Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

^ I never sensed beef between her & Miranda. Then again I have rarely seen them working together. I think the reason why she mentioned Miranda was it is Vogue Aus and Miranda is Aussie :)

Yeah that's what I think as well especially since the topic was on VS so Doutzen probably already assumed/sinced what the next question was probably going to be so she just beat the interviewer to the pumch lol, but like you said her and Miranda always seemed to be civil with each other. The only ones that seemed to not vibe all that good with Miranda was Adriana and Candice.

I bring some news on Doutzen and her relationship with VS (even if that was the talk of a few days ago)  :hehe:

Out of Vogue Australia August 2013 (interviewed by Alice Cavanagh) I directly quote:

VogueOz: What about your work for Victoria's Secret? There is so much frenzy around that brand. My boyfriend is a big fan!

Doutzen: [Laughs] Really? That's so weird for me because we try to reach women... I always get freaked out when guys know about it, because when I'm posing in the underwear I never think about the boys!

VogueOz: Would you ever do Sports Illustrated?

Doutzen: That's different, I think. Victoria's Secret is to make women feel good. Sports Illustrated is more about the image and the girl, but they're pretty images and they go on great locations so I wouldn't say no. But I don't think you can compare the two.

Vogue Oz: Describe the Victoria's Secret experience.

Doutzen: A lot of fun, especially the show, because we're all together and we have trips to St Barts. All the girls are really nice, and we're missing Miranda now!

I just can't tell if she means "Yes Miranda's gone, good riddance!" or "Awh Miranda's gone come back Miranda"

I'm calling 200% bullshit. "I never think about boys?"... So the arching back, pouty open sex mouth, thrust-ed breasts, twirls of the hair are for the ladies?

Doutzen because apparently you don't "get it", don't want to admit to it here ya go... you ready for this mind blowing concept? Ready?

You sell the idea of sex for men and woman period. If it was just about just reaching woman you could model the underwear and make it look like something out of a Sears catalog.

UmpOi.gif

Nah there's no beef between Miranda and Doutzen. She was just saying we miss her working with VS. She and Doutzen weren't best friends but seemed close. Especially because they both had their sons at the same time. Yeah the main people who seem to have issues are Adriana with Candice and Adriana with Miranda lol. So I don't know what that's all about.

And yeah in regards to Doutzen about men that's a big lie. VS was made for men to go into a store and feel comfortable about buying lingerie for women. So men are as much a target as women.

I once saw a video where Ed said they don't care about what men want and they're catering to women. Doutzen was just saying what she was supposed to even though we all know it's garbage. It's so obvious in some of their campaigns that they are talking to the male audience. And lets not forget the angels go to ESPN every year to promote the show. ESPN's audience is mostly men.

^ True. But she seems to like VS a lot since she always in videos refers to them as her 'second family'. 

Many models who frequently work for VS view them like a second family b/c of how often they shoot. Here's what Marisa said recently in an interview when she was asked about VS:

"Even though they’re such a huge brand, they’ve become like family. You’re working together multiple times during the month, and they really become your friends. It’s very unique in the business to have that closeness with your co-workers, because a lot of times you’re working with different people every day. So to have a home base and a client that you work with over and over is really special."

Nah there's no beef between Miranda and Doutzen. She was just saying we miss her working with VS. She and Doutzen weren't best friends but seemed close. Especially because they both had their sons at the same time. Yeah the main people who seem to have issues are Adriana with Candice and Adriana with Miranda lol. So I don't know what that's all about.

And yeah in regards to Doutzen about men that's a big lie. VS was made for men to go into a store and feel comfortable about buying lingerie for women. So men are as much a target as women.

I mean miranda praised Adriana the last time she was promoting VS calling her a friend.Saying she was being a friend. SO I don't think anything is going on between the two esp in the past i've seen them be nice to each other. I think its just nothing people want to turn into something or look too deep into

Miranda and candice yes. Adriana and candice so, so. Its a friendly competition thing and I guess with miranda its also a competition thing lol. Besides this lindsay stuff I just don't think candice is all buddy buddy with people she know is her competition. 

She'll smile all day long with doutzen, alessandra, behati but with miranda and adriana it seems like a guard is put up.

But honestly I don't think ANY of these girls are real true friends. We see it everytime a bitch leaves, a friendship is lost. Adriana and gisele seemed pretty friendly with eachother, then someone asks her about gisele she said she "lost contact" Candice and rosie were oh so close, rosie left, that went out the window.

Heidi with the other angels, tyra with the other angels, alot of girls be looking close but when one leaves its like "whatever". The only person who still keeps in contact with her model/angel friends is alessandra, hell she the only one who still associates herself with tyra. I think alessandra is the only one who is a real friend, who will always be there even if someone leaves the company. All those other friendships, no matter how cute they may look, are broken apart easily. Though doutzen and adriana do appear close, but I see them as another candice and rosie.

So this family stuff and seeing the girls being cute friends is kinda bull to me. These girls do their job, have their associates, pick a favorite associate and bond with that person until they leave lol. So even if a few girls hated each other I wouldn't be surprised or see the problem.

I once saw a video where Ed said they don't care about what men want and they're catering to women. Doutzen was just saying what she was supposed to even though we all know it's garbage. It's so obvious in some of their campaigns that they are talking to the male audience. And lets not forget the angels go to ESPN every year to promote the show. ESPN's audience is mostly men.

Exactly! VS give their Angels a basic script of what to say in interviews. One of the things VS pushes is they are targeting & selling to women although some of their actions might imply otherwise

I don't know about Adriana and Doutzen being another Candice and Rosie when Adriana who rarely goes out went to a club the other night where Doutzen's husband was spinning and was hanging out with him in the DJ booth all night. Doutzen wasn't there, but I am sure Doutzen hooked it up for her because I don't think Adriana talks to him like that and I don't think she would just go see her friend's husband and not say anything. I've also seen Doutzen beg Adriana to go out before too. :rofl:

I don't know about Adriana and Doutzen being another Candice and Rosie when Adriana who rarely goes out went to a club the other night where Doutzen's husband was spinning and was hanging out with him in the DJ booth all night. Doutzen wasn't there, but I am sure Doutzen hooked it up for her because I don't think Adriana would just go see her friend's husband and not say anything. I've also seen Doutzen beg Adriana to go out before too. :rofl:

You've seen that? Lol

I say that because rosie and candice, that fooled everyone. No one was expecting for it to die down like that, esp since they talked about each other in independent interviews, and also hung out with eachother and according to rosie, use to have sleep overs. I mean rosie was on late night television interviews promoting transformers talking about candice, just gushing over her. So they seemed equally as close to me

and they are not friends how they use to be. I forgot what award show was it, but it was a year(maybe 2) after rosie left and rosie tweeted about how it had been a long time since she had hung out with candice. They went a long time without having that friendship, even people who are fans of them say they miss them. They aren't how they were before.

^They probably don't hang out as much as they use to now because of there different schedules and them both going in different directions career wise. And they still seem to stay in contact with each other and make an effort to wish each other a happy bday and all that good stuff.

I mean some of them might just have there work buddies  aka the friends your only friends with when your working and there real friends aka the ones you actually see them hanging out with /acknowledging when they are not working together and  staying in contact with each other . I think this is the case with a lot of the models. They have very many "work buddies" than actual friends ala a lot of the former angels like Adriana and Gisele or Gisele and Karolina. They were besties when they were all angels and working with VS but as soon as those contracts ended so did there little so called friendships.  I can see the same thing happened to Adriana and Ale especially since they don't seem that close to began with despite what a lot of there fans want to think.

Exactly! VS give their Angels a basic script of what to say in interviews. One of the things VS pushes is they are targeting & selling to women although some of their actions might imply otherwise

IKR? It's like:

1) We sell to women

2) We're like a family

3) My favourite bra/perfume is the one I'm in the campaign for

4) I'm so healthy and I love jumping ropes/boxing

On another note, the holiday commercial shoot should be any day now, right?

I would give the best friend award to Lily. She seems to be friendly with everyone from Alessandra and Miranda to Adriana and Candice. Erin is the godmother to her child. And she doesn't just live in the VS bubble since she was recently hanging out with Kate Upton :D

Doutzen & Adriana are indeed friends, I don't know how close they are but there's friendship there. Every time Doutzen is in Miami they get spotted together at least once. So while I doubt they're BFF's but they are friends. 

Also, I agree about Lily being probably the nicest of them all. She hangs out with all the girls and even those who are not VS girls, I think the fact that her sister is also a model helps too.

Yeah, you can tell that Lily is a nice person by also watching her interviews because I don't remember seeing one where she was really off whereas with some girls there have been weird vibes once in awhile. I've also read some comments people have made about meeting models and while some girls seem to be polarizing like Behati, Magdalena etc. I have yet to see a bad review about Lily.

Ale was recently with Miranda and I liked that since by then Miranda was not an Angel. Maybe there are more get-togethers but others just aren't documented like in Alessandra's or Miranda's case.

But VS friendships are sometimes hard to figure out because I wouldn't have guessed that Doutzen and Candice would hang out together outside of work if it weren't for those Miami beach pictures. I don't think they were 100 % on a paparazzi stroll because Candice was also interacting with Doutzen's son.