Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

1 minute ago, gotportugal said:

VS is getting old and tired, if they don't find new leadership and objective in the marketing/PR/whatever Ed does, then they are good as 2nd to Walmart/Amazon/whatever

Definitely. Everything feels kind of stale with them now. They're resting on their laurels and the name they built for themselves 10-15 years ago and haven't done much to refresh things in terms of creativity. If anything, that's declined. 

It seems like they are trying to play catch up and follow the trends instead of creating new ones. Plus how many bras can 1 person buy? I haven't bought anything VS in over 2-3 years since I've pretty much aged out of their core demographic. As @toodarnhot said nothing is overly exciting or eye catching anymore.

Nope, pretty girls, decent models, but lacking it and the only way they're going to get it is if VS picks them up, or they land the SI cover which may only get them minor recognition (see Hailey Clauson, Erin Heatherton, Lindsay E affect) or the off chance they nail a huge contract and even then it's going to take their agencies awhile to push them (See Emily Didonato). There is no hype surrounding these models, and when they're just starting out their is usually a hint of something to come, it's almost a tangible feeling if you know what to look for.
First time Adriana graced the VS runway and turned you felt it, the first time Candice walked out in that blue little ski bunny outfit it was felt in the gut, the first time Ale showed up in PINK, first time Sara and Taylor came onto the scene as teens they just had it (at least to a varying degree. Agency has to do it's part too)... First time Irina graced the SI magazine my gut agreed, first time I saw Miranda at 13 she had a sparkle in her eyes, a smile that you KNEW was going to take her places and it did. The first time Gisele and Naomi walked you could sense it.
There is a huge difference between a model being pretty and decent at what she does, and it factor that parlays them to stardom. Maybe a lot of people don't see it, but I've been here 13+ years and have paid attention to career trajectory's whether that be in the High Fashion world, or Commercial, its always the same.. it's in the gut, you either get it, or you don't.

Either way I hope Abby and Hanna can prove me wrong and become huge..

1 hour ago, Prettyphile said:

, but I've been here 13+ years and have paid attention to career trajectory's whether that be in the High Fashion world, or Commercial, its always the same.. it's in the gut, you either get it, or you don't.

While I'm not in the fashion industry, I can say that I recall that when the "Ford Models Supermodel of the Year" aired on TV, in the first six years I successfully picked the winner three times right off the "Introduction" segment:

1981:  Annette Stai

1982:  Renee Simonsen

1986:  Monika Schnarre

Their beauty and "It" factor just jumped right off the screen at me.

I've honestly come to a point where I don't even care about the models, i like their bralettes and bras, VS stuff fits me and saves me time from trying shit on, I'll still shop there because I am a lazy human with no desire of finding another brand, but I just really really, strongly need them to stop the whole "wear your underwear out" bullshit concept. I can't show up to work or school wearing a lace bralette/bodysuit showing under my clothes, it's cute as fuck but it's just not practical, therefore I ain't spending my money on it.

I don't care if it's Adriana, Candice, Elsa, Jasmine or a goddamn monkey modelling it, i just need them to go back to making practical, wearable, simple underwear, honestly, what woman would actually leave her house on a daily basis wearing jeans and a bralette? O.o . Also yes, stop raising your prices VS, not cool. 

18 minutes ago, VSMiranda87 said:

Did you guys see Jasmine at Cannes Film Festival? She looked insanely gorgeous. Regal! That's how you do a red carpet! Classic. What a beauty!!!!! It won't let me post her Instagram photos from the carpet here can someone grab them??

Agreed, completely flawless. This is how to wear classic. Clean lines, simple colors, understated jewelry that lets her entire look speak for itself.

5 hours ago, elfstone said:

The it factor is pretty strong imo :/

There's a difference between a model "wearing" whatever they got told to and a model "WEARING" what they were told to.

