Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Since people have made their lists on the spokesmodel skills, I'll make one based on sex appeal (which is truly the most important factor for VS)

1. Adriana Lima

2. Candice Swanepoel

3. Doutzen Kroes

4. Alessandra Ambrosio

5. Miranda Kerr

6. Erin Heatherton

7. Lindsay Ellingson

8. Lily Aldrisge

9. Behati Prinsloo

10. Karlie Kloss (Tbh I don't even find her remotely sexy or a good spokesperson at all as some people here claimI%20dont%20know.gif)

I somewhat question the credibility of this:

@Doutzen Talked about her H&M contract: “I’m so happy. When I met them, it was already like a second family. It was was so much fun, nice weather, relaxing.. And also with Terry Richardson, to work with him, so much fun. Other angels aren’t allowed to have big other contracts, but I’m an exception. We changed the contract a little bit. I just said: ‘I want to be able to work with H&M, or it’s over’. It was a little scary to say that, but it worked out. And I’m really happy with it, I know that they wanted to work with me for a long time but it wasn’t possible because of Victoria’s Secret.”

source: https://www.facebook...pe=1&permPage=1

If she did in fact say they, it speaks volumes about her being so forthcoming on her contract negotiations and so adamant to work with H&M. I have been wondering how she was able to front a campaign for a brand that sells practically everything VS sells.

Doutzen is doing amazing! Just today I walked past H&M and saw a big beautiful picture of Doutzen. She is truly untouchable as far as contracts go: Victoria's Secret + L'Oreal + Tiffany & Co. and now H&M. Others should take note.

It would have been crazy to see Doutzen and Miranda go at the same time!

Since people have made their lists on the spokesmodel skills, I'll make one based on sex appeal (which is truly the most important factor for VS)

1. Adriana Lima

2. Candice Swanepoel

3. Doutzen Kroes

4. Alessandra Ambrosio

5. Miranda Kerr

6. Erin Heatherton

7. Lindsay Ellingson

8. Lily Aldrisge

9. Behati Prinsloo

10. Karlie Kloss (Tbh I don't even find her remotely sexy or a good spokesperson at all as some people here claimI%20dont%20know.gif)

I wanna play :/ but I'm not factoring in sex appeal as sex appeal has zero baring on the decision a housewife from Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Montana (ect) going to the mall with her daughter(s) to buy a bra at VS. Mom, daughter and mom's friends don't walk into a VS and spontaneously squeal with delight because of Candice's arched back and the "I want to jump into bed with the nearest available person" look all over her face . . . In fact the sex appeal VS likes to shove down our throats seems more geared towards heterosexual men and lesbians (gotta get in that cash money)

1. Karlie Kloss (Natural)

2. Behati Prinsloo (Natural and witty)

3. Lindsay Ellingson (Natural)

4. Elsa Hosk (Sweet, relateabled, excited about sports, knows the product)

5. Erin Heatherton (A little forced, but when she's comfy with the product she sells it well)

6. Lily Alridge (See Erin)

7. Candice Swanepoel (Eye rolls and the need to appear to sell herself over the product. Once in awhile she's spot on)

8. Alessandra Ambrosio (God love her, but she's either hit or miss... "Alessandra what are you wearing?" Ale: "I don't know"... <--- it learns what it wears in public)

9. Doutzen Kroes (I pay almost no attention to her when she's selling anything, never a good sign)

10. Adriana Lima (O.o well.... dat accent, hypertension ticks in the form of exaggerated smiles and a louder then normal dispossession from time to time . . . and her accent makes me want to punch a kitten (Get MissLimaVzla accents which is so sweet and pretty please) . . . Adriana actually reminds me of a puppy, just all over the place. Beautiful lady, but when I'd rather hear Candice's over sexed, over saturated one-liners . . . yeah)

Not trying to be nosey but do you just not like Adriana in general? Just curious lol

Her public persona, style, accent, selling points, modeling skills (though sometimes she can pull a picture out of her ass that makes me smile), vs runway walk, level of intelligence, (yes I watched the video with Erin and Adriana and Adriana had no idea what dishwashing gloves were? Even if she was kidding it wasn't funny and made her come across as a little slower then the average person) and sex appeal: No

Her Looks: Yes

There is no denying she's a beautiful woman, you'd have to be blind not to see it, but every other thing about her just makes me stare on a level not quite seen. So no I don't dislike her, she brings me many many lolz every time she does just about anything and how can you dislike that.

Not trying to be nosey but do you just not like Adriana in general? Just curious lol

Prettyphile is right on all cylinders about her but the only thing he missed is the part where she mistreats various people. Watch any of the paparazzi-on-the-street videos and watch how she gives that nefarious right-eye *wink* move when she gets annoyed when they try to ask her questions. The same goes for her (poor, poor) fans.

