Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

No. I am labeling a group of girls who I personally think are bland; they happen to be blonde, but I can think of plenty of bland models that are not blonde or even not white. Lais, for example, I do not find thrilling. As far as being 'discriminatory,' that's frankly insulting to the girls who get labeled as 'token black' every day. We can talk about discrimination when we start having 'token blonde girls' at VS, maybe.

No. I am labeling a group of girls who I personally think are bland; they happen to be blonde, but I can think of plenty of bland models that are not blonde or even not white. Lais, for example, I do not find thrilling. As far as being 'discriminatory,' that's frankly insulting to the girls who get labeled as 'token black' every day. We can talk about discrimination when we start having 'token blonde girls' at VS, maybe.

Oh, it's because I've seen a lot of comments on the web like : "another bland blonde blablabla". It's like this adjective only goes for the blondes. I've never read comments who say "another bland brunette" (or another bland black). That's why i'm starting to think that people really don't like blonde girls.  :cain: But I guess it's because there's a lot of blondes in the fashion industry.

It's mostly because they have the same hair color, same skin color, same eye color in some cases, the hair is the same length, so basically all you have is three good looking chicks together.

I like Lindsay, Erin & Toni but when you put them together in the same styling they all blend into each other and look pretty meh.

And it's not about the blondes only, I remember in 2005-2008 it was the same discussion when putting together Alessandra, Izabel & even Adriana sometimes because they would blend into each other thanks to the photoshop & styling.

All of them are beautiful women when separate but VS keeps trying to merge them into twins/triplets and that's quite stupid ... Or at least I thought the whole point was to make the girls stand out?

Also keep in mind that BZ is not the whole world, so while almost everyone here can tell all the girls apart, for the average Jane & Joe, i highly doubt any of the girls is making an impression when she has two or three other girls who look just like her in the same picture.