Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

8 hours ago, toodarnhot said:

^ Size options are a huge issue too. Even taking away the plus size market, they don't carry a half decent variety. They don't have a lot of options in band sizes and cup variety. I have plenty of friends who want to buy their stuff but can't because it's just not available. 

Yeah, the larger sizes are mostly neutrals and maybe 3-4 styles. Reminds me of the Abercrombie & Fitch CEO or w/e it was saying his clothes were for skinny people only. That's basically how they feel, they just won't say it. 

Maybe that's a part of VS's efforts to promote healthy living. They don't sell to overweight people, said people become desperate for VS products, train hard and become as slender as the Angels. Because as we all know, that's something anyone can do, right? No one will simply buy from another store. I can't believe that this genius strategy is not working.?

@*Luna* Just to end it, if you wish to continue with the dialogue you can send me a PM otherwise I'd ask that you refrain from keeping it in the thread please and thank you :Dinah:

I said my bits publicly you said yours, now more of a private thing.

-----------------

I remember one of the young ladies I used to wish to devour she went to the local VS store where I used to live the one time, she just could never find anything that fit right :idk: But La Senza did and let me tell you it was a nice bra :angie:

Not sure why you're asking me to keep it out of this thread @Limerlight I don't think I'm really interested to continue a conversation that eventually will have the same outcome over and over again. This is not the first time I've read some really disturbing and frankly, very offensive things on here but no one seems to really say anything about that or ask people to refrain from doing so as it can definitely be hurtful to a lot of people, yet I should just be quiet and keep it out of this thread because why exactly?

The only reason I can think of is I don't exactly sugarcoat my opinion and I don't tend to agree with whatever is said and I'm assuming that rubs certain people the wrong way.

Clearly it worked so well for Abercrombie & Fitch/Hollister! (Though I hear outside of US they fair pretty well). VS thinks the social media models will bring money, but as music and movie sales can show, stars like that simply bring follows, and maybe streams. Sales and tours on the other hand? If VS can't figure out how to change it, I'd start pulling more stocks. They'll be shutting down stores soon enough. But before that happens, I see an overhaul in top positions, bringing in all new people to revamp the brand. 

At least there's never going to be a shortage of Midwestern moms and daughters buying matching Pink outfits for Mom's Day for sororities. 

12 hours ago, *Luna* said:

Reality? Reality is that all those things that Limerlight mentioned are things Martha can't change about herself. That's the reality here.

Apparently to some of you here all those things are reasons to be against her or want to start bashing her, and that is what blows my mind. There is nothing funny about being against someone JUST because they look a certain way. No one says you have to like the way she looks because clearly everyone has a different idea of what is attractive and what isn't, but as far as I'm concerned, there is no need to be against someone just because they're blonde or because she doesn't have a big ass. The way some of you talk about her makes it sound like she is some horrible person doing the most outrageous things and if that were the case then I'd understand why you'd be against her personality wise, but that is not the case. If you don't like her then fine, but there is no need to act like this or to bash someone. 

She can do squats. I hear it worked very well for the Kardashians.

On 2/23/2017 at 11:18 PM, *Luna* said:

I've lost count on how many times people seem to not believe that naturally skinny people excist. 

When apparently being a "real woman" is now ingrained and publicized by the media as weighing more, you can see why naturally skinny people can freak some people out. 

But while we're on the topic of thinness, I'm sure the starving people over at Skinny Gossip would love Martha's skinniness, unless she's "gone to waste", like they say apparently every model who accepted a VS contract did.. 

5 hours ago, Annabeth said:

When apparently being a "real woman" is now ingrained and publicized by the media as weighing more, you can see why naturally skinny people can freak some people out. 

But while we're on the topic of thinness, I'm sure the starving people over at Skinny Gossip would love Martha's skinniness, unless she's "gone to waste", like they say apparently every model who accepted a VS contract did.. 

Any woman is a real woman. But it seems some on here find it okay to be bashing skinny people for who knows what reason without actually realizing how hurtful their comments are towards naturally skinny people. Apparently it's become normal and considered okay to put skinny women down and to act like they're some kind of weird alien that doesn't belong here? It's getting really old and I find it just plain wrong and very disturbing how no one has said anything about it or told some of those people to tone it down a notch.

Okay, first off all, there's no such thing as naturally skinny. Some people may be more active and stuff thus gain less weight but that only matters marginally.

Second, Martha is a model. She gets paid based on how she looks, she does numerous videos each year about how she works for that body, so it is definitely fair to criticize her on that, just like it is fair to criticize Megan Fox on her acting.