The only thing I don't agree with is his stance on Lindsay. If reciting product placement in a robotic fashion is considered "natural" then she completely nails it. Trust me, ask her something not VS-related and SHE WILL MALFUNCTION.

@Doutzen Talked about her H&M contract: “I’m so happy. When I met them, it was already like a second family. It was was so much fun, nice weather, relaxing.. And also with Terry Richardson, to work with him, so much fun. Other angels aren’t allowed to have big other contracts, but I’m an exception. We changed the contract a little bit. I just said: ‘I want to be able to work with H&M, or it’s over’. It was a little scary to say that, but it worked out. And I’m really happy with it, I know that they wanted to work with me for a long time but it wasn’t possible because of Victoria’s Secret.”

If this is true particularly the bolded part I understand why the careers of VS models are now what they seem.

I'm legit surprised that Candice is not bigger right now. It appears she's the de facto head angel in Adriana's absence and considering how high profile she was last year (Paris & NY Fashion Week), VS promo tours and some campaigns.

I expected her to be on course for superstardom about now.

I read on some other blog and I concur that her career seems stagnated.

Almost every picture I see of Candice she's contorting in a bikini someplace for VS. That seems to be 95% of all she does now

She's appears to be more of a lingerie/swimwear model than the maligned Kate Upton!!!!!!!!!!!!!

True she's covered Vogue Espana this year but I honestly would have expected her career to have hit another level by now.

No one signs with IMG - home of Le Moss, Gisele et al - unless they are hungry!

Candice is with them, but her fellow IMG stable mates - Karlie Kloss, Jaon Smalls and Kate Upton seem to be shitting on her work wise right now. As is Doutzen. Doutzen has had Vogue editorials in UK Vogue and is now repping H & M along with Beyonce, Gisele

Colour me very surprised

I believe now that Candice'll likely have a career more like Adriana and Alessandra which is primarily working for VS and do some aside stuff rather than Gisele-like which was working for VS along with other stuff.

The only thing I don't agree with is his stance on Lindsay. If reciting product placement in a robotic fashion is considered "natural" then she completely nails it. Trust me, ask her something not VS-related and SHE WILL MALFUNCTION.

See I rarely pay attention to Lindsay when she's doing VS, or any other time for that fact, so I have no idea what her personality is like, however after reading your meet and greet with her I can tell you if I had met her and she'd pulled the same bullshit "omg things are supposed to be gorgeous and devil horns are evil" bullshit I would of probably would of went into total snark bitchfest on her . . . what's the worst they're going to do call security? or send me to jail? Been there done that. 07

The couple of interviews I've seen with Lindsay she came across as knowing the product, and all sweetness & light . . . Rest assured if you give me enough time and I'll probably grow to dislike the rainbows and kittens act (she seems very holy-roller and that's a HUGE no no in my books).

As for now I ignore her most of the time, catch her when I can and hope she doesn't go even more Marty Feldman on us all.

Adriana is a Gemini and they all seem to be flip floppy, their moods aren't like constant/stable, it really depends on a situation as to how they treat people. I think for one she does well. There are more people she is nice to than she has been "mean" to. I wouldn't sweat her attitude though, i've seen worse in the industry and I think her overall personality is a winner, imo.

Because if it was constantly bad, so many people wouldn't back her up. She beautiful but no one is beautiful enough to pull off a continuous bad attitude and still be liked as much as she is. She's not that beautiful lol.

As far as paps go, she does give them the cold shoulder now, she use to be playful and didn't mind but I guess after 13 years lol, its the same shit, different day. These people all up in your face, just to make money, following you and what not and not giving you space, if this is happening to you for years,you Can't continue to be a jolly camper just smiling and giggling. It gets old and you get over it. They are lucky she winks she could be like other celebs who make smart rude comments or hiding their faces or glaring at them.

And you also have to consider she isn't everyone's cup of tea. Some people may like her derpy, dorky, weirdness. Others may find it annoying. Over all I believe she is a good person, its just she is one of those people you can't run over and can be feisty if she needs to. She isn't a push over exactly, and you aren't going to always get your way with her. I'm still trying to figure out if I like that though, lol

I somewhat question the credibility of this:

source: https://www.facebook...pe=1&permPage=1

If she did in fact say they, it speaks volumes about her being so forthcoming on her contract negotiations and so adamant to work with H&M. I have been wondering how she was able to front a campaign for a brand that sells practically everything VS sells.

Well, that explains why her ad for H&M looks especially better than the other models' pictures. Hers looks more like a campaign a celeb would do.