Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

I do think social media is something big in the current modeling world and inside VS but what I'm surprised about is, why would they give a Fantasy Bra to the two Angels who are the least followed? Because it would increase their followers and popularity? I agree that it might have been a help for Jasmine, but I don't think it'd quite help a lot for Lais. (The only reason why I can see they gave it to Jasmine first is because she was the first WOC in years to receive it tbh)

If VS were smart (in my eyes at least) they would give the FB to the most followed NA's like Taylor or Sara, it'd leave a huge impact on both of their fashion careers since these are booming (which isn't the case with Lais and Jasmine) and it'd be a great deal for VS aswell since they're the most popular ones and it'd gain them as a brand loads of attention, well established spokeswomen,...

1 hour ago, JJMarvel said:

I do think social media is something big in the current modeling world and inside VS but what I'm surprised about is, why would they give a Fantasy Bra to the two Angels who are the least followed? Because it would increase their followers and popularity? I agree that it might have been a help for Jasmine, but I don't think it'd quite help a lot for Lais. (The only reason why I can see they gave it to Jasmine first is because she was the first WOC in years to receive it tbh)

If VS were smart (in my eyes at least) they would give the FB to the most followed NA's like Taylor or Sara, it'd leave a huge impact on both of their fashion careers since these are booming (which isn't the case with Lais and Jasmine) and it'd be a great deal for VS aswell since they're the most popular ones and it'd gain them as a brand loads of attention, well established spokeswomen,...

Yes but jasmine gained followers lais didn't really so there wasn't a point giving it to  lais I agree it could be handed to sara maybe bc lais didn't really gain anything 

1 minute ago, MarVS said:

i think is because they tried to break barriers giving to another WOC  the fantasy bra and be a brand with big diversity and not obvious  maybe. cause the majority probalby thought it would be a Blonde turn.

Yea but lais didnt really gain anything it was like here you go wear it maybe they should of thought this through maybe they should give it to sara

7 minutes ago, Diorsfashion said:

Yes but jasmine gained followers lais didn't really so there wasn't a point giving it to  lais I agree it could be handed to sara maybe bc lais didn't really gain anything 

It's not like Jasmine gained that much followers over a year. She did, but not like other Angels do. It's also not like her Fantasy Bra had a big impact on her career, cause what exciting jobs did she get this year? She barely walked shows, didn't get any campaign (besides Tommy Hilfiger and Liu Jo) and she went to PFW for what? To party. I don't think it changed a lot for her in general. Besides her work for VS ofcourse.

Just now, JJMarvel said:

It's not like Jasmine gained that much followers over a year. She did, but not like other Angels do. It's also not like her Fantasy Bra had a big impact on her career, cause what exciting jobs did she get this year? She barely walked shows, didn't get any campaign (besides Tommy Hilfiger and Liu Jo) and she went to PFW for what? To party. I don't think it changed a lot for her in general. Besides her work for VS ofcourse.

Hmm ok but what did lais walk then ?? Nothing 2 shows is better then nothing I think jasmine has given up on walking on runway anyways 

you overestimate the importance of social media too much. For VS it isn't so important they haven't hesitated to leave aside very popular models on instagram and twitter like Barbara Palvin or Kate Upton. It is important not to confuse the superficial popularity of social media with the impact on consumers. For Lais and Jasmine don't worry they have enough contracts and have a good career. I think Lais doesn't care about her popularity on social media she does the minimum and that doesn't stop her from making one of her best years of career.

13 minutes ago, Fuka said:

you overestimate the importance of social media too much. For VS it isn't so important they haven't hesitated to leave aside very popular models on instagram and twitter like Barbara Palvin or Kate Upton. It is important not to confuse the superficial popularity of social media with the impact on consumers. For Lais and Jasmine don't worry they have enough contracts and have a good career. I think Lais doesn't care about her popularity on social media she does the minimum and that doesn't stop her from making one of her best years of career.

Yea this is true it's not always about social media this and that it's about how much work you do on runway not just Victoria secret who cares if a model has 5 million followers but is that model getting runway work no 

18 hours ago, shver said:

I call bullshit on that list, there is no way Kendull made 22m .. considering Gigi works more than her and has brand collaborations and somehow makes 12.5m less? Also the Kartrashians are known to inflate their earnings lol 

She has her TV show which bring in a load of cash as well as some other endeavors with her sister. Most of Gisele's money didn't come from modeling either.

8 minutes ago, Diorsfashion said:

Yea this is true it's not always about social media this and that it's about how much work you do on runway not just Victoria secret who cares if a model has 5 million followers but is that model getting runway work no 

The goal of VS is to sell as much of their products as possible. I think Jasmine and Lais are very useful for this because they will reach customers that other angels will leave indifferent. This is also why they are put forward regardless of their impact on social media.

2 minutes ago, Fuka said:

The goal of VS is to sell as much of their products as possible. I think Jasmine and Lais are very useful for this because they will reach customers that other angels will leave indifferent. This is also why they are put forward regardless of their impact on social media.

Yea it's about the selling the product not how many followers you have like seriously people keep whining about lais and jasmine it's getting annoying all this followers etc it doesn't matter 

45 minutes ago, JJMarvel said:

It's been a year. When do you expect her peak to come then?

Who knows really. There are some who I think have clearly hit their peak (Martha) and then they start to trend again. Right now, Stella, Jo, Elsa, Sara, Lily, Candice are not on their peak. Adriana and Alessandra always have their peaks around showtime, Tay, Lais, Romee and Jas are right now peaking.

20 minutes ago, Siemgi said:

She has her TV show which bring in a load of cash as well as some other endeavors with her sister. Most of Gisele's money didn't come from modeling either.

Plus, her app, 1 picture she posts on IG can bring her more than $500k and altough a blunder, her Pepsi deal def gave her a few more million bucks.