Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

I messaged the guy on Facebook to see if he'll give any more info.

Do you guys think Gigi Hadid has a chance with VS?

Gigi's mom had a Freudian slip of the tongue, or was trying to hint about Victoria Secret during the taping of the Real Housewives back in early Feb.

Miranda had almost no career before signing with Maybelline and then, shortly after, VS. I don't even think she had ever walked down an HF runway until she married Orlando, either. So she got what she needed out of the publicity and I don't see any reason for her to come back. But who knows...

I messaged the guy on Facebook to see if he'll give any more info.

Do you guys think Gigi Hadid has a chance with VS?

I think Gigi would be PERFECT to take over for Elsa in PINK, with Elsa moving up to mainline to replace Lindsay.

Gigi has that "youthful" look, is dating tween star Cody Simpson (perfect for the PINK demo), and has flawless English (duh, she's American). It's really a no brainer for PINK. Then when she gets older and grows into her looks she can move up. But since when does VS make sense?

I use to really like Miranda, I have mixed feelings about her in VS. I think last year VS lineup was not the best, so I wouldnt mind Miranda back.

I hope when she comes back she gets the Selita treatment!

I dont understand why VS cant just take Shanina Shaik as an angel, shes everything VS needs; Exotic, not-blonde and Unique

Anyone remember when VS didnt have bottle blondes walking around everywhere, I miss the gorgeous girls like; Fernanda Tavarez, Ana Beatriz Barros, Marija Vujovic...

Speaking of blondes, I actually just watched Gigi Hadids SI video, and I like her so far... I wouldnt say shes great for pink, because frankly Pink sucks, i wouldnt wish that on any model

I need some Alyssa Miller on the runway this year... :drool:(havent seen her runway walk yet, but shes so purty)

Speaking of Miranda...

yeah, of course, specially when she said "no" to bloom a couple times.you don't like miranda, FINE. i don't like candice and i don't bash her. people say A LOT of things about candice's attitude and stuff. and honestly miranda's doing fine without VS and DJ's. it was her choice... and she had a pretty cool carreer before meeting orlando. in fact, she got more famous by dating him, but after marrying and having a baby, her work slowed down. 

As for Miranda all she had was VS & Bloom, she lost both now so it doesn't look good for her.

You must have an odd idea of what looks good for a model.  In just the last couple of months, I've seen Miranda in commercials for ShopStyle, Reebok, and H&M, and she has several other campaigns.  As for the current VS Angels and recent former ones, I've seen... nothing.  Not even VS commercials.  :idk:

Miranda given advices to Rosie? lol..... anyways i really like Miranda i think maybe she is not so enthusiastic? when she is on the vs show but who cares in the runway she looks amazing , i really hope she is back and hope so Rosie too cause she on the VS runway is fuck!n awesome.... actually Rosie needs more VS right now , her lingerie is just meh and as a actreess was the biggest fail ever.

I think Rosie's doing just fine as well. I mean, there's no way she'll come back to VS now that she has a competing brand. And I think her line is doing well (I like it, actually)…if it wasn't, M&S wouldn't have renewed it so may times. She's been working quite steadily in HF as well.

And yeah, regardless of how many of us feel about her, Miranda is obviously making huge $$ right now and there's no way she'll come back to VS to play second fiddle to Candice and the like.

yeah, of course, specially when she said "no" to bloom a couple times.you don't like miranda, FINE. i don't like candice and i don't bash her. people say A LOT of things about candice's attitude and stuff. and honestly miranda's doing fine without VS and DJ's. it was her choice... and she had a pretty cool carreer before meeting orlando. in fact, she got more famous by dating him, but after marrying and having a baby, her work slowed down. 

