Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Let's think about this for a second, if those are legit financial gains and losses then the ladies would of had to sign off on allowing how much they made before and after taxes to be released to the public (their accountants sure aren't going to say anything without permission). If they are nothing more then specialization based on good guesses then that's a whole other matter.

Now if those Forbes numbers are in fact legit, then what kind of intelligent person would give out such personal info knowing it's going to be made public? (unless she's a little "slow" and or needs to flex her epeen).

Kate Upton comes from a family who is used to being subjected to the whims of the media in the political arena, Kate is also the granddaughter of a billionaire and growing up was taught; the less people know the better, not only is a persons finances no one's business, but keeping quiet is also the classier thing to do. Those with real money don't talk about finances.

And Karlie strikes me as someone intelligent and probably followed the same queues as Kate.

I'll stand by this... the min Kate makes one of these lists, the numbers are bullshit

Seriously, Pretty?  You justify the rankings (or non-rankings) of a number of models without hesitation, yet as soon as it comes to Upton not being on it, the list is either complete BS or she's too smart and classy to be on it?

post-10465-0-1446081111-03927_thumb.jpg

Forbes doesn't factor in trust fund money that Kate U or other heiress/socialite models like Cara, Georgia May, Poppy, etc, have because they got that money from their family. Also there's a difference between the net worth of model and how much a model makes a year. ut that’s very different than a net worth. Net worth is based on the value of the cash and assets you have at the moment, not on how much your work has brought in over a lifetime. 

Karlie's demin jean line just came out this year and the contract she has with them wasn't factored into her earnings.

Let us recap...

What has Ale has been working on.. which regardless if the Forbes is right will effect her "list" next year. (Regardless if it's a real list or not, they'll put one out right?)
IF the numbers are legit... Adriana has made 6 million for doing nothing. Yay Capitalism! (it's not me who brings up how much she makes every single time she resigns with VS every year... Her fans and forbes have been saying she makes 5-10million a year for so long now it's not even funny, and I'm just going with want her fans say)
If I was a model I'd like to work for the big dick companies
Miranda + Japan = big money?

Lipton isn't a horrible company

VS/RL give lots of money to their main models (fact)
Adriana = not working for awhile = big money (though we all knew that)
H&M + knowing how to read a calender

"If they are nothing more then specialization based on good guesses then that's a whole other matter."

Kate Upton's background = Political Gold?

Karlie is intelligent and wouldn't talk about fiances (regardless if the list is real or not)

"Adriana is basically on the list for VS (lol cause that was hard to figure out?), and it sounds like Candice and Adriana are the only models making a healthy figure from them". (lol cause that was hard to figure out? Candice works works works works works works work. = makes lots of money as VS has said that if you sell, you stick around make more money)

Doutzen = Sounds like she's making x-number of dollars & might have not been paid before June. (sounds and might do not mean I'm justifying anything, it's my own speculation based on how much I know they've paid other models that I know irl who've worked for the same companies.)

GG reading it how you want it, but at no point did I say those numbers are accurate. I did however give two ways to look how the list could be truth based on what the models actually worked on from June 12/13 and how when they worked could be a contributing factor into the numbers, or how the lists could be a load of dog shit based on other factors such a the models having to sign off on their fiances. I also NEVER brought up how much Kate's trust would factor. I was talking about how Kate was raised in a political arena with wealth and how they don't talk about money which is why if she made the list chances are very strong the numbers would be bullshit, because I do not see Kate talking about fiances with anyone. If she is on a list I'm in no way saying her numbers are or are not accurate.

At the end of the day do I personally think those lists are bullshit. Yes - 90%. I believe there are some strong guesses from Forbes, and that some may be close to accurate, but even Gisele has said she has no idea where Forbes is getting it's facts from because "if she was making that much money, she doesn't know where it is".

Forbes also makes a list of the highest paid entertainers, singers, athletes, actors, etc and some of them are very private people and they don't discuss their finances either. Karlie also just became an contract VS Angel and that will factor into whether she makes the list or not.

I did however give two ways to look how the list could be truth based...or how the lists could be a load of dog shit

Yes, and both were transparent attempts to justify why Upton, specifically, isn't on the list.  Have you heard of Occam's razor?  We can all try to rationalize her non-inclusion, or we can accept the explanation requiring the fewest assumptions: she's not on the list of the world's highest-paid models because - get this - she's just not one of the world's highest-paid models.

I was talking about how Kate was raised in a political arena with wealth and how they don't talk about money which is why if she made the list chances are very strong the numbers would be bullshit, because I do not see Kate talking about fiances with anyone.

We're talking about the entertainment industry - money is everything, and people talk.  Agents, managers, publicists - hell, any intern filing away a newly-signed contract can leak details.  This belief that only Upton herself could be responsible for any knowledge of her finances, and that she's too proper or whatever to do that, is just silly.  If this homerism was being committed three or four years ago by another fan of another model, I wouldn't even be doing this - you would have torn that poor editor a new one before I could even get here.

for me the list its a complete non-sense... how in the hell is doutzen of the list with a l'oreal contract? the same for emily didonatto, with a maybelline contract, and with the most lucrative fragrance deal of the business with aqua di goia? the same with barbara, with chanel for asia, loreal, calvin klein fragrance... i find really hard to believe this list... 

People are forgetting this is only a Top 10. They could mean dropped out of the Top 10 which is considered their list. For all we know, Doutzen could be 11 and Ale 12 or something. And the same for all the people complaining about their favs.

mbinebri check your PM :rofl:

:hug:

-- In other VS news (doesn't really say much, but meh)

Big personalities and big hair': Angels Behati Prinsloo and Erin Heatherton reveal what REALLY goes on behind the scenes at a Victoria's Secret show

The Angels revealed that the show is 'pure madness' but lots of fun
    Erin Heatherton says she loves how Victoria's Secret lets her tap into her feminine side

It's one of the the sexiest nights on television and its stunning models and superstar singing acts draw in millions of viewers every year.
But what really goes on behind the scenes of the iconic annual Victoria's Secret show?
Two of the lingerie giant's most famous Angels have revealed that the show, which saw the likes of Rihanna and Justin Bieber perform this year, is 'pure madness'.

Speaking to Vogue.co.uk, Erin Heatherton said it's all: 'Big personalities, big hair.
'It's a lot of fun - I think there's something special and timeless about girls getting ready together. This is the ultimate display - head-to-toe.'
Behati Prinsloo added: 'It's a girls club! It's kind of manic back there, but also fun and exciting.

Read the rest here:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2398123/Victorias-Secret-Angels-Behati-Prinsloo-Erin-Heatherton-reveal-scenes.html

Here is the full list:

No. 1: Gisele Bündchen

$42 million
Though her endorsement earnings dipped this year, the 32-year-old is still one of the most powerful supermodels. She recently replaced Beyonce as the face of H&M, reportedly beat out Rihanna for Chanel and took over David Yurman from Kate Moss -- all in the same year she welcomed daughter Vivian, her second child with quarterback husband Tom Brady.

Bündchen's biggest source of income remains her lucrative merchandising partnerships, which includes a lingerie line, multiple accessory collections and her globally popular Ipanema flip-flops. As Brazil’s retail sector skyrockets, we may see the supermodel mom turn her attention from her modeling to her business ventures, such as her eco-friendly Sejaa Pure Skin Care company.
Agency: IMG

No. 2: Miranda Kerr

$7.2 million
The Australian beauty became a Victoria’s Secret Angel in 2007. Kerr also owns a cosmetics line, Kora Organics, which she launched in 2009. This year, the wife of Orlando Bloom continued to rake in millions with old contracts (Victoria's Secret) and new ones (Mango, David Jones, Lipton, Quantas).

Where her career is really taking off, however, isn’t the States or Europe -- it’s Asia, where the hugely successful Kerr has nabbed endorsements with companies like EMODA, Samantha Thavasa and Clear.

No. 3: Adriana Lima

$6 million
Lima has been a Victoria’s Secret Angel since 2000, making her the longest-running Angel in the brand’s history. No surprise, her supermodel seniority comes with a supersized contract -- most of Lima’s earnings come from her deal with the lingerie retailer.

When Lima isn't being mom to her two daughters with Serbian basketball player Marko Jaric, the devout Catholic is scooping up endorsements for brands such as Miu Miu, Donna Karan, Mavi Jeans and Metrocity.
Agency: The Society Management

No. 4: Kate Moss

$5.7 million
The shelf life for models can be shorter than a runway catwalk in fashion’s constant flux -- unless you’re Kate Moss, who, at 39 years old, is still picking up millions each year thanks to a multi-year Vogue Eyewear contract and deals with cosmetics company Rimmel and Italian designers Versace and Liu-Jo.

Next up: Moss will pose topless for Playboy to celebrate the magazine’s 60th anniversary -- and her own 40th birthday -- for newsstands next January.