Tyra wore the fuck out of her outfits, other models that were mentioned before. The skeletons and other women VS have for the most part just "wear" everything, there's no emotion to it no feel no nothing, I'll even concur the nice thing about my 2nd least favourite model (Candice) is she has a presence when she gets a photo taken you see an energy an aura, even if it is nauseating. Other's like flatfish are just kinda there, get my paycheck get the hell out of there make silly comments on instagram because I'm a public figure yadda yadda yadda, no feel no nothing. 

It's why I'll repeat forever, get the VS amateur female line girls/women who would be genuinely enthralled to get their photo taken by THE Victoria Secrets company, shake some of the skeleton's hand bones and have a good day shooting. It would look a lot more personable for a company that has declining sales and it would be pretty easy to do IMO even if they don't get a big payout or anything, maybe some free clothing and their name out there probably good enough for most. Of course the old hags at VS who try to sit on their job would hate it but so what, maybe get some fucking emotion and caring back into the company, who knows you might find a couple of the amateur girls that are really good get good public appeal and bring em along for the ride

I actually thought Jasmine looked too old/mature, she was nice but it could be her mom as well with the same dress, hair and make up.

Now that the Cannes festival is over, I think the models who stood up the most were Sara, Kendall and Bella. IMO Sara was the best, she risked and used very different stuff, hair and make up always different and always on point. Also, she knows how to slay a red carpet without forcing it too much or trying to be ultra sexy. 

8 hours ago, Limerlight said:

There's a difference between a model "wearing" whatever they got told to and a model "WEARING" what they were told to.

Tyra wore the fuck out of her outfits, other models that were mentioned before. The skeletons and other women VS have for the most part just "wear" everything, there's no emotion to it no feel no nothing, I'll even concur the nice thing about my 2nd least favourite model (Candice) is she has a presence when she gets a photo taken you see an energy an aura, even if it is nauseating. Other's like flatfish are just kinda there, get my paycheck get the hell out of there make silly comments on instagram because I'm a public figure yadda yadda yadda, no feel no nothing. 

It's why I'll repeat forever, get the VS amateur female line girls/women who would be genuinely enthralled to get their photo taken by THE Victoria Secrets company, shake some of the skeleton's hand bones and have a good day shooting. It would look a lot more personable for a company that has declining sales and it would be pretty easy to do IMO even if they don't get a big payout or anything, maybe some free clothing and their name out there probably good enough for most. Of course the old hags at VS who try to sit on their job would hate it but so what, maybe get some fucking emotion and caring back into the company, who knows you might find a couple of the amateur girls that are really good get good public appeal and bring em along for the ride

Everytime you call her flatfish I laughing and then I feel bad about it.:rofl:

22 hours ago, gotportugal said:

VS is getting old and tired, if they don't find new leadership and objective in the marketing/PR/whatever Ed does, then they are good as 2nd to Walmart/Amazon/whatever

I agree. VS is def not what it used to be, its to the point where I am no longer offended by the lack of usage of my fav models.I don't care about how much they mean to VS anymore or anything. Even though I still find it stupid when they resist to use their biggest cash cows that would help their brand.

Its crazy thinking about where the brand was about 10 years ago compared to now. I mean, society isn't even doing that well, girls out here are getting soo much for being IG models (big money, their own tv shows, etc) and VS still isn't managing to do well in an industry. Even though we are in a generation that is already fucked anyway. You'd think with this generation they would have better influence, its clearly easier lol.

i honestly think that Behati has zero IT FACTOR ... she was just lucky that VS people love her and we had to saw her grow so much from PINK  to mainline. even worst  example was Rachel hilbert lol ....i think if  they give an opportunity to Hanna Edwinson  or Lini Kennedy can blow minds tbfh.

15 hours ago, medicenevs said:

Everytime you call her flatfish I laughing and then I feel bad about it.:rofl:

Shocking footage of VS Model Elsa Hosk looking for a new way to hide from the press while at a sandy beach