Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

This was posted on the H&M Facebook, though, IIRC. Obviously they'd show Doutzen as wanting to work with them. And it's not like Doutzen hasn't always had other big contracts than VS like L'Oréal.

That being said, I do think that we won't see much more of Doutzen and Alessandra.

It's hard to tell a persons tone from reading something. It could just be written that way and sounds a lot worse than it is. She could've said it in more of a joking way or a way that didn't make it sound like an insult. But wording it like that makes it sound like she was complaining. I often find I have so many fight texts with friends just by the way it's worded in a message because you can't tell a way someone is saying something. If that makes sense lol.

^ I agree. She probably did not say it out of spite and might have been joking. She is also known for her verbal diarrhea & not thinking before she speaks. That is something I kinda like about her b/c she is candid & honest although it is not always pleasant :p However there is no way to put a positive or neutral spin on "...Other angels aren’t allowed to have big other contracts, but I’m an exception...I just said: ‘I want to be able to work with H&M, or it’s over’...” regardless of the tone.

It's too much of a "my shit doesn't stink" attitude for me. I was very WTFed by that, I just don't see why she felt the need of bringing up VS at all, let alone the other girls. Even if H&M asked he about it she could have politely turned down the question or say something like "I'm happy I do both things" end of story.

She is just telling the truth. There is no one else at least amongst the Angels who has 3-4 major contracts. Many are lucky enough to land one. And why would she mention L'Oréal when Victoria's Secret is the one who is in direct competition with H&M clothing. Obviously, she is a gold mine when it comes to selling products and an image or otherwise these brands would not want to share her and would look for a new girl with no other big contracts.

The Dutch are associated with stressing directness and Doutzen exemplifies this. She didn't bring up VS to be malicious, but rather to be straightforward with them. People said the same thing about segments of that Dutch documentary she did some years ago.

This was posted on the H&M Facebook, though, IIRC. Obviously they'd show Doutzen as wanting to work with them. And it's not like Doutzen hasn't always had other big contracts than VS like L'Oréal. That being said, I do think that we won't see much more of Doutzen and Alessandra.

Yeah it really seems like her and Ale's time is def coming to an end :/. And Doutzen has always been thee one to say whats on her mind and hardly sugar cote things but with that being said she did seem to come off as a little higher than thou in that little interview and bringing up the other girls was a little childish imo. Yeah she is the current angel with the most contracts but it might not be like that tomorrow (don't count your chickens before they hatch).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was on youtube the other day and read some of the comments on some of the recent VS vids and damn Barbara really makes a lot of the Candice fans on there mad :p and poor Karlie I know its nothing new with people displaying their dislike of certain models but they are straight up ruthless when it comes to her and the fact that those comments get like 48 thumbs up is crazy. I know Chanel wasn't much of a fan fave either but I don't remember her getting this much hate :ninja: .

^She's pretty well known/popular among younger black Americans, but that's obviously not a big enough demographic for VS to keep her. It is, however, the main reason why she would always trend on twitter during the VSFS. But I agree, that she wasn't as big of a hit that the VS team hyped/expected her up to be. She'd probably receive less negative feedback with her current figure than when they initially hired her.

More people care about Chanel than Karlie outside the fashion world... Ok, Karlie now has extra points with her small show with Joan (is that show still happening?)

People were equally piling up on Chanel though. They were bickering and muttering about how she looked like a 15 year old.