No. 5: Liu Wen

$4.3 million
China’s first major supermodel will become an even bigger name internationally as she helps usher in her home country’s exploding fashion market, which is expected to triple in size by 2020 according to the Boston Consulting Group.

Wen, who was also the first Chinese model to walk in the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, has a roster of modeling and endorsement deals from some of the biggest names in fashion and beauty, like H&M, Estee Lauder, Calvin Klein, Hugo Boss, making this 25-year-old one to watch.
Agency: The Society Management

No. 6: Hilary Rhoda

$4 million
Having your mom as your manager can get a bad wrap, but something’s clearly working for Rhoda and her mother, Marianne. The 26-year-old is currently in her seventh year with Estee Lauder, an endorsement that has only more grown lucrative in her years of loyalty. (Elite NYC)

Outside of the cosmetics company, Rhoda inked deals with Nike and Hugo Boss, and she still rocks the runway for her high-profile clients such as Ralph Lauren and Victoria’s Secret.
Agency: Elite NYC

No. 7: Carolyn Murphy

$3.6 million
Murphy’s classic all-American looks have wowed the fashion world ever since she first began modeling as a tan 17-year-old in sunny Panama City, Fla. Since then, she's worked with some of the most eminent names in fashion, from Steven Meisel and Mario Testino to Karl Lagerfeld and the late Helmut Newton.

Murphy has represented Estée Lauder since 2001, and she continues to appear in the company’s advertisements today. This year, the host of Project Runway: All Stars landed contracts with Coach, Ann Taylor Loft and Carlo Pazolini.

No. 8: Joan Smalls

$3.5 million
Smalls is a newcomer to FORBES’ list this year, but the Puerto Rican model found stardom in the industry long before that. She already topped Models.com’s rankings back in September, and she’s also the first Latina ambassador for Estee Lauder.

Smalls’ career kicked off in 2010 when she was handpicked to walk exclusively for Givenchy, and since then she’s posed for Chanel, Lacoste, Calvin Klein Jeans and covered Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar and GQ.

No. 9: Candice Swanepoel

$3.3 million
Hailing from South Africa, Swanepoel was first discovered in a flea market at the age of 15. an An expert at Instagram selfies, she now joins Victoria’s Secret Angels elite posse.

Like many of the other Angels, Swanepoel’s contract with the lingerie giant is her biggest paycheck, but work from Versace, Juicy Couture and Max Factor helped bump Swanepoel up to number nine on the FORBES list this year.

No. 10: Lara Stone

$3.2 million
Stone turned heads in 2010 when she signed an exclusive deal with Calvin Klein that placed her in ads for Calvin Klein Jeans, ck Calvin Klein and Calvin Klein Collection -- the first time in years a model appeared in ads for several of the company’s brands at once.

The Dutch-born blonde continues to model for Calvin Klein’s jeans, jewelry and accessories lines, though her total earnings dipped this year due to time off Stone took before the May birth of her son.

Victoria's Secret Has Nothing on PETA's Angels

August 22 is "Be an Angel" Day, a day set aside to remind everyone to be helpful and kind—to animals as well as people. So here are a few of PETA's favorite angels with their suggestions on how to earn your wings:

post-2904-0-1446081112-50457_thumb.jpg post-2904-0-1446081112-51714_thumb.jpg  post-2904-0-1446081112-52379_thumb.jpg post-2904-0-1446081112-53784_thumb.jpg

post-2904-0-1446081112-55139_thumb.jpg

peta.org

-------------------------------------------------

Alessandra & Ana do look quite rough in those Greece pictures, especially Alessandra in a set where she has a black bikini, I saw those and I was like WUT? ... That being said, the pictures on TMZ are like 5+ years older so it's kind of unfair to compare how the girls looked then & now I guess

"Some likely candidates to make the list next year: Karlie Kloss, the newest addition to Victoria’s Secret’s lineup, and Kate Upton, the commercial-turned-editorial bombshell who Vogue recently deemed “the hottest supermodel on Earth.” Doutzen Kroes and Alessandra Ambrosio, who dropped off the list this year, could make a comeback." - http://www.forbes.com/sites/vannale/2013/08/19/the-worlds-highest-paid-models-of-2013/2/

Hey guys, may I ask you a question?
A friend of mine is going to Canada and intends to make a short stop in the US.

Now she wonders if the VS stuff is more expensive in Canada? :idk:

Could anybody clear this up, please? :flower: