Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

3 minutes ago, LuckyXR said:

Did anyone check out the balmain pieces in store at all?

@PinkCouture @toodarnhot Because I know you girls shop there

I actually did today, since VS is right across from my work! 

The pieces aren’t my style so I wasn’t going to buy any but just wanted to see how they felt/looked in person. 

The bras feel the exact same as any other VS bra to me- no noticeable difference in quality of fabric or manufacturing that I would have kind of expected for the prices but I guess you’re paying extra for the little Balmain tag. They had a sign that said two pieces per customer, and I think a lot of it is already sold out online so it seems like a successful collab for them at least. 

The shirts in the collection are horribly ugly to me. :rofl: And one of them had ornamentation on the shoulders that was either cheap as hell metal or plastic. :ninja: 

4 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

The shirts in the collection are horribly ugly to me. :rofl: And one of them had ornamentation on the shoulders that was either cheap as hell metal or plastic. :ninja: 

Balmain seems like a money grab to me. It’s popular as hell now, Olivier is obviously great at branding, but soon the label will be seen as gauche and then they won’t have that haute couture prestige to try to fall back on.

12 minutes ago, Sanni said:

Balmain seems like a money grab to me. It’s popular as hell now, Olivier is obviously great at branding, but soon the label will be seen as gauche and then they won’t have that haute couture prestige to try to fall back on.

Bingo. There's going to be a bunch of teenagers spending their whole week of wages from their part time jobs on a bra because they saw Kim Kardashian and Kylie wear Balmain, but it's not going to have much lasting power. 

:rofl: I should buy a couple pieces tomorrow and then hawk them on eBay for profit. 

20 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

I actually did today, since VS is right across from my work! 

The pieces aren’t my style so I wasn’t going to buy any but just wanted to see how they felt/looked in person. 

The bras feel the exact same as any other VS bra to me- no noticeable difference in quality of fabric or manufacturing that I would have kind of expected for the prices but I guess you’re paying extra for the little Balmain tag. They had a sign that said two pieces per customer, and I think a lot of it is already sold out online so it seems like a successful collab for them at least. 

Pretty much what I figured, my sister in law was interested in a couple of pieces, but I just don’t see paying so much for the usual stuff. Plus I don’t want to go to the mall. Thanks! :flower:

6 minutes ago, LuckyXR said:

If I knew I could make some money, eBay sounds like a good idea :dry: I honestly assumed people who bought online would do it.

I just went and looked and pieces are being listed at $200-300 with some even listed at over $700. I'm not convinced they'll actually sell for that much though. 

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Victoria-s-Secret-x-Balmain-Swarovski-Lingerie-Set-Limited-Edition/182933630379?hash=item2a97b1adab:g:G7EAAOSwCMFaHhnU

1 hour ago, LuckyXR said:

I can maybe see someone paying that for them when they’re a bit more “rare” and not everyone is trying to sell.

So with that said, do you all think the collaborations with other designers will continue?

It would be nice to do one designer segment once a year, I can see Jeremy Scott Moschino like stated before and Versace did H&M so I don't see why not VS. Besides those I'd Personally  love to see Burberry check pattern segment, Christmas Tiffany blue with snowflakes or Christian Louboutin dark angels segment in all black lingerie with black pumps and red bottoms.

I'm surprised they didn't have Olivier Rousteing backstage sucking in his cheeks and making sure there outfits were runway ready, I didn't really see Balmain flashed in the background or anywhere else for the viewers at home during the segment. When Olivier was backstage a few years ago he was featured but never during this show. Side note when Jasmine at 1:38 in the road to runway fittings segment asks what her safety pin wings were made out of my eyes rolled 360 degrees, it was so forced. My neighbors blind dog could tell they were safety pins especially the over embellished safety pins dangling down the wings.

I wonder if VSFS could get more viewers if they actually televised the show live? That would be interesting as hell but they wouldn’t do it because then they can’t plan everything out and edit it to crap like they do usually. Honestly I’m all for a Netflix deal. The viewership would be massive compared and if they offered it on all Netflix around the world they would be reaching a massive market. I’m really surprised VS haven’t tried this already especially with how they’re trying to get out in more international markets. They would also have the added advantage of it not being on network tv. But I think they’ll lose a lot of control in decision making if they went somewhere like Netflix.

4 minutes ago, Kevork89 said:

I wonder if VSFS could get more viewers if they actually televised the show live? That would be interesting as hell but they wouldn’t do it because then they can’t plan everything out and edit it to crap like they do usually. Honestly I’m all for a Netflix deal. The viewership would be massive compared and if they offered it on all Netflix around the world they would be reaching a massive market. I’m really surprised VS haven’t tried this already especially with how they’re trying to get out in more international markets. They would also have the added advantage of it not being on network tv. But I think they’ll lose a lot of control in decision making if they went somewhere like Netflix.

I agree or stream it directly on there website concurrently, if they went to netflix they wouldn't have to air it so late at night, I think there's some law about what time you could air lingerie.

23 hours ago, LuckyXR said:

Did anyone check out the balmain pieces in store at all?

@PinkCouture @toodarnhot Because I know you girls shop there

Not yet, just online and it looks like a few of the pieces are soldout already. Was really hoping the jacket was available for purchase :/ 

Have you had a chance to check out the collection? :smile: