Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

My, my, what a collection of scars you have. And what a big bad plutocratic lil' world this is! Neither savage nor wise! :woot:

Time to create a new government agency of self-proclaimed do-gooders!

It's common sense? Really. If it was common sense this wouldn't be allowed. But alas, it continues due to arrogance and ignorance exhibited. But lets agree to disagree. You are right, in a sense I do not know for 100% that she has a problem, just like you do not know 100% that she is completely healthy.

The main argument is people toting her the body to be, or what is sexy and healthy. She might be healthy, but her body tells a different story. She is as skinny as the girls in the institution. But you're right, we'll never know 100%.

My, my, what a collection of scars you have. And what a big bad plutocratic lil' world this is! Neither savage nor wise! :woot:

It's common sense? Really. If it was common sense this wouldn't be allowed. But alas, it continues due to arrogance and ignorance exhibited. But lets agree to disagree. You are right, in a sense I do not know for 100% that she has a problem, just like you do not know 100% that she is completely healthy.

The main argument is people toting her the body to be, or what is sexy and healthy. She might be healthy, but her body tells a different story. She is as skinny as the girls in the institution. But you're right, we'll never know 100%.

Jeisa was already a testament to that not necessarily being true. She manaaged to maintain full Cs while she was at her unhealthiest. Speaking of her,I always wonder what would have happened had she and heather not had scheduling conflicts with the 2007 show, which, is supposedly when Lindsay and Behati were two of the last minute bookings

Did you know that when you're anorexic or have a severe eating disorder the first thing to go is muscle mass.. not fat. Last I checked Karlie has quite defined legs, one of the few high fashion models to actually have muscle definition. Just because you're featured on a pro ana site doesn't mean you are anorexic or even supporting the movement.

So congratulations on your job, or whomever you work with, but if they have actually taken the time to say oh that model is sick.. then they should probably re-evulate their jobs. It's not their place to say just based on a few pictures that someone is unhealthy, so either you're lying out your ass, or they need to go back to school.

Anyways, I'm walking away from the base levels of stupidity here.. if you all want to believe that Karlie is promoting anorexia or bulimia, or hell the cocaine diet feel free, that just says something about yourself not her.

:clap:

This is sometimes better than a movie blockbuster.

or just be grateful! At the very least, your scars have the power to remind you that your past was real!

This tfs member (happycanadian) sums up perfectly in my opinion on the whole angel status.

IN MY OPINION, this is what should happen moving forward:

and it's time to let Adriana and Alessandra go. they're both legendary representatives for the brand and they both still look gorgeous and have many and more fans on this site who will disagree with me (i'm even a huge fan of them both, and have been for many years). but, i think everyone has a time when they can bow out. Heidi did it. Tyra did it. Gisele did it. it's been over a decade of working with VS. it's time.

Doutzen is looking the best she has in years. she's stunning. she's great for VS and has been great for them. but do people know her outside of fashion followers? has she really transcended into "STAR" the way that Heidi, Tyra, Gisele or Adriana have? no, not really. and i think she wants to, but i just don't think it's gonna happen. or it would have at some point over her extensive fashion and VS career.

and Miranda doesn't want to be there. you can tell! time. to. go. plus, she's utterly mindless in interviews. i love her as a model and i appreciate her street style, but seriously, she's not winning anyone over with her interviews.

Lindsay? she's been with VS for several years now and hasn't made even the slightest impact. bye bye.

Erin is beautiful, but she's dull and really only got famous for dating Leo. next.

Lily was fun and cool, but same thing -- contract Angel for years now and zero impact. adios señorita.

Lais is ridiculously pretty, but often her pictures are dull and have no energypost-64343-0-1446080649-41037_thumb.png. also, she's just not a personality. she isn't gonna be a STAR. if she were going to, we would've seen some hint of it by now.

SO, who stays?

Candice

Behati

Karlie

Barbara

and add one more:

Joan Smalls.

i know many of you will disagree with me, and that's awesome -- please, argue and debate and let me read your reasonings. this is a discussion forum; let's discuss! haha.

here are my reasons for the girls i've chosen.

CANDICE:

she really IS the current star of VS. her personality is more on the quiet side and i don't think she wants to be a big mega-brand. but she's absurdly hot, she's got the best body possible, she is ambitious in her fashion career, and she'll really take off once she's the sorta "head angel".

