Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

At the end of the day Lais has worked so long with the company and this is her first year as an angel. She didn't get much promotion then and she isn't now. It's not that much of a change. I mean end of the day these girls are angels. Still lucky enough to get that title. VS focusing promotion on certain girls is still the same as before. And let's face it Taylor has the most potential out of the bunch. Her youth helps because they can groom her in the long run compared to someone like Jasmine, Lais, Martha etc and Taylor has that same appeal that girls like Gisele, Adriana, Alessandra, Miranda, Candice etc all have. I don't know why people are surprised or annoyed that Taylor is getting attention. And she's American which is an even bigger win for VS. They haven't had as much luck grooming an American girl really since Tyra. They've had a whole bunch of American girls who never last long. Lily's the only one who has done well enough to make it longer.

Chanel, Erin, Marisa, Lindsay, Karlie didn't make it very long.

agree with kevork89.I can see Taylor will work for VS next decade.She is youngest and American.She doesn' have American blonde bombshell look like Rachel or Gigi.Does anyone know her heritage?She has  Mediterranean look.When I saw her in D&G show.I thought she is Italian .

I don't know about you, but I think that Taylor is an amazing spokemodel. She's really fun and wellspoken which is not that easy in a model, tbh.

Also, I don't know if any of yiu have noticed, but they put Gigi amongs the angels in the preview pics of the segments in the main fashion show page of their website :rofl::rofl:https://www.victoriassecret.com/fashion-show

I feel like these interviews or whatever always go better when it's a woman interviewing them, they're always less awkward. That Huffpost one was so chill and in a friendly atmosphere, complete opposite of this one.

14 hours ago, Marciotmello said:

VS is so damn ridiculous... I mean, they're pushing up Taylor so much! Man, look at the Angels...we still have Lais with only almost 600k followers on Instagram; the girl is awesome, she rocks every single shoot for VS and had become a REALLY good spokesmodel! (watch Lais and Martha on Huffington Post: http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/segment/victorias-secret-angels-lais-ribeiro-martha-hunt-interview/558da43cfe34444c00000540 ) Same with Jac, almost 500k on IG and she's promoting nothing! I'm not gonna say nothing about Sara cause she's everywhere in their IG. 

Okay, they got a point: they're leting the most popular angels do the promo for the Fashion show but damn it: Taylor again? These girls (Taylor, Sara, Martha, Elsa) already have their million followers, can you VS -PLEASE- let the others have a chance to show themselfs to the world???? Damn, this makes me sooooo angry :ninjaknives:

I dont know, they could pair some angels like Adriana and Lais since they're brazilians, Candice and Jac, Candice and Lais, Elsa and Alessandra, Alessandra and Lais BUT NO---- everything is about Taylor! for christ's sake, if they're going to make only her talk, do the promos, get to be known as "a VS Angel" and everything WHY -WHY- did they add the other girls to the lineup???? I wanna slap Ed Razek on the face uuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhh 

I get your point but Lais, Jac... can't rely exclusively on VS to grow their followers.  I mean, Sara already got 1M before even being named an angel and she doubled since then. Not to mention she has 400k on twitter which Is more than all the other new angels together. 

They obviously see the most potential in Taylor because as said above, she's the youngest and American. So It's not surprising how much they're pushing her. And I personally think they're pushing Elsa much more than Sara. Most of Sara pictures they post on IG are when she's with Taylor and they didn't used her for any promo instead of Elsa and Martha or Taylor (multiple times). So yeah, Taylor and Elsa are the girls they're pushing the most IMO.

2 hours ago, toodarnhot said:

Colbert was not a good choice of program to use to promote the show. :ninja: 

Have you seen his ratings!? It is totally ideal show to promote the show! I think the issue was the lack of planning by VS' PR team. It was obvious they decided to put them on Colbert the very last minute :/

I'm not talking about the popularity of the show- I'm talking about the tone of the show. It was not a good fit branding wise. I'm assuming they wanted to stick to a CBS show, and probably wanted to use the time slot that Colbert has, but imo tossing Bee on the Late Late Show with Corden would have been a much better fit. I just feel like Colbert wanted to make the girls look ridiculous, and it didn't play very well.