Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

^ I think you’re seriously underestimating how much brands value social media followings now in the industry. There are plenty of instances now when a model will go for a casting (either campaign or runway) and be asked to include the number of IG followers they have on their sign in sheets. 

Social media is basically free advertising for a brand. It doesn’t cost them anything, and they can potentially reach hundreds of thousands of consumers. And yes, there are plenty of teenagers on IG, but the 18-35 year old demographic is also very strong on IG, and that’s a key market for VS. It’s not the end all be all, but it’s certainly a helpful tool for a brand like VS. 

Why do you think girls like Kendall and Gigi get a free pass to the show? Their following means they bring press.  It’s even little things. Someone who wasn’t watching the VSFS might see Adriana or Candice trending on twitter, and click through to see the images etc. 

15 minutes ago, Fuka said:

but what buzz ?? That of some teen fan on twitter or instagram? Social media is not indicative of any trend in the real population and consumers. We can take the example of different elections, trump or brexit the result in the end is the opposite of what we could see on twitter and Instagram. It's probably the same thing in VS's business. If social media was so important to the brand, Lais with her small number of followers would never have worn the FB. It's just my opinion 

Yea I think this is true lais for the fb and she doesn't have many followers but she got the b brand should aim to promote their bras and etc to an older demographic not teens they should start stop relying on social media

I agree social media are new channels of advertising that should not be ignored. But I think we should not over estimate its importance. they will be interesting on part of the public but only a minority of consumers that should not be neglected of course.

Diorsfashion

I agree with you their market research may have shown that Lais has an impact elsewhere than on social media.

1 minute ago, Fuka said:

I agree social media are new channels of advertising that should not be ignored. But I think we should not over estimate its importance. they will be interesting on part of the public but only a minority of consumers that should not be neglected of course.

Diorsfashion

I agree with you their market research may have shown that Lais has an impact elsewhere than on social media.

What other impact does she have she deserves more followers but I thought she would gain more at least 2m followers ..

The example of Lais is interesting very little buzz on social media, few followers, yet a long seniority in the brand and had her FB. It shows that social media don't do all the business.

I think that Lais reaches consumers who are not very present on social media, 

otherwise they would have fired her for a long time. to conclude I think social media has a minor impact on sales.

4 minutes ago, Fuka said:

The example of Lais is interesting very little buzz on social media, few followers, yet a long seniority in the brand and had her FB. It shows that social media don't do all the business.

I think that Lais reaches consumers who are not very present on social media, 

otherwise they would have fired her for a long time. to conclude I think social media has a minor impact on sales.

They won't fire her lais seems the type to stick with vs if even vs are loosing customers or whatever she will stay regardless 

The show this year was meh, I mean the makeup/hairstyle were so much better but it's not that exciting anymore, they give wings to anyone and that was something special before. Martha is a good spokesperson but that catwalk sis...:g2g: It's the same with Stella tbh, I can say that Blanca or Gizele would better angels sns.

Some outfits were decent and others... :brandon4:

Also they better hire Alexina, Grace and Frida again next year. Queen Candice saved the show.

Resultado de imagen de ming xi fell gif kendall could never

Here's the ones I consider most impressive:

That’s a wrap Shanghai! What an incredibly beautiful, interesting, and mysterious adventure. @victoriassecret #VSFashionShow

#1 1.040m !! Because it's a million!

WHAT!? IS THIS EVEN REAL!! Just walked my FOURTH @victoriassecret fashion show!!! I️ am still shaking and can’t thank everyone enough for all the work and energy and time that goes into this show! Thank you @ed_razek @monica.mitro and everyone at @10magazine for believing in me and keeping me around, I’m forever grateful of your confidence in me ?✨? also thank you to my family and friends and all my amazing agents at @imgmodels And @management360 For the support these past few months and to @michaelstephenshank for always keeping my head on straight on loving me no matter what! Also to the trainers and the coaches who dedicated so much time to me, and of course the FANS I️ love you#hillfam forever and ever.

#2 920k (new high, it didnt even opened)

???

#3 580k Back where was little buzz compared to now, this fittings photo snuck in 580k likes!! For Sara at that time, that was higher than its highest photo to date by more than 200k likes! I think the social media build up for Sara was pretty big and it felt really underwhelmed and I think its because of the outfits (they are not aestetically pretty) and she underperfomed hugely in likes during the Shanghai stuff.  But this was an outstanding datapoint.

Romee's photo isnt loading but that's for sure my 4th. She's def competition for Jo to be the 3rd NA.

3 hours ago, Siemgi said:

So only one VS Angel made the Forbes list...

https://www.forbes.com/pictures/59f65cc231358e542c04644e/1-kendall-jenner-1/#73a559636b12

At least my fave is #1!

I call bullshit on that list, there is no way Kendull made 22m .. considering Gigi works more than her and has brand collaborations and somehow makes 12.5m less? Also the Kartrashians are known to inflate their earnings lol 

36 minutes ago, shver said:

I call bullshit on that list, there is no way Kendull made 22m .. considering Gigi works more than her and has brand collaborations and somehow makes 12.5m less? Also the Kartrashians are known to inflate their earnings lol 

Earnings aren't the only thing they may inflate.....