Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Pfew, I was thinking of reacting for the first time in this thread for a month now because i've been watching the discussion for years, but then this s**tstorm of comments due to the post target flooded the entire thing. Now that everybody done did calm down we can finally just talk some tea again without jumping from one topic to another?

21 hours ago, toodarnhot said:

Horrendous quality, but PJ promo video from the VS site. 

The stuff looks cute and so do the models. But really, I can NOT be the only one getting super tired of Jo's tongue biting frowning smile. It's just not cute to me. Also, with Jo, it's either the tongue biting goofy cutesy smile or the one eyebrow raised 'bombshell' glare into the camera. She's hot and could have the bombshell factor, definitely not denying that. I dont know. Just don't think she's as versitile as some people make her out to be.

1 hour ago, notthatkindagirl said:

Pfew, I was thinking of reacting for the first time in this thread for a month now because i've been watching the discussion for years, but then this s**tstorm of comments due to the post target flooded the entire thing. Now that everybody done did calm down we can finally just talk some tea again without jumping from one topic to another?

The stuff looks cute and so do the models. But really, I can NOT be the only one getting super tired of Jo's tongue biting frowning smile. It's just not cute to me. Also, with Jo, it's either the tongue biting goofy cutesy smile or the one eyebrow raised 'bombshell' glare into the camera. She's hot and could have the bombshell factor, definitely not denying that. I dont know. Just don't think she's as versitile as some people make her out to be.

+1 :ninja: It ruined the video for me. 

20 minutes ago, clubparadise said:

Yes, Jo needs to chill with the tongue, but so should ya'll with saying the same thing over and over and OVER again how it's annoying and cringy. It's getting old and tiring :cain:

'needs to chill with the tongue' :rofl: had me laughing. Yeah i agree, but in that particular clip it was once again so obvious. 

Just now, willash said:

Kate Grigorieva, Julia Belyakova, Dasha Khlystun and Irina Sharipova won't be walking the VS Fashion Show due to their VISAs :I

Yeah i read that. Such a shame, especially Kate G, Irina and Dasha. :sad: Still warming up to Julia but nevertheless a shame of lost outfits as well. 

12 minutes ago, notthatkindagirl said:

'needs to chill with the tongue' :rofl: had me laughing. Yeah i agree, but in that particular clip it was once again so obvious. 

Yeah i read that. Such a shame, especially Kate G, Irina and Dasha. :sad: Still warming up to Julia but nevertheless a shame of lost outfits as well. 

Such a shame for the Russian girls. They're always so good (especially Kate). Well maybe VS can use them for shoots instead? 

shame. I wish other more blah girls had missed the visas (looking at you Stella/Aidan/Martha) 

41 minutes ago, notthatkindagirl said:

Lost outfits? You think they will just scrap the outfits entirely instead of reassigning outfits to other models? I guess it is too late for that, everything has been fitted to each model. Unfortunate

1 hour ago, clubparadise said:

Yes, Jo needs to chill with the tongue, but so should ya'll with saying the same thing over and over and OVER again how it's annoying and cringy. It's getting old and tiring :cain:

saaame jeez this is a fun commercial not sexy, she's smiling and having a good time like the others

So you guys. Check this. This isn’t confirmed, though I wouldn’t be surprised if it were true

Is This Adriana Lima’s Last Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show?

According to her trainer, the model is facing a fitness emergency as she prepares to walk in her last show

By Margaret Abrams • 08/22/17 12:52pm

gettyimages-187923020.jpg?quality=80&w=6

Adriana Lima on the runway in 2013. Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images for Victoria

Adriana Lima is facing a fitness emergency as she prepares to walk in her last Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.

The iconic Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show castings have been taking place over the past two weeks, and today, Lima’s trainer might have confirmed that 2017 will be her last show, via email. Michael Olajide, Jr. trains plenty of top models at his Manhattan boxing gym Aerospace, including Bridget Malcolm, Doutzen Kroes, Kelly Gale and Grace Mahary. The former professional boxer is known for his eye patch and flashy sneakers, and he’s often called the godfather of boxing fitness techniques. Olajide sent out a mass email to his adoring fans this morning with the frantic subject line, “A note from Michael!! Please read.”