Limerlight likes girls who are a bit more shapely than she is, big deal! That's his taste. Unless you wanna get in his pants, you can stay as "naturally skinny" as you want, it shouldn't matter to either one of you.

to be fair, I believe most people on here are usually calling out girls that they think are unhealthily skinny, atleast that's what I see. I agree that it's not okay to skinny shame but when users are actively calling out models where you can literally see their bones where you shouldn't be I think that's a good thing... because there could be users or lurkers who think it's completely normal and wouldn't have given it a second thought. as long as it's not rude or anything I think it's important to make sure everyone is aware that not all models are necessarily healthy

38 minutes ago, Siemgi said:

Okay, first off all, there's no such thing as naturally skinny. Some people may be more active and stuff thus gain less weight but that only matters marginally.

Second, Martha is a model. She gets paid based on how she looks, she does numerous videos each year about how she works for that body, so it is definitely fair to criticize her on that, just like it is fair to criticize Megan Fox on her acting.

Limerlight likes girls who are a bit more shapely than she is, big deal! That's his taste. Unless you wanna get in his pants, you can stay as "naturally skinny" as you want, it shouldn't matter to either one of you.

There is actually such a thing as naturally skinny. So according to you all skinny people aren't naturally skinny? Wow, special way of thinking. 

I don't need an explanation on how Martha is a model and that she is paid based on how she looks, that's not the point here. I asked what some here have against Martha, and Limerlight listed "skinny, blonde, no sex appeal (to him), no ass (strange because I'm pretty sure all humans have one... )". Having something against a person because they are skinny is just not okay, that's not a legit reason to actually be against someone. Then he asked if those are enough reasons for me, and that he'd start bashing but that's only allowed in sports...? What makes it okay to start bashing someone based on the way they look?

That is what bothers me about his comment. He can like any type of girl he wants, that's not what bothers me about his comment and ya'll know it.

The problem to me is that some people have such a weird idea of how people are supposed to look and if you don't look like that specific type then something must be wrong with you or you must be on some crazy diet. Sorry to burst anyones bubble, but some people really don't need any kind of crazy diet to maintain a healthy and slim/skinny/whatever you want to call it body. DNA plays a huge role too, I guess that's something a lot of people forget as well. Some of those naturally skinny people do try to gain more weight but when your body doesn't want to or just can't because of your DNA and bone structure, it's just not going to happen. 

17 minutes ago, *Luna* said:

Sorry to burst anyones bubble, but some people really don't need any kind of crazy diet to maintain a healthy and slim/skinny/whatever you want to call it body. DNA plays a huge role too, I guess that's something a lot of people forget as well. Some of those naturally skinny people do try to gain more weight but when your body doesn't want to or just can't because of your DNA

Sorry to burst your bubble but you're confusing DNA with metabolism.

Now let the spiel go on :Dinah:

14 minutes ago, elfstone said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but you're confusing DNA with metabolism.

Now let the spiel go on :Dinah:

Lol, sorry to burst your bubble (again), but your DNA actually does play a role. Maybe read this http://www.nbcnews.com/id/20535978/ns/health-diet_and_nutrition/t/scientists-discover-skinny-gene/ , since I'm sure you won't believe anything I say, as I've noticed before you just love to pick on anything I ever say on here. 

37 minutes ago, *Luna* said:

There is actually such a thing as naturally skinny. So according to you all skinny people aren't naturally skinny? Wow, special way of thinking. 

I don't need an explanation on how Martha is a model and that she is paid based on how she looks, that's not the point here. I asked what some here have against Martha, and Limerlight listed "skinny, blonde, no sex appeal (to him), no ass (strange because I'm pretty sure all humans have one... )". Having something against a person because they are skinny is just not okay, that's not a legit reason to actually be against someone. Then he asked if those are enough reasons for me, and that he'd start bashing but that's only allowed in sports...? What makes it okay to start bashing someone based on the way they look?

That is what bothers me about his comment. He can like any type of girl he wants, that's not what bothers me about his comment and ya'll know it.

The problem to me is that some people have such a weird idea of how people are supposed to look and if you don't look like that specific type then something must be wrong with you or you must be on some crazy diet. Sorry to burst anyones bubble, but some people really don't need any kind of crazy diet to maintain a healthy and slim/skinny/whatever you want to call it body. DNA plays a huge role too, I guess that's something a lot of people forget as well. Some of those naturally skinny people do try to gain more weight but when your body doesn't want to or just can't because of your DNA and bone structure, it's just not going to happen. 

