Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Karlie did replace Miranda's Angel spot. I think it's safe to say Elsa has replaced Lindsay's spot. So up for grabs is Karlie and Doutzen's spots. Based on the swim special it seems like those two spots can be for Jac and Jasmine but who knows. I think the girls with the most chances are Jasmine, Jac, Martha and Stella.

I kinda think it got old for everyone to say "She's not an Angel material" "She's bad choice" "They need models like ....." "She doesn't have personality" chat is literally same every day, you dislike that model, someone else adores her, doesn't mean she's bad, I think all models working with VS right now are pretty good, there's crapload people who dislike Adriana from the beginning but she still slays. I think models like Joan and Jourdan or any popular high fashion model especially that was around for some time will never become VS Angel, VS wants model who's priority will be VS and who will stop doing some jobs to do VS,those models are doing amazing without VS,they don't need it, with Karlie it didn't work and Doutzen went for other jobs and decided to ditch VS but if it happens its huge slap to all these non Angels they use all the time, I think we should get used to that VS is not what it used to be before and models are different. Lais has 0 personality but you all adore her from the start, but dislike Stella, I can't understand that... I think reason why some models are bad spokemodels is because if they are not famous there's rarely any opportunity they will have to talk for 5-10 mins straight, VS is brand where they will have to do PR all the time

none of those girl are the next angel. i would say Jac, Taylor, Sara, Romee, & Elsa has more potential to be the next angel.

who replace Miranda vacancy spot? was it Karlie.

gone angels are Doutzen, Erin, Lindsay, & Karlie.

The girls don't necessarily replace one another (Lindsay, Erin, Candice, Rosie, Chanel and Lily all arrived at the same time without any evident Angel to replace for instance) but they do fill similar marketing angles.

Doutzen and Karlie's contract end is very recent. I think Lindsay's contract ended over a year ago. There was just nothing ever said about it. She didn't work at all for VS last year except for the show. And of course Doutzen and Karlie are much bigger names so of course they get mentioned. None of those girls even work for VS really besides Lais and Jasmine. Sui doesn't even work for the company besides the show. Lui hasn't walked the show since 2012 so its obvious VS are done with her. Jourdan has done some catalog. But not enough. Irina and Robyn will never happen. Gigi is starting to do Pink now. So time will tell with her.

None of those choices are great. Jasmine and Lais are the only ones who will come close to getting a contract. VS have already set their sights on their next girls. It just depends on how they market and use them now. Jasmine, Lais, Martha, Stella, Jac, Romee, Kate, Sarah, Taylor. In that group there are some future Angels.

Lindsay still got a credit at last year's VSFS (although after Jasmine and Martha but before Elsa, Doutzen, Lais & Stella) so it was some kind of Gisele 2006/Karolina 2008 situation where her contract was ending but her spot at the VSFS was still secure.

And I agree, most of those choices are just not realistic. The girls you listed are the only contenders and Jasmine and Jac have the edge right now.

Am I the only one that doesn't think Martha is that boring? I thought she was ok. And same for Stella. They are decent. Not the best by far but they're ok. Not every girl has the same energy that other girls have. Joan for example had like 2 minutes of screen time but she was so great, relatable and personable. But is a lot more outgoing. I think the girls who have been working a lot longer have a different energy. Also it's annoying pairing anyone up with Candice because she always just talks over them. Even Adriana can't get a word in. In that yoga bit it was all her talking. Stella and Martha didn't stand a chance :rofl:

Overall I would give it a 6/10. It was a wasted opportunity to really highlight each girl. They honestly didn't need any performances. They could have shown us more footage of them actually shooting. Seems like there was little of that. I loved seeing Elsa in the cave, Adriana and Candice at the waterfell, Stella and Martha in the hut etc. That stuff was great. As a photographer I find all of that so interesting to see how the whole crew works together. I wished they focused more on that instead of doing segments like voleyball, making a smoothie or yoga. And more individual segments of girls talking. Jac, Elsa, Lily were great. They were the standouts. Jasmine at least got a solo segment because she featured very little. Maroon 5 really didn't need two performances. And I like Juanes' song so I didn't mind that performance. Because it at least fit with the vibe. Jac and Elsa again really stood out. Seems like they were the stars of the show to be honest.

Thanks Bryan for the upload. Hope to get a 720 or 1080 version soon :)

Oh and sidenote some of the music choices were great. The song Black Out Days by Phantogram that played during Elsa's segment is amazing. I've had that song for over a year. Glad to hear it in something. Also where are these amazing pictures they continue to ramble about? I want to see them.

when Candice was paired with Miranda, Candice was always the one who had no chance to say a word :D

I thought the Swim Special was pretty good. It was really nice to see and listen to new girls. I liked Jac and Elsa the most. Behati was fun to watch. And boring or not, I wish Martha and Stella would have been featured more (especially Stella). Also, Juanes had a nice performance. Overall, all the girls looked great... again, extra points for Jac :heart:  and Elsa :heart: .

Question: do you guys think Karlie won't walk the VSFS anymore?

She was an angel for such a short time, that part of me thinks she might because it's not like she was 'in too deep' with the brand the way Doutzen/Miranda were (both angels for 6 years?). Plus there wasn't any bad blood between her and VS.

Karlie is never walking the show again, she doesn't need it and VS does not like non-Angels takinf away the spotlight from the Angels so is just not happening. They love the press to be all over their money-makers, not all over women who could end up selling for their rivals, why do you think they didn't even call Cara last year?

I'm kind of glad Karloe gone, it means Taylor, Cara and everyone in that idiotic group is probably never getting anywhere near VS again :ninja: