Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Seeing them in motion, side by side, and talking together I actually prefer Martha over Candice a little more. Both are kind of so so for me but Martha just comes off a little more easy on the eyes, relaxed and more natural than Candice. Not to mention Candice darn near puts me to sleep everytime she talks.

i think that martha comes off as sleazy sometimes, like there's a thin line between sultry and slutty, and martha sometimes crosses it. in last years holiday commercial when she was running her hands up her body and -maybe it's just her face- but the look on her face made me think of that one cheerleader who has to bed every athlete in the school. and her never changing facial expressions bore me almost as much as candice's forever arched back and slightly gaped mouth.

candice, however, at least has poise and is well spoken in person. martha is like a downgraded version of candice: they can both be mixed up for one another in motion and aren't that flexible in print, but at least candice can present the brand without sounding arrogant and cocky.

Why should we compare two succesfull girls?, sorry... but I just can stand the comparision and criticism. Both are great models, none is a better o lower version of the other, they are different people with virtues and defects, just human beings doing their jobs. Sorry if this sounds rude, but I'm just bored of reading that. 

^^ it's solely because candice is already successful with vs and they've been pushing her for four years, and martha -who looks so similar- just started last year and now she's being used like candice by vs. so it's like having two of the same model but different vibes, just as people complained about sara because she looked so similar to adriana, or toni because she was similar to lindsay.

Martha & Candice don't look nothing like. The face & body is different. Same with Dri & Sara, Lindsay & Erin, Lindsay & Toni. None of this girls look nothing like the other one. Just cuz they have similar color hair & eyes, & a Vagina. Doesn't mean they look like.seriously how can you not distinguish them?

I never said I couldn't distinguish them, but in motion they look similar and blur together. Even in the V-Day commercial I didn't even know Martha was in it until the "Crazy, Stupid, Love" vid came out, I thought that it was just Candice. And, everyone went crazy about Sara when she started working with VS because of her similarities with Adriana, especially Adriana's die hard fans across tumblr. I never said Lindsay looked like Erin, but Lindsay and Toni were compared a lot when the "toni is the new vs angel" rumors started in 2012 after she did the meet-and-greet.

When standing still, as stated, Martha and Candice don't look the same but their modelling type is similar especially with each having that "go to" pose. Martha does have a similar body to Candice and Elsa, the only thing keeping her apart is the other two have a more waist-hip ratio. Face wise, nothing alike. 

Hair + Eyes + gender =/= similarities

but bone structure + eyes + lips in Adriana and Sara's case = very similar

tumblr_n7h5wr29ev1t0gwqho1_500.jpgadriana-lima-harpers-bazaar-spain-3.gif

I'm not saying that they are exactly alike since none of the models look alike, but they are similar especially Martha when she's in motion with Candice in their commercials and they are styled similarly.

I don't really get the Martha/Candice comparisons. I mean come on, Martha's pretty and not annoying. :whistle: But you can't deny that Sara and Adriana look similar (read: similar, not identical), and it's natural for comparisons to occur between similar looking models. 

Why are they making all their girls go blonde, do they not have enough of them on the roster? Karlie's blonde now, and Behati's hair is significantly lighter. 

Candice natural hair is brown. I think from the angels on Doutzen & Lindsay are the only natural blondes. If VS wants real blondes, they should just hire real blondes, instead off brunettes & turning them blondes.

Does anyone know if its a VS rule on fan photos that you can't touch or anything? I always find the distance between fans and celebrities in those fan meet and greet shoots awkward, VS has had that a lot lately and im guessing its a rule you cant be close or touch or interact with a model much?

I (and Savanna) have been to many of these meet and greets. They used to not care so much about the touching, but I've noticed that they have started to place the chairs further apart from model and fans. I think it's because I'm a male, but the security guards always instruct me to not touch the girls and to keep my hands visible at all times (lol). Not sure what they say for the gals. I usually don't give a fuck because I engage the models in a decent conversation and they end up being super friendly and touching me haha Adriana even gave me a kiss on the cheek and full on hugged me once. Candice was pretty touchy with me too (she leaned her head on mine for a pic). Same with Behati. Miranda and Karlie were probably the least 'touchy' out of the girls I've met, but still nice.

You cna talk to them as long as you want, but it's awkward because you're in front of a lot of people. But as long as you keep them engaged they will talk and talk. Then the security peeps will chime in and tell them that they must move on. Candice and I talked for about a minute until they security started to usher me out, and Candice told them to let me talk to her longer (hahaha). But eventually they forced me to leave.

I still remember the moment I met Adriana for the first time. She is by far the most captivating out of all of them.

You'll also be surprised by how YOUNG they look in person. We're so used to harsh lighting candids and awkward angles. In the flesh they look sooo much better.

Can I ask, how you know the meet and greets are on. I really want to get to go to one in London! :)