Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Based on the 3-year-contract rule, Doutzens contract was up this year, but since she is still around and basically confirmed herself for the next VSFS, I think she signed again. Bet that girl waits for her big FB moment and leaves like a second after it :nicole: .

I think Candice will stay until 2016, but I don't think she will sign again, she reached everything an angel could reach and she definitely won't be doing VS until she's 30. Like you'll said, they will promote Elsa and Behati heavily next year. Don't know about Lily or Karlie, could think that those two will be dropped when their contract is up.

Adrianas and Alessandras status is probably the hardest to predict, nobody knows what exactly they signed or when they have to negotiate.

I think Behati and Elsa will be pushed a lot more than the rest of the girls. Mostly because they seem to be the ones with more contract time left.

I can see Doutzen leaving any moment tbh, we'll have to see how they handle her post-pregnancy. Adriana & Alessandra are clearly the new Heidi & Tyra and will stay as long as they want and VS will pay them to do the big PR. IMO, Candice peaked with VS already and I don't think she'll re-sign whenever her contract expires, same goes for Lily, I think once her contract expires she'll be gone. Karlie I say will be like Kk, became an Angel, had a fun three year run and then BYE, I don't see Karlie being with VS for too long because she obviously enjoys doing different things and I don't see her (or her agent for that matter) too thrilled with staying attached to VS for more than three years.

Also VS seems to be trying a lot of new girls lately, I wouldn't be surprised if they sign one or two more girls soon tbh.

I think Behati and Elsa will be pushed a lot more than the rest of the girls. Mostly because they seem to be the ones with more contract time left.

I can see Doutzen leaving any moment tbh, we'll have to see how they handle her post-pregnancy. Adriana & Alessandra are clearly the new Heidi & Tyra and will stay as long as they want and VS will pay them to do the big PR. IMO, Candice peaked with VS already and I don't think she'll re-sign whenever her contract expires, same goes for Lily, I think once her contract expires she'll be gone. Karlie I say will be like Kk, became an Angel, had a fun three year run and then BYE, I don't see Karlie being with VS for too long because she obviously enjoys doing different things and I don't see her (or her agent for that matter) too thrilled with staying attached to VS for more than three years.

Also VS seems to be trying a lot of new girls lately, I wouldn't be surprised if they sign one or two more girls soon tbh.

I agree with everything here. Especially about Doutzen. She's not loved enough by VS to be a staple the way Ale/Adriana is, but they like her enough to keep her around. She will probably pull a Miranda and leave randomly.

I think VS has finally reached a stable line-up of girls, where every girl has a clear purpose and stands out. In 2010, you could basically stick Lindsay, Erin, and Candice all together. There were just too many angels.

Lily's career will die without VS. It's pretty much the only reason why she's relevant. She doesn't have high fashion to fall back on, and I feel like commercial brands use her solely because of her VS popularity.

Totally agree about Karlie. She has way too many other projects going on to need to stay with VS much longer than her original contract.

Also, does anyone know the contract spans of the current angels (except for Adriana/Ale)? When are Behati and Candice due for renewal?

^Agree with this.

Also I kind of see a loss of interest these days towards VS, people seem to go more about SI now.

If Candice and the big ones are not here then it will be the end.

It's interesting to see how many pages Elsa Hosk is going to reach on Bellazon. I say no more than Palvin, Shayk or Agdal...

Also, does anyone know the contract spans of the current angels (except for Adriana/Ale)? When are Behati and Candice due for renewal?

I assume it's still 3 years, so Behati is due to renew next year, and Candice in 2016. 

