Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

None of the pictures they chose are particularly flattering. There were way better taken. 

In in regards to the restructuring article, it says they are cutting some merchandise categories again. Anyone have guessed as to what? I've always figured the sport line.

Some hot news on VS.  WSJ ran an article about L Brands, Also Erin Heatherton did an expose about her being fired for being 'too fat'.  IMHO she looked her absolute best right after her firing.  Now she's not trim enough.

The company is splitting PINK, Beauty, and Lingerie into 3 separate units.  This could mean that down the line, the units could even be spun off by L Brands and become their own stocks/companies.  VS just fired 300 staffers in their HQs and they are also eliminating a lot of product line and focusing on their most profitable goods.

This means that down the line there could be a new group of "PINK" contact models.  Maybe Beauty will get some contract models as well.

The Erin story is totally believable to me. She may even burn some bridges too, which is a risk one takes with making statements like that.

But look at the facts. Erin was EVERYWHERE (along with Candice) circa 2011/2012, and then just dropped. She was at her thinnest when working with VS, and as soon as she started to noticeably gain weight, her relationship with VS was awkward (barely using her, uncertainty regarding her walking in 2013) and eventually terminated. She never looked happy in pap pictures of her at VS events toward the end of her contract.

For any of you that have been following Erin's career, you know that she is not naturally very skinny. Her high school pics all show her being a relatively normal weight, and then she slimmed down significantly for high fashion, which then turned into VS. Her siblings/parents are all of a much bigger build too, leading me to believe that her skinniness was not attained by healthy means. Heck, she even got a nose job as a teenager (evident if you look at her old pics circa 2007), so something like an eating disorder to please a single, million dollar client, isn't too far fetched.

I really believe that her leave was mutual. I think Erin hit her breaking point and was simply not being able to handle the pressure to be extremely skinny that VS (explicitly or passively) may have put on her, as well as the company itself being displeased with her "new" look and work ethic. It was probably best for both of them to terminate the contract, and I'm sure we will never know who initiated it. It's clear from the article that what Erin was doing was not healthy to her mental nor physical health.

It's very obvious that VS likes their girls to look a certain way...just look at their "Newest Angels." While they all look very different, it's hard to argue that they aren't all absurdly skinny. Romee/Stella/Vita especially.

1 hour ago, gab6565 said:

1 hour ago, gab6565 said:

The Erin story is totally believable to me. She may even burn some bridges too, which is a risk one takes with making statements like that.

But look at the facts. Erin was EVERYWHERE (along with Candice) circa 2011/2012, and then just dropped. She was at her thinnest when working with VS, and as soon as she started to noticeably gain weight, her relationship with VS was awkward (barely using her, uncertainty regarding her walking in 2013) and eventually terminated. She never looked happy in pap pictures of her at VS events toward the end of her contract.

For any of you that have been following Erin's career, you know that she is not naturally very skinny. Her high school pics all show her being a relatively normal weight, and then she slimmed down significantly for high fashion, which then turned into VS. Her siblings/parents are all of a much bigger build too, leading me to believe that her skinniness was not attained by healthy means. Heck, she even got a nose job as a teenager (evident if you look at her old pics circa 2007), so something like an eating disorder to please a single, million dollar client, isn't too far fetched.

I really believe that her leave was mutual. I think Erin hit her breaking point and was simply not being able to handle the pressure to be extremely skinny that VS (explicitly or passively) may have put on her, as well as the company itself being displeased with her "new" look and work ethic. It was probably best for both of them to terminate the contract, and I'm sure we will never know who initiated it. It's clear from the article that what Erin was doing was not healthy to her mental nor physical health.

It's very obvious that VS likes their girls to look a certain way...just look at their "Newest Angels." While they all look very different, it's hard to argue that they aren't all absurdly skinny. Romee/Stella/Vita especially.

I agree with what you said! Sucks though cuz Erin seems such a sweet girl and I really liked her as an angel but I'm glad she's happier and healthier!

5 minutes ago, ceceshores said:

Has anyone said it's for VS anywhere (I don't follow Martha on Snapchat)? It's the same team that shot Bella Hadid yesterday with Russell for some "personal project" he's doing.

Ed is there, and they are dressed in lingerie.

4 minutes ago, ceceshores said:

Has anyone said it's for VS anywhere (I don't follow Martha on Snapchat)? It's the same team that shot Bella Hadid yesterday with Russell for some "personal project" he's doing.

Bella's project was different. Martha tagged VS on instagram, and Ed is there- you can see him  in the snapchats. 

I think Devon is done with Pink- I don't think she's shot since their spring break shoot(she did the recent spring break event though) , but they also haven't transitioned her to mainline which I find odd. :idk: She seemed to have been a favourite of theirs. 

Yeah, I'm sure it's a commercial if Ed's there, and they have 4 girls shooting at once. 

12 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

I think Devon is done with Pink- I don't think she's shot since their spring break shoot(she did the recent spring break event though) , but they also haven't transitioned her to mainline which I find odd. :idk: She seemed to have been a favourite of theirs. 

maybe VS finally realized that Devon its NOT for VS?