After offering up some post-eclipse eye patches, he wrote, “There’s been a sudden fitness emergency as Ms. Lima who’s walking for the ‘last time’ this year for Victorias Secret, needs the Aerocist. to perform an Aerocism and get her into iconic shape.” The exact details of the fitness emergency are left unsaid. Perhaps her abs are not protruding as much as years past, or maybe Olajide needs to fly to China to prepare with her personally. Until he’s back from said predicament, there will be a sub in the form of “The Gforce” Gary Griffin, who all other Angels will have to make do with.

gettyimages-626920972.jpg?quality=80&w=6

Adriana Lima, Elsa Hosk, Alessandra Ambrosio and Josephine Skriver in 2016. Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images for Victoria's Secret

It’s rumored that the Angels will be flying to China for this year’s show, according to WWDIf it’s true, the timing couldn’t be better, as VS just opened a boutique in Shanghai, with appearances from Alessandra AmbrosioJosephine Skriver, Sui He and Ming Xi, who all posted the accompanying #sponcon on Instagram. Last year’s runway show took place in Paris, where Bruno MarsLady Gaga and former Angel dater, The Weeknd, performed. Other shows have taken place in New York, LA, Miami and London.

Perhaps Lima is retiring to cozy up with her new boyfriend, author Metin Hara, who she has been devoting Instagram posts to and traveled with to Turkey. Or maybe she wants to spend more time with her young daughters, who are four and seven. There’s always the possibility that after working for the lingerie brand since 1999, she’s simply looking at other options.

Lima told British Vogue “I never want to retire, so I’ll do this for as long as my body can hold out!” in 2015, but with such a dire fitness emergency, it looks like this might be the ‘last time’ she walks with wings.

Update: Adriana Lima’s representative has reached out to the Observer to let us know that they cannot confirm that this is her last show for Victoria’s Secret. 

http://observer.com/2017/08/adriana-lima-last-victorias-secret-fashion-show-in-china/

9 hours ago, Jaku84 said:

Such a shame for the Russian girls. They're always so good (especially Kate). Well maybe VS can use them for shoots instead? 

shame. I wish other more blah girls had missed the visas (looking at you Stella/Aidan/Martha) 

Not a fan of Aidan and I feel like she got shooed in since her step-mom is Monica.

7 hours ago, A-sia said:

Everyone back then wanted Jo to become an angel, now everybody hates her for being her true self. Is the problem really in overuse of model by VS? 

I agree, same thing will happen when Grace is an angel for a few months, I don't see bombshell in her she's cute and blends in with the NA's though.

On 11/13/2017 at 4:50 PM, gotportugal said:

Sara just hit 6 MILLION followers!

For some reason I thought she had way more than that, she was massively popular before VS.  I've been following along with the amount of followers from the Instagram stats post every month and I'm still not sure how she's that low in the order of things.

8 hours ago, Redwinemom said:

Lost outfits? You think they will just scrap the outfits entirely instead of reassigning outfits to other models? I guess it is too late for that, everything has been fitted to each model. Unfortunate

I can't seem to remember what happened when Lais injured herself that one year right before the show, I'm guessing they'll find someone to fit into the outfits like they did for her. I don't mind if they had less girls and more time showing each girl instead of the random chop job they've had the past few years, you barely enjoy the outfits with so many things going on.

7 hours ago, User06301989 said:

I can't seem to remember what happened when Lais injured herself that one year right before the show, I'm guessing they'll find someone to fit into the outfits like they did for her. I don't mind if they had less girls and more time showing each girl instead of the random chop job they've had the past few years, you barely enjoy the outfits with so many things going on.

Behati wore Lais's 'Dangerous Liaisons' outfit in 2012, if I'm not mistaken? There was a whole segment in the 2013 show dedicated to Bee and Lais, and Bee welcoming her back. :smile:

They'll find someone else to wear those outfits for sure, it's been done a lot of times before, this isn't the first time a model has to cancel the show last minute and it won't be the last. Some lucky gals that had one outfit will get to walk twice now