BEHATI:

famous boyfriend; check. great body; check. rock chic vibe; check. indie cool factor; check. she's really come into her own for the brand. she's got a different kinda energy and has that cool, hipster kinda sexiness that's natural and effortless.

KARLIE:

many people here and probably everywhere feel like she doesn't look the part. and there may be some truth to that. but, the girl IS. A. STAR. she's insanely driven. she wants to be a legit Supermodel. she is already branding out into hosting things. and she's versatile and interesting to look at. she doesn't blend into the crowd. she is the one who can take a VS contract and make it huge.

BARBARA:

she's still young. her youth and naivety is evident when she's interviewed or caught by paparazzi, but her pics for VS are utterly smouldering. she harkens back to Laetitia Casta. she has a body that straight men adore. trust me when i say that she will save the brand's appeal with men. she's just sultry. no getting around it. and in a couple of years, when she's super famous, she'll be even hotter.

JOAN SMALLS:

already a fashion superstar. she's American. she's creating her own brand. she has a fantastic personality and an awesome body and that face is stunning. i think she could be the most successful crossover fashion/commercial non-caucasian supermodel since Tyra.

NOW,

the only thing this formula is missing is the BAD GIRL. i mean, someone who just has a bit of a trampy, edgy, unguarded, wild-child aura. seriously - VS needs a Megan Fox kinda Angel. the "Naughty Angel". i've no idea if there's a working model out there who has this kinda vibe, i can't think of one off the top of my head. VS kinda had it with Rosie, but she split. any suggestions?

there are tons of great other models that we all love who will obviously continue to shoot for the catalogues and do the runway show and attend some events. they'll have some "Pink Girls", who are contracted that way. and they'll use Edita and Marloes and Magdalena and the ever-enduring-Izabel and a ton of other hot ladies for these purposes. but they won't be the SPOKESMODELS; the Angels.

-From The Fashion Spot

This tfs member (happycanadian) sums up perfectly in my opinion on the whole angel status.

NOW,

the only thing this formula is missing is the BAD GIRL. i mean, someone who just has a bit of a trampy, edgy, unguarded, wild-child aura. seriously - VS needs a Megan Fox kinda Angel. the "Naughty Angel". i've no idea if there's a working model out there who has this kinda vibe, i can't think of one off the top of my head. VS kinda had it with Rosie, but she split. any suggestions?

+1

NOW,

+1

but, i think everyone has a time when they can bow out. Heidi did it. Tyra did it. Gisele did it. it's been over a decade of working with VS. it's time.

Um just because they "bowed out of VS" doesn't mean Ale or Adriana have to do the same.

1. Rumor has it that Gisele wanted more money then VS was willing to shell out. So she left (and not on the best terms)...Plus she had a billion other products going on. Adriana and Ale seem happy with what they make, so money isn't a reason to leave

2. Tyra was working on her TV shows and she wanted to go back to school, neither of which Ale or Adriana have or want to do... so that's not a reason for them to leave

3. Heidi's body couldn't bounce back (lets be honest), and she also wanted to spend more time on her side products for TV and her clothing line. Again Adriana and Ale have neither and their bodies look amazing ... no reason to leave.

I think if Tyra, Heidi and Gisele didn't have other things they wanted to pursue or hadn't asked for more money they would of stuck around for a hell of a lot longer.

but, i think everyone has a time when they can bow out. Heidi did it. Tyra did it. Gisele did it. it's been over a decade of working with VS. it's time.

Um just because they "bowed out of VS" doesn't mean Ale or Adriana have to do the same.

1. Rumor has it that Gisele wanted more money then VS was willing to shell out. So she left (and not on the best terms)...Plus she had a billion other products going on. Adriana and Ale seem happy with what they make, so money isn't a reason to leave

2. Tyra was working on her TV shows and she wanted to go back to school, neither of which Ale or Adriana have or want to do... so that's not a reason for them to leave

3. Heidi's body couldn't bounce back (lets be honest), and she also wanted to spend more time on her side products for TV and her clothing line. Again Adriana and Ale have neither and their bodies look amazing ... no reason to leave.

I think if Tyra, Heidi and Gisele didn't have other things they wanted to pursue or hadn't asked for more money they would of stuck around for a hell of a lot longer.

Adriana's body hasn't exactly bounced back either.

^ Don't tell her uber fans that...(by uber fans I mean those who think she pisses rainbows and does no wrong :heart: Adriana :heart: zomg most perfect person in the world NO flawless)

I'm trying to be nice here. lol shh