Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

She wasn't one their most high profile models :rofl: first of all, Kate did like two shoots for VS and that was before she made it big. I like Kate a lot, she's a beautiful woman and I think Sophia was a bitch for saying those things about Kate. However, i see now that it was the right call from VS to not keep working with her, it wouldn't have worked anyway

1 minute ago, *Luna* said:

What did Sophia say about Kate??

Despite the label's model booker recently saying that she "would never" hire her

Stylist Sophie Neophitou, who casts the Victoria's Secret fashion show, spoke out against the American model last year - saying that she was "too obvious" a choice to appear in the annual catwalk event. (In spite of the fact that she had already worked with the brand.)

"We would never use [Upton]. She's like a Page 3 girl," she told the New York Times. "She's like a footballer's wife, with the too-blonde hair and that kind of face that anyone with enough money can go out and buy."

2 minutes ago, Prettyphile said:

Despite the label's model booker recently saying that she "would never" hire her

Stylist Sophie Neophitou, who casts the Victoria's Secret fashion show, spoke out against the American model last year - saying that she was "too obvious" a choice to appear in the annual catwalk event. (In spite of the fact that she had already worked with the brand.)

"We would never use [Upton]. She's like a Page 3 girl," she told the New York Times. "She's like a footballer's wife, with the too-blonde hair and that kind of face that anyone with enough money can go out and buy."

That's messed up, very hurtful and uncalled for. If she doesn't like Kate then fine but there's no need for her to be so public about it and say that to the press... Did Kate ever respond to that? 

1 minute ago, *Luna* said:

That's messed up, very hurtful and uncalled for. If she doesn't like Kate then fine but there's no need for her to be so public about it and say that to the press... Did Kate ever respond to that? 

Two years later, Upton tells V Magazine (via E!) that, despite her immense success over the last few years, Neophitou's comments cut deep.

"I had just gotten my (first) cover of Sports Illustrated [when I heard the diss]" she says. "I wasn't used to that kind of media swirl. I had never met [Neophitou], so it really came out of nowhere." Upton continues that the experience was an "introduction to being in the spotlight and having people you've never met have an opinion of you."