Doutzen shouldn't be leaving anytime soon, VS would be assholes to just silently drop her after she had a baby, she's a major face for them in terms of VSX and she's the main model they used for the line. VS always tends to shove girls that just had kids right back into doing as much work as possible in the following months and I feel like she'll be no different, particularly since her body is on point and she's got a nice bunch of meat on her and isn't overly muscular like she was (We don't need her going down the Iza path), and that's going to appeal to a lot of potential consumers, plus it'll be 10 years since she walked her first show, and the 20th anniversary of VSFS so they'll do something big and she'll likely get the Fantasy Bra (if she doesn't I'll hire a hit squad to knock some sense into VS' head), both she and Adriana are two of the highest earning models in the industry, are in demand and have gotten more popular in the past 2 years. Candice has already reached her peak, and VS is using her less which I think is good, she's had her time to shine and it's time for other girls to also have a bit of spotlight (which she has hogged for 3 years). I think she'll probably last maybe until 2017 as an Angel, at the most since I can see her expanding into doing something else like doing her own line. I think Adriana will pull a Heidi and try to be there as long as possible even if she begins to age more, they don't seem to plan on slowing down using her. Alessandra I think will only last another year, she's doing her own line now and she's getting old, her body isn't as good as it once was and I can see her retiring from modelling by 2016. Lily probably only has another year or two, she's not that popular, and I am kind of falling short on her again, she seems to have gone back to being a little awkward on the runway, nor does she do anything else to get hype. Karlie is also still not popular and she still isn't liked by consumers, not to mention she looks way older than she is, and she doesn't appear to be attracting that much hype either, I'm giving her another year or two, she'll probably be like another Chanel, really loved at the start, the public isn't feeling her and she'll just vanish. As for Behati, she's the least popular Angel on social media (I'm not considering Lindsay or Elsa since Lindsay was never major, and Elsa hasn't been officially announced by VS as an Angel so she hasn't gotten the right marketing from them), but despite Behati being Adam's wife, and being heavily used, people do not like her. Go onto any news website and people will constantly say she's plain, looks way older and that she's too skinny or just isn't VS material. She has some good moments but overall she isn't a consistently a model that delivers, they might try and give her a Fantasy Bra but I doubt anybody would pay attention. She should go soon as well. 

For Elsa I'm uncertain, I can definitely see her being there for a short time (maybe she'll be like Erin, used a lot but not have as much impact). A lot of people have already complained about another blonde haired blue-eyed model being made an Angel and still no women of colour, besides Adriana who's already heavily white washed, in the line up. I know for a fact, a lot of people are going to be pissed by that. 

We can infer the following:

Adriana: First worked for them in late 1998 (cotton lingerie commercial:

), certainly wasn't an Angel in June 2000, there's conflicting evidence as to when she was signed, such as the 2004 special said it was after Cannes but the 2001 opening only flashed the faces of Gisele, Tyra, Heidi and Daniela and theses videos seem to imply she went to casting (video 1, 5:05 mark) and that she's only a catalogue girl (video 2, 2:15ish), so maybe she initially had a Lais type contract and then moved on. Her first real event was in 2002 according to Wireimage, so I'm assuming she was an Angel by then. On top of that there's the issue of her beauty contract and whether or not she had 5 year contract (keep in mind that Gisele was reported to have had a 5 year contract and worked for VS from late 2000ish to late 2006, which make up 6 years, 3+3, so yeah...)

Alessandra, signed in 2004, if she only signed 3-year contracts, hers is up late 2016 (which would also be consistent with her missing the 2010 Christmas shoot due to renegotiations), if not, it could be any time.

Doutzen: probably signed in late 2007 to early 2008, as she missed the 2007 show. so she probably last renewed in late 2013, early 2014, which should last up to the 2016 show.

Behati: probably signed as an Angel in late 2009, around the VSFS show (kind of like Selita or Izabel in 2005), so porobably up for renewal in late 2015

Candice: signed in early 2010, up for renewal in early 2016

Lily: signed in late 2010, up for renewal in late 2016

Lindsay: negotiation fell through in 2010 (?), signed in early-mid 2011 to replace Rosie who opted out of her contract, axed in 2014 but still on the "Angel line-up" for this year's show

Karlie: signed in early 2013. Up for renewal in 2016

Elsa: just signed (?), yet to be officially announced (probably in Feb-March 2015, if not at the show).

So basically, all the girls (minus Lindsay, duh!) are contracted through the 2015 show and none of them really are a shoe-in for the 2016 one except for Elsa.