It's all opinion, there isn't any reason to not like people for having one, because just like them you have your own opinion. I'm 99% sure you probably have a celebrity you feel the same way about many in this thread view Miranda, and it's fine. We're simply just saying the way VS operates is they use girls for a reason, which tends to be famous connections, popularity etc. Miranda was one of those. It's clear she got into the first show herself, but if it wasn't for Orlando, would she have even been an Angel? Potentially no, maybe yes. Before Orlando Miranda's career consisted of commercial work, after OB + VS she managed to break into the HF scene. The reason she got the Fantasy bra in 2011 was because every newspaper wanted to see that "post baby body" (same goes for Adriana the year before and Alessandra the year after). She's lost a lot of popularity in the few months, many just are beginning to find her vain and that photoshopping instagram was a mega blunder (don't say she didn't do it since some of her candid selfies were photoshopped too, she can't pull those off the internet).

As for Miranda all she had was VS & Bloom, she lost both now so it doesn't look good for her.

You must have an odd idea of what looks good for a model.  In just the last couple of months, I've seen Miranda in commercials for ShopStyle, Reebok, and H&M, and she has several other campaigns.  As for the current VS Angels and recent former ones, I've seen... nothing.  Not even VS commercials.  :idk:

The target market they work for is different. Miranda hasn't done any HF commercials in ages, all she's been working with are commercial brands. Commercial brands are more accessible to the public thus giving the illusion you see them more. Other VS Angels work for HF commercials, completely different clientèle. I find it peculiar how you say you haven't seen a single commercial. Doutzen did L'oreal, VS and H&M (something Miranda did too) the entire year. Candice did Max Factor, VS, Versace and Juicy Couture as the most seen ones. It could just be due to wherever you live some commercials will be different but the only thing I saw Miranda on TV ads was for Clear :/ That's a damn shampoo ad. And I was pretty surprised at how often I saw Doutzen and L'oreal, Candice and Max Factor, Barbara and L'oreal etc etc

Actually to me Miranda is doing better w/out VS. She's the face of H&M, Reebok, Clear, she's creating her own perfume for Escada, She has her own organic cosmetic line Kora. If she would still be w/ VS she wouldn't been able to get all this contract,she'll be stuck w/VS glad she left. I didn't wanted her to become another Heidi, Adriana, & Alessandra.

^I agree and I think both Miranda and Rosie were incredibly savvy to get out when they did. Maybe Rosie could've waited for a fantasy bra but she had that movie and regardless of her actual performance in it, Transformers did launch her into the public eye. 

M & R got good publicity out of VS. They saw that they were probably not going to be the head honchos. For Heidi, Adriana and (sometimes) Ale, VS gives them what they want, and those girls have mega contracts. Miranda and Rosie weren't going to have that. They both seem like businesswomen who had their hearts set on doing other things, and why let VS restrict them from doing that when it's not beneficial enough? Makes sense to me and I don't quite get why people say they should have stayed.

I think there are several other girls who could benefit from doing the same thing. I love me some Doutzen, but VS has never treated her well and she could be doing so many other campaigns. I also think Karlie will be in and out, no more than maybe 4 years. Candice I think will stay as long as she can and then retire by like 30.

I hope to god Doutzen doesn't leave VS soon. Her work for them is great and it's great to get so much coverage of her. Plus she always rocks the hell out of the VSFS. I hope she at least stays long enough to get the Fantasy Bra. Doutzen is a staple in the HF world and has other major commercial contracts. If you can have it all, why leave VS?  :idk:

I'm still confused as to why Erin left. Obviously her career is going well now, but her leave was so abrupt and just made no sense.

Candice will stay with VS as long as they continue giving her a steady income IMO. I've always thought that Candice seems to be the type of model that just likes to vacation as much as possible and work when she has to. Obviously she has a very good work ethic (hey, she made it to the top of VS practically), but now that she has the $$$ I think she prefers to work a lot less. She has barely worked for VS this year. I get the same vibe from Behati.

Do you guys think Candice will last a long time or leave relatively soon (say, within 1-3 years)?

Karlie will TOTALLY be in and out. She's never gonna be the main star of VS (let's be real), so it would be smart of her to take the $$$ and exposure now, and then move on.

Who do you guys think will be the next angel to leave? To be honest, I would have never thought that Erin would leave last year, yet it happened. Just shows how things can change in the blink of an eye.