Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

6 hours ago, to_the_stars said:

But how does that work? You pose with a bra, the bra doesn't sell, you're to blame? 

What if it's a shitty bra?

It is not based on one item but various items featuring the model and it is analyze quarterly. The whole process is quite intricate and there are algorithms involved. And just b/c a model didnn't sell well for that quarter doesn't necessarily mean they are gone. Depending on the model and situation they might adjust their approach.

13 minutes ago, JROCK177217 said:

Stephanie Seymour ended her contract in 2000 and sought treatment for a Vicodin addiction and alcoholism in the ensuing months, so probably due to personal issues. 

Marisa Miller was rumored to have been fired in 2009, but it was confirmed in 2010 that she negotiated out of her contract, in order to focus on different business endeavors. She was quoted stating that, in modern times, supermodels needed to become brands themselves, so she chose to focus on more individualized efforts, which included partnering with Harley Davidson and several projects that supported the US military. 

Stephanie quite abruptly and sent the company into a tizzy and they had to order extra associate hours to take care of it.

That's not completely true about Marisa...

Just now, PinkCouture said:

Stephanie quite abruptly and sent the company into a tizzy and they had to order extra associate hours to take care of it.

That's not completely true about Marisa...

I forgot how bad Stephanie's breakdown really was. 

Which part is false about the Marisa part? Her interview with Ocean Drive states essentially everything that I mentioned. 

1 minute ago, JROCK177217 said:

Which part is false about the Marisa part? Her interview with Ocean Drive states essentially everything that I mentioned. 

I promised her I wouldn't say anything but if you review everything that was occurring at that time it is not that difficult to figure out what happened...

39 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

I promised her I wouldn't say anything but if you review everything that was occurring at that time it is not that difficult to figure out what happened...

So mysterious! :smile: I tried to scour old Bellazon posts about her but came up short. Not as easy to figure out as you made it out to be. Guess I'll never know. I respect her privacy though. 

9 minutes ago, JROCK177217 said:

So mysterious! :smile: I tried to scour old Bellazon posts about her but came up short. Not as easy to figure out as you made it out to be. Guess I'll never know. I respect her privacy though. 

You don't need to scour her thread. Just observe what was happening at the time in general :smile:

6 minutes ago, Sanni said:

Some blamed her manager husband. But I guess she wouldn’t complain about her husband to @PinkCouture :laugh:

We will not go there...

2 hours ago, JROCK177217 said:

Naomi stated earlier that she had been offered an Angel contract, but refused because she was worth too much. 

Never knew this. Who were the other "almost angels" that turned down contracts (or had contracts pulled)?

i Heard Isabeli was making better money outside VS so didn't take one, Daría chose Lancôme and Ana BB chose M&S but what about others?

1 hour ago, uberglasses said:

What about Laetitia Casta? 

According to her, she felt as if the company was only using her as "a piece of meat" and essentially found her role as a spokesmodel very demeaning and controlling. She complained to Glamour that she felt as though her voice was silenced and she wasn't able to advocate for herself and truly showcase her own personality. She defined herself as being too "rebellious" for the brand's image, which prompted her exit. Whether she left or the brand kicked her out isn't clear, but it didn't affect her high fashion career. 

32 minutes ago, Jaku84 said:

Never knew this. Who were the other "almost angels" that turned down contracts (or had contracts pulled)?

i Heard Isabeli was making better money outside VS so didn't take one, Daría chose Lancôme and Ana BB chose M&S but what about others?

I'm fairly certain Joan Smalls was offered a contract around 2011 - 2012, but turned it down. She was ranked #1 on models.com at the time, so she probably was pursuing higher fashion. 

Emanuela de Paula was supposed to be contracted with Candice, Rosie, Chanel, Erin, and Lily, but it never happened. 

I'm not sure if this is entirely accurate, but I have heard Maryna Linchuk was offered the role once. Not sure when or if it actually happened, but presumably around the end of the 2000s to the beginning of the 2010s. 

3 hours ago, JROCK177217 said:

Emanuela de Paula was supposed to be contracted with Candice, Rosie, Chanel, Erin, and Lily, but it never happened. 

Oh yes, I remember her being on an Esquire (?) cover with them. I wonder what happened? 

They dont seem to have offered Oluchi a contract even though they used her loads. Way harsh.

23 minutes ago, Jaku84 said:

Oh yes, I remember her being on an Esquire (?) cover with them. I wonder what happened? 

They dont seem to have offered Oluchi a contract even though they used her loads. Way harsh.

Wasn't she in the same boat as AnaBB? I was under the impression they were both offered contracts around 2002 and both turned them down.