Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Also I think the Tulum shoot that is currently happening could have a little of TV time because some of the people there are using #somethingbigiscoming too and they had Josephine, Lais, Vita & Kelly there.

Don't forget Jac, she was there too.

I think VS will hold on to Adriana and Alessandra until either girl decides to leave. I don't know if Alessandra is done with VS but I'm used to her not being used in much anyway. Probably just the big show at the end of the year. It seems that way with Adriana too. Karlie I am sure will at least stay out through her contract. I don't think she will be shafted just yet. Wait to see the SB commercial. But thy definitely are testing waters with the new girls. To me Stella has the best chance. She's come in very quick and so far a positive reaction to her.

Just Dri and Candice remain from the last SAS commercial. It does look like it could be a SAS commercial looking at the lingerie and background and they do need it badly.

And as far as losing four Angels in a year ...

Lindsay -> Filler, no one will even notice she's gone.

Karlie -> If she wasn't selling why keeping her? Waste of money. No VS Swim show and so far no SB and possibly no SAS commercial

Doutzen -> We all know it was her choice to leave, nothing VS can do about it.

Alessandra -> Has her own line and it's even competence for VS. She can't do Swim already, she now has clothing too so that's done and in the last two years how many times did she shoot for lingerie? Five?. She's never been in a SB commercial so I doubt it was her choice to miss this hype especially considering Alessandra seems to be one to love attention. I also have other reasons to think she could be gone. Alessandra is currently doing nothing in LA, is not like she was too busy to shoot for this today.

I've had this theory for a while but I actually never took the time to post it but IMO the Swim show it's less about promoting their Swim line and more about introducing us to their main new faces: Candice, Behati, Lily & Elsa and to taste the water for possible future Angels: Stella, Jac, Jasmine & Martha. Adriana while i adore her is 33 and she won't with VS forever so it's obvious VS is slowly fading her out to promote Candice just like they faded out Heidi to promote Adriana and in five years Candice will slowly fade to make room for a younger girl and it makes sense because no one will be around forever, my guess is Adriana has a deal with VS that requires less time and her work will be mostly for PR. Part of me feels like VS will hold to Adriana for as long as they can and part of me feels like there's actually a big chance that we won't even see Adriana (or Alessandra for that matter) walking this year. So IMO it's very possible VS did chop four girls this year and that mid-year we will see at least two or three new girls, this happened already in 2008 when they lost/fired Izabel, Karolina and Selita and in 2009 we were introduced to Rosie, Candice, Erin & Lindsay, I don't see why they wouldn't do something like that again.

Also I think the Tulum shoot that is currently happening could have a little of TV time because some of the people there are using #somethingbigiscoming too and they had Josephine, Lais, Vita & Kelly there.

It's the thing with VS. They started using "supermodels" in late 1991 (shoots)/early 1992 (print) and signed nearly all of them for 3-year runs, so every 3 years since then they are at risk of losing a huge chunk of their roster. It's happened at least in 2000, 2008 and now.

I just wonder if they will let their numbers drop down to like 4ish angels for a while and shop girls around, or if they will immediately sign another large bunch. I'm not super impressed with most of the girls they are trying out--they work really well as catalog regulars but I just don't see them catching on with the general public. But hey, Ed's been doing this for a long time, so he knows best.

I don't think VS cares anymore in name recognition and establishing supermodels. Their demographic has grown younger and they keep pushing for the relatable, girl next door look, which has worked successfully for them in this age of instagram/social media. What worked 10-15 years ago is not relevant anymore to them as they are a business after all. VS models used to be unique and had an out of this world beauty/look to them, but that was also a different time where internet was not as prevalent as it is now. With social media everyone wants to be more connected and hence I feel the relatable model sells. Does not really matter when Candice/Behati/Lily will be phased out as a younger version of them will probably be waiting in the wings.

^ Russell's photos are not stunning :ninja: and no, it wasn't shot by him. It was Guy Aroch, same guy who did Valentine's Day.

Lately VS has been working a lot with Guy, Matt Jones and David Bellemere, that's why the catalogs have been looking different and better in the past couple of months. Pink also switched photographer, they're not using Ben Watts that often anymore, they're using a Elliston Lutz lately.

Have the David Bellemere sessions come out yet? I've seen a lot of previews on his instagram, but nothing yet from the browser. (At least from the models I follow. I could have missed them.) 

Just looked again and I think I recognize some of his shots in Stella's thread. 

Ben Watts is moved to shooting mainline, although he still seems to only be doing the simple, white background shoots. 

That's why I'm not sure if it's Guy in Spring or David :pinch: Lingerie looks the same but they both have a similar style, but I think David's shoot wasn.'t too long ago so there's no way it's out already, unless I missed some pictures.

EDIT: Anyone knows if Valentine's Day ever had a Vol. II before? Michelle just posted one of the pictures from Russell's V-Day shoot with Candice so it means we may get the Lily, Martha, Behati &Elsa shots. I'm thinking a that since they are doing the SB commercial they may release more stuff after the 1st