Adriana signed after Cannes but she was a nobody back then and VS still had Gisele, Tyra, Heidi and I guess they gave zero fucks about her. Kind of like Izabel and Selita, they had been signed already by the 2005 show (you can even see them in the Angel groups pics backstage) but VS gave zero fucks and didn't show them in the credits, I guess giving Karolina and Alessandra their first credits that year was enough. However, Dri was in all the important campaigns even if she wasn't being heavily used for PR, I guess her horrible English might have been a reason. I do know she renewed for five years in 2008  and then 2009 which means she should have been out in 2013 but she obviously renewed until God only knows how lonh.

Alessandra did three years and then she started doing give, I'm not sure her current status is. If it was as I think then it was 2004-2006 and then renewed in 2007 to 2011, after that I'm not sure what the hell happened.

Doutzen signed in 2007 but she already had scheduled a L'Oreal thing the date of the show so VS and her agreed to let it pass and introduce her in 2008. They already had Miranda and Marisa to be introduced in 2007 so is not like they needed another model. Her contract was up in 2010 while she was pregnant but she renewed it, IDK for how long

Miranda and Marisa got three years each (2007, 2008 & 2009) we know Marisa didn't renew but Miranda  did (2010, 2011 & 2012)

I think Candice, Lily, Lindsay, Erin & Rosie all were originally signed for one year, it certainly wasn't three years because Rosie and Chanel were gone a lot sooner than that.

Elsa & Behati both started with three years for Pink, I'm assuming they both got another three years contract after that. Karlie I have no idea but I think it was probably a three years contract.

Adriana's VS Beauty contract was for 5 years pretty much exactly (like I said it was back then: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f52/adriana-lima-december-2003-june-2009-a-2024-430.html) Like we all knew it was coming up amd the discussion of her getting a big Beauty contract was on all of our minds. We just didn't know what her move would be and definitely didn't expect her to go back to Maybelline.

Early 2009 she left Maybelline and signed with VS Beauty because they were offering her more money, and around the same time this year her VS Beauty contract ended and she didn't renew and went back with Maybelline who I'm guessing dished out more than they were giving her before to have her again because I couldn't see VS not wanting to renew her Beauty contract especially if she isn't leaving and is staying for a long time like she claims. :idk:

But the lingerie contract was signed in 2008, a year before that so it should have ended in 2013 and now we know it didn't. I honestly think she renewed but asked for less VS work so she can branch out and do more things, same as Heidi, in her last years she barely did anything but she always showed up for the show, the Christmas commercials and the big campaigns.

Adriana signed after Cannes but she was a nobody back then and VS still had Gisele, Tyra, Heidi and I guess they gave zero fucks about her. Kind of like Izabel and Selita, they had been signed already by the 2005 show (you can even see them in the Angel groups pics backstage) but VS gave zero fucks and didn't show them in the credits, I guess giving Karolina and Alessandra their first credits that year was enough. However, Dri was in all the important campaigns even if she wasn't being heavily used for PR, I guess her horrible English might have been a reason. I do know she renewed for five years in 2008  and then 2009 which means she should have been out in 2013 but she obviously renewed until God only knows how lonh.

Yeah, that's what I meant with a Lais type contract.

I think Candice, Lily, Lindsay, Erin & Rosie all were originally signed for one year, it certainly wasn't three years because Rosie and Chanel were gone a lot sooner than that.

I personally think they signed for 3. Rosie and Chanel both stayed on VSAA almost exactly 3 years, I just think that Rosie worked out a deal that VS could use her name but she wouldn't work for them anymore when she got her ~big Hollywood break~ and they ditched Chanel a few months early (like Izabel) and Erin a few months late (like Selita or Karolina).

So based on everything said, I'm guessing that 2016 will be a big year in terms of who will/will not be renewed! No one is leaving in 2015 then.

The angel line up will be the same for the 2015 show you reckon? I wonder if VS will add anyone else? 

Well, contracts can alway be renegotiated and such and if Izabel and Chanel are any indication, anyone who's up for a late 2015-early 2016 renewal could be shown the door if they underperform. That being said, it seems that VS isn't really satisfied with any of the girls they have been testing lately since Toni, Bregje, Barbara, Martha & Lais have all failed to earn their wings so far and I don't think that Jasmine is gonna fair that much better. At this point Stella is probably the front runner since she's the one they're focusing on in the broadcast, per the "special" make-up list, but then again, Deanna Miller never went anywhere.

