Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

1 minute ago, toodarnhot said:

Which accounts? Any idea where Jerome supposedly confirmed it? 

I love Sui so I hope it's true and I'd be so happy for her if it is. 

The account is @/suiheangel, supposedly they talked to Jerome so probably in DMs? Victoriasecret.esp asked that person and posted the screenshots in their IG stories... I can post the screenshots in a minute. 

I'm also a little surprised they went with Ming over Sui, for the reasons you mentioned Pink, and also because they've used Ming before for shoots and they've never used Sui outside of the show as far as I can remember. 

My guess is that they went with Sui based on her presence in China? I know she did some TV work over there and was branching outside of modelling. She's also ahead of Ming in followers, although not by a huge amount. 

And yes, please post the screencaps! The IG fan accounts have a tendency to misconstrue things and post things as facts when nothing has been confirmed. :ninja: 

Wishful thinking but what if they signed both Ming & Sui!!! :Angel::p They would probably need to let go of a few Angels  like Martha. She doesn't seem to be very well-received...on BZ at least :ninja:

I think Sui is overall a better model but Ming is a better fit for VS :smile: And yes, Sui does seem to be more popular in China and HK than Ming. Her look also has more appeal to the [Northern] Asian market :hehe: 

8 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

Wishful thinking but what if they signed both Ming & Sui!!! :p They would probably need to let go of a few Angels  like Martha. She doesn't seem to be very well-received...on BZ at least :ninja:

I think Sui is overall a better model but Ming is a better fit for VS :smile: And yes, Sui does seem to be more popular in China and HK than Ming :hehe: 

Don't tease me like that. :cry: That would be a dream. 

Even if Sui has signed, I just find it very unlikely that Jerome would be so loose lipped about it with a fan account on IG. :idk: 

6 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

I'm also a little surprised they went with Ming over Sui, for the reasons you mentioned Pink, and also because they've used Ming before for shoots and they've never used Sui outside of the show as far as I can remember. 

My guess is that they went with Sui based on her presence in China? I know she did some TV work over there and was branching outside of modelling. She's also ahead of Ming in followers, although not by a huge amount. 

And yes, please post the screencaps! The IG fan accounts have a tendency to misconstrue things and post things as facts when nothing has been confirmed. :ninja: 

Personally I find Sui a better choice than Ming, mostly because she seems a bit more mature than her... I messaged that account for confirmation as well, we'll see if she replies. 

14085879_764449550382628_4295110692073111552_n.jpg 15024910_1739467799696752_2346389364503740416_n.jpg

6 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

Personally I find Sui a better choice than Ming, mostly because she seems a bit more mature than her... I messaged that account for confirmation as well, we'll see if she replies. 

Based on the VSFS, I would want Ming Xi to become an Angel out of the four (?) Asian models. I rooted for Xiao Wen Ju to be cast in the show and she did make it in the PINK section. Yet I think that Ming Xi has a more typical VS bombshell look whereas Xiao Wen Ju was more the cute type. The other two models (Sui He and Liu Wen) had a more mature classic look, which to me wasn’t quite in line with the VS brand.

The group pictures of Ming Xi, Sui He, Josephine, and Alessandra looked great so it would be fun to have an Asian Angel, someone with a completely different look when there are so many blonde white models in the line-up.

If the show is in China this year they probably would need more than one Chinese Angel/model to promote the show and do interviews with the Chinese media.

Xiao Wen Ju had potential but was a disappointment at last year's show. Liu Wen is too big of name for VS. There is no way she would agree to become an Angel b/c of the restrictions and the little they would pay her. 

Now that I think more about it, Sui is the better choice bc she does have the look and  appeal the Asian Market VS is targeting (China, HK, Macau, Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea, etc.)

13 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

If the show is in China this year they probably would need more than one Chinese Angel/model to promote the show and do interviews with the Chinese media.

Xiao Wen Ju had potential but was a disappointment at last year's show. Liu Wen is too big of name for VS. There is no way she would agree to become an Angel b/c of the restrictions and the little they would pay her. 

Now that I think more about it, Sui is the better choice bc she does have the look and  appeal the Asian Market VS is targeting (China, HK, Macau, Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea, etc.)

Could you characterize why Sui He might be more appealing to the Asian market than Ming Xi? Or is more appealing since she is apparently more successful out of the two.

Maybe VS should hire both, Sui He for the Asian market and Ming Xi for North America?

16 minutes ago, Sanni said:

Could you characterize why Sui He might be more appealing to the Asian market than Ming Xi? Or is more appealing since she is apparently more successful out of the two.

Maybe VS should hire both, Sui He for the Asian market and Ming Xi for North America?

It is mainly from viewing various Asian media, being around Asians and growing up in that part of the world :smile: Out of all the top Asian models she seems closest in appealing to the target market. Of course there are other better choices that are not well-known internationally and strictly work in Asia.

2 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

It is mainly from viewing various Asian media, being around Asians and growing up in that part of the world :smile: Out of all the top Asian models she seems closest in appealing to the target market. Of course there are other better choices that are not well-known internationally and strictly work in Asia.

But what are some of her attributes that make her more appealing to the Asian market than someone like Ming Xi (in terms of looks, personality etc.)? :smile:

26 minutes ago, Sanni said:

But what are some of her attributes that make her more appealing to the Asian market than someone like Ming Xi (in terms of looks, personality etc.)? :smile:

First of all I want to reiterate beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it is subjective. I don't want to come off as everyone in China or Northern Asia agrees on this standard of beauty. It seems like the Asian market esp. in China, South Korea, Singapore, etc., consider women with oval-shaped faces, defined chins, small but high-bridged noses, light porcelain flawless skin, full lips, and large double-lid eyes, to be beautiful. It is very different than the West's standard of beauty. Which is why many of the top Asian models don't do as well in Asia as they do in the West, and vice versa.

8 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

First of all I want to reiterate beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it is subjective. I don't want to come off as everyone in China or Northern Asia agrees on this standard of beauty. It seems like the Asian market esp. in China, South Korea, Singapore, etc., consider women with oval-shaped faces, defined chins, small but high-bridged noses, light porcelain flawless skin, full lips, and large double-lid eyes, to be beautiful. It is very different than the West's standard of beauty. Which is why many of the top Asian models don't do as well in Asia as they do in the West, and vice versa.

Hahaa, now I would need side-to-side comparison pics of the two to see all the subtle differences when judged against this beauty standard. :D To me, Sui He's skin is so white that it's a bit freaky but it just goes to show that what is considered desirable varies across the world to a certain degree. :smile: