girls can deliver, it's just a matter of using them in the right setting. More shoots like the ones for Valentine's Day last year would be better instead of the cutesy shoots they're pushing right now. 

1 minute ago, GlitterAndWings said:

Even though I'm not a fan of some of those Angels, I don't think they're at fault for VS' issues. The biggest issue is the direction they're taking with their shoots. If they went back to the sexy, more mature vibes, it would be better all around, but going for a more laid back look is what's damaging. The girls can deliver, it's just a matter of using them in the right setting. More shoots like the ones for Valentine's Day last year would be better instead of the cutesy shoots they're pushing right now. 

Agreed.

I feel like they’re trying to compete with Aerie on that “everyday cute and casual, young woman chilling with her friends in bralettes and logo tees” but it doesn’t work for them. Aerie is successfully selling the “real woman” vibe, with their zero photoshop and diversity of body sizes, but it falls flat with VS.  They need to embrace their history of the fantasy, sexy lingerie brand and move back towards that.