The issue with VS is that they have basically been handing out contracts every 3 years so every 3 years, there's a risk for a big shake up (see 2007, 2010...)

Well, contracts can alway be renegotiated and such and if Izabel and Chanel are any indication, anyone who's up for a late 2015-early 2016 renewal could be shown the door if they underperform. That being said, it seems that VS isn't really satisfied with any of the girls they have been testing lately since Toni, Bregje, Barbara, Martha & Lais have all failed to earn their wings so far and I don't think that Jasmine is gonna fair that much better. At this point Stella is probably the front runner since she's the one they're focusing on in the broadcast, per the "special" make-up list, but then again, Deanna Miller never went anywhere.

The issue with VS is that they have basically been handing out contracts every 3 years so every 3 years, there's a risk for a big shake up (see 2007, 2010...)

I totally agree. They've been going through so many girls, yet haven't found and 'IT' new girl that they could sign. Funny that Stella might be that new girl, considering her BFF Barbara Palvin had the same thing happen to her haha

It's strange to me that VS seems to gloss over so many girls that have potential and star power. I really think they should have scooped up Nina Agdal before she became really famous. She even shot PINK a few times. She's no high fashion girl, but she totally fits VS's image. I wish they would work with Gigi Hadid too - the girl wants it and has been becoming more and more famous lately, and her modeling work has improved drastically.

I don't think Chanel and Rosie were in VSAA for three years, I don't know the exact dates but especially Chanel there's no way she was up there for three years, she was an Angel for like two days. 

I agree with Stella probably being next in line fro try-outs but VS seems to like her more than Barbara, she is working a lot more than Barbara ever did, she got two outfits in her first show and she also got the Christmas cover in her first year with VS. That being said, I like Stella for VS a lot but I doubt she'll make the cut as an Angel, she doesn't have the personality for it, she's not cheesy or cutesy enough for it and I think she would flop hard as a spokesperson, I have the exact same feeling about Jac who I like a lot too. I think that in order to fit with VS you need to have certain personality, otherwise you flop. I think Nina Agdal would have been perfect for VS, it's a shame they let her pass, right now from the young popular-ish models I say Alexandria Morgan is perfect for VS, she has the perfect body, she is American, she has an amazing face, a knock out body and I think she has the perfect personality for VS and would be a great spokesperson, she is also the sweetest girl ever.

I don't think we'll ever see Gigi (or Kendall or Hailey Baldwin for that matter) for VS, when was the last time VS worked with a celeb model? And don't say Cara because is not the same, Cara was a model then a celebrity and as much as Ed said they would invite her to the show this year, we never even saw her card in the board for VS which means she wasn't even considered this year, Ed will say whatever is politically correct "Cara was invited", "We will continue to work with Marisa/Miranda even if she's not an Angel anymore" because has to, it's his job to make VS look like one big happy family. VS passed on way too many girls who became "It" girls already: Bar Refaeli, Kate Upton, Emily Ratakojski, all girls who are far more popular than their current group of girls, VS gave zero fucks and never worked with them, I don't think they will change that now. VS likes to claim they created superstars, not that they are milking out of models fame. I would love to see Gigi for VS but I don't see it happening, if VS wanted to work with her they would have done it already, just look at SI they jumped on Gigi as soon as she was legal.

I'm pretty sure Rosie had a 3 year contract, and then bought out of it for Transformers. I've always gotten the feeling that things aren't amicable between the two parties, because if they had parted on good terms, I think they would have had Rosie back to do the show, like Izabel. 

I see so many models having potential to work with VS, & VS never hires them like for example

Michelle Vawer

Solveig Mork Hansen

Bojana Krsmovic

Esti Ginzburg

Sandra Kubicka

Candice Boucher

Emily Ratajowski

etc etc etc

I will just never understand why would VS would never hire them. I am surprised they have pick Yara Khmidan model for pink.