(For the record my BMI has never been over 20 and my collar bone and ribs are quite visible)

Your DNA interacts with your environment, ya know? Saying you are naturally skinny implies you can't be fat. Which you can, if you become less active and eat more. Unless you have hyperthyroidism or Cushing's syndrom and the like, your  weight is more dependant on physical activity and iet than it is on DNA or whatever else you come up with. Case in point VS models repeat over and over how hard they work for that body. Is it "natural" to work out like an athlete every day of the year?

And once again you are on a forum about modeling. You asked what people have against a certain model. They gave you their reasons for not liking her. If you want people to stop talking about looks, go elsewhere. Looks are the very effing basis of this industry, even more so when one is modeling underwear and marketing fantasy. Martha gets paid millions for basically looking pretty, I get paid much less for the work I do. I guess if people want to criticize her for not doing her job right, that's fair. If she can't take it, she can go work in another field.

6 minutes ago, Siemgi said:

(For the record my BMI has never been over 20 and my collar bone and ribs are quite visible)

Your DNA interacts with your environment, ya know? Saying you are naturally skinny implies you can't be fat. Which you can, if you become less active and eat more. Unless you have hyperthyroidism or Cushing's syndrom and the like, your  weight is more dependant on physical activity and iet than it is on DNA or whatever else you come up with. Case in point VS models repeat over and over how hard they work for that body. Is it "natural" to work out like an athlete every day of the year?

And once again you are on a forum about modeling. You asked what people have against a certain model. They gave you their reasons for not liking her. If you want people to stop talking about looks, go elsewhere. Looks are the very effing basis of this industry, even more so when one is modeling underwear and marketing fantasy. Martha gets paid millions for basically looking pretty, I get paid much less for the work I do. I guess if people want to criticize her for not doing her job right, that's fair. If she can't take it, she can go work in another field.

Some of my friends are definitely not the most active people and they eat a lot, but they're far from fat, and as far as we know, none of us are sick or have some kind of disease. 

Again, my problem is not with the fact that some don't like Martha for her looks. I never said they have to like her, but bashing her because she looks a certain way (aka skinnier than most and that seems to be the huge taboo here) is taking it way too far and frankly, has nothing to do with modeling anymore. And what does her being blonde and not having sex appeal in his eyes have to do with her "not doing her job right"? I guess all those fans of hers are just following her work for fun and not because they think she actually is a good model? 

3 hours ago, *Luna* said:

Lol, sorry to burst your bubble (again), but your DNA actually does play a role. Maybe read this http://www.nbcnews.com/id/20535978/ns/health-diet_and_nutrition/t/scientists-discover-skinny-gene/ , since I'm sure you won't believe anything I say, as I've noticed before you just love to pick on anything I ever say on here. 

It doent say that anywhere.  Lol do you ever bother reading  shit before posting? :rofl:

In the article theres just a bunch of excited doctors speculating about the possibility of a  medical study. A study which according to them would be performed AT A FUTURE DATE to examine the effects of a particular gene. There is no mention of any finding as to how that gene effects human body, just confirmation of its presence.

Secondly,  if you imagine people 'picking' on you, I would strongly suggest you reconsider flooding the topic with unnecessarily long comments repeating the same thing over and over.

I cant fault other members for not having much love for  Martha as she is rn. I do however find it creepy when  someone OTOH claims  Martha suffers from some genetic condition/syndrome, while at the same time shames others for their legitimate and seemingly benign criticism of Martha. That level of baseless speculation is not just irresponsible. Its trolling!

Ok someone doesn't like martha, someone doesn't like romme, taylor.... and everyone has a reason or more for that. Noone started calling her "things" the user just said things that he doesn't like about her. His opinion/preferences. If someone else doesn't agree it's ok if someone agrees it's also ok. There's no reaason to argue about what someone else prefers :surrender:

2 hours ago, *Luna* said:

Some of my friends are definitely not the most active people and they eat a lot, but they're far from fat, and as far as we know, none of us are sick or have some kind of disease. 

Again, my problem is not with the fact that some don't like Martha for her looks. I never said they have to like her, but bashing her because she looks a certain way (aka skinnier than most and that seems to be the huge taboo here) is taking it way too far and frankly, has nothing to do with modeling anymore. And what does her being blonde and not having sex appeal in his eyes have to do with her "not doing her job right"? I guess all those fans of hers are just following her work for fun and not because they think she actually is a good model? 

Cause she models lingerie not couture. You do know you're in the VS thread right? Lingerie models are supposed to sell a fantasy.

1 hour ago, Limerlight said:

@Siemgi Wanna share a beer one day

I don't think we live close enough.:cry2: