Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Cherrybomb, we know you're a level headed Lima fan and I respected u because u are one of the few people here who can put up a debate/discussion here without making it into a mockery or something like that, but COME ON! There's no other way of putting why/how Adriana sells GQ or how half the men would rather go on a date with her than watch the most watched sports events in the world. It is what it is.

^Yes, and what it is is opinion - why must you persist in making it into fact? It's also hugely dependent on context, as has already been debated here: are you asking US citizens about watching a game (football) that is notoriously more loved outside of that country? Also I'm a GQ subscriber, British edition though, where interestingly Adriana (apart from a multiple-model VS cover for the 2008 show) hasn't graced it's cover - whilst Alessandra, Rosie, and Candice all have had individual ones in recent times. Outside of that VS tip so has Gisele, multiple times, plus other Brit-centric models such as Lara Stone (British husband) and Naomi Campbell. This would seem somewhat bad business sense, what with her being such a sure-fire fly-off-the-shelves winner, no?

Anyway - I digress. It's not my intention to fall into that argument... My point is I feel bad in singling Lima fans out, what with sterling members such as MissLimaVzla and cherrybomb being amongst them, but it is always this curious off-shoot - the Limanati - incessantly trying to prove how she is the best. Why does it matter so much to you?

If I'm not mistaken, this particular bout of 'Why Lima Is The Best' began with a simple comparison of popularity between Adriana and Miranda and, leaving aside the rights and wrongs of that contretemps, I just wonder where all the riled Miranda fans are to prove why she is more popular? Similarly, as it always seems to, Gisele's name soon came up - but yet again all her fans aren't clogging up a thread about VS to say how she is the ultimate supermodel and more famous than anyone else. Which they could legitimately do.

I don't know why stats, percentages and polls are so important to you - but I don't see them so rampantly on any other thread save for Kate Upton's, and at least her fans keep it within the confines of her own thread (and again, she's been mentioned in this discussion too yet her fans aren't banging their war-drums here either). It only seems to be the Limanati that need to show us naysayers how we are wrong by following false idols.

And what does it all prove? NOTHING. You can show me popularity contests all you like, with as near to 100% approval ratings as will make you feel safe and secure in your bias beliefs, but Adriana being top of them still isn't going to mean shit to me as I don't really like her. You know the famous Mark Twain line (attributed to Benjamin Disraeli): 'There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics'? That's what all this is - using numbers to force some kind of truth. A nonsense to trumpet opinion as fact. MissLimaVzla put it more succinctly earlier: 'Everyone will believe whatever the hell they want.' And she's right. Nowt you can do to make us see sense I'm afraid - we're a lost cause...

Cherrybomb, we know you're a level headed Lima fan and I respected u because u are one of the few people here who can put up a debate/discussion here without making it into a mockery or something like that, but COME ON! There's no other way of putting why/how Adriana sells GQ or how half the men would rather go on a date with her than watch the most watched sports events in the world. It is what it is.

^Yes, and what it is is opinion - why must you persist in making it into fact? It's also hugely dependent on context, as has already been debated here: are you asking US citizens about watching a game (football) that is notoriously more loved outside of that country? Also I'm a GQ subscriber, British edition though, where interestingly Adriana (apart from a multiple-model VS cover for the 2008 show) hasn't graced it's cover - whilst Alessandra, Rosie, and Candice all have had individual ones in recent times. Outside of that VS tip so has Gisele, multiple times, plus other Brit-centric models such as Lara Stone (British husband) and Naomi Campbell. This would seem somewhat bad business sense, what with her being such a sure-fire fly-off-the-shelves winner, no?

Anyway - I digress. It's not my intention to fall into that argument... My point is I feel bad in singling Lima fans out, what with sterling members such as MissLimaVzla and cherrybomb being amongst them, but it is always this curious off-shoot - the Limanati - incessantly trying to prove how she is the best. Why does it matter so much to you?

If I'm not mistaken, this particular bout of 'Why Lima Is The Best' began with a simple comparison of popularity between Adriana and Miranda and, leaving aside the rights and wrongs of that contretemps, I just wonder where all the riled Miranda fans are to prove why she is more popular? Similarly, as it always seems to, Gisele's name soon came up - but yet again all her fans aren't clogging up a thread about VS to say how she is the ultimate supermodel and more famous than anyone else. Which they could legitimately do.

I don't know why stats, percentages and polls are so important to you - but I don't see them so rampantly on any other thread save for Kate Upton's, and at least her fans keep it within the confines of her own thread (and again, she's been mentioned in this discussion too yet her fans aren't banging their war-drums here either). It only seems to be the Limanati that need to show us naysayers how we are wrong by following false idols.

And what does it all prove? NOTHING. You can show me popularity contests all you like, with as near to 100% approval ratings as will make you feel safe and secure in your bias beliefs, but Adriana being top of them still isn't going to mean shit to me as I don't really like her. You know the famous Mark Twain line (attributed to Benjamin Disraeli): 'There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics'? That's what all this is - using numbers to force some kind of truth. A nonsense to trumpet opinion as fact. MissLimaVzla put it more succinctly earlier: 'Everyone will believe whatever the hell they want.' And she's right. Nowt you can do to make us see sense I'm afraid - we're a lost cause...

Couldn't of been better said. Thank you Baron!

Famous last words?

Go Baron, Go Baron :dance: :D :flower::gocho::gocho::gocho:

And I actually think the million dollar bra looks pretty, but sad its not the VS one :/ But mehh, its dimonds incrested onto a bra, in my opinion, it can't realy be ugly :laugh:

And I hope I didn't speak too soon on the ale thing, but all signs of shooting ect all point to her. ;)

We have finally found the president for our League of Common Sense and Intelligence. The sceptre will be delivered in two weeks to your house B, please be sure to not leave for longer journeys :hug:

U certailny have them cheerleaders at your side. Since post like this is allowed, then ok.

Can u please explain to me what u mean about me persisting into making it into facts? I don't understand. Surely u are not talking about what I said about the GQ covers or the the poll, it would be pretty senseless to call those turnng opinions into facts since they are not my opinion. They are factcs, we usually call figures facts, so I don't know what part about that u refuse to ackowledge.

And I didn't ask any US citizen about watching a game they don't know much about. I didn't even bring the poll up. America is just one country, if not anything else, the poll only makes Adriana's status outside the US more clear...after all, it's being said time and again that a supermodel is not a supermodel if she is known only in one or two countries. And I just know u are not comparing US and UK GQ. Two very different editions. US is a bigger and more celebrity obsessed nation than UK, it would make sense more if models graced the UK cover than the US. that's it. Adriana has two covers, it's still speaks more volumes than the models with the UK covers, and I've never heard Ale and Candice and co selling those issues like Adriana did to her US covers... numbers speak for themselves.

Generally, Adriana fans visit this thread more than Gisele/Miranda/Kate fans -whether there's a debate or not- won't it make sense if they are also the ones posting more if there was a debate. I would think that's simple logic, but your take on the matter is welcome.

Regardless of whether Adriana fans are crazy or not, it still doesn't explain why almost everyone dislikes her to a point that not one debate can be made here when her name gets mentioned without everything automatically getting one sided. Used to wonder if it's the fans we dislike or the woman herself, or both (I don't wonder anymore, cause I don't curr). Still, the situation is kinda like, the enemy of my friend is my enemy. I don't give a rat's arse if only 5 people voted on that poll, the fact that they used Adriana's name alone in a country that not US says a lot. I also think u are wildly underestimating how little Adriana fans(me) care about what u think. And implying using numbers to prove something means nothing is just plain BS...numbers are what we have to prove or make studies, saying otherwise is what's bias. U can say statistics are lies and don't prove a thing all u want, that's your bread and butter,.. still doesn't make it true.

But hey U got the beautiful cheerleaders so :clap: :nicole:

Honestly dreamss I'm a big, huge, HUGE Adriana fan but this is just nonsense. Some people does not like Adriana & that's fine, they won't like her even she gets the cover of every single magazine on this planet. I think Candice looks like a cheap hooker & i don't care how hard VS keeps pushing her down my throat, some things will never change & everyone is entitled to have their own opinion... Just drop it, because it's getting you nowhere, is not that Baron has cheerleaders is just that everybody is tired of the same shit every time Adriana's name comes up, seriously even i don't like 80% of Adriana fans because they're fucking annoying with the same "She's the greatest thing that ever happened to this world" attitude, i love the woman & she will forever be my favorite model but she's far from perfect & from being as famous as her fans like to think she is. We live in a world where most people would rather watch the damn Kardashians than the VSFS if they had to chose

Honestly dreamss I'm a big, huge, HUGE Adriana fan but this is just nonsense. Some people does not like Adriana & that's fine, they won't like her even she gets the cover of every single magazine on this planet. I think Candice looks like a cheap hooker & i don't care how hard VS keeps pushing her down my throat, some things will never change & everyone is entitled to have their own opinion... Just drop it, because it's getting you nowhere, is not that Baron has cheerleaders is just that everybody is tired of the same shit every time Adriana's name comes up, seriously even i don't like 80% of Adriana fans because they're fucking annoying with the same "She's the greatest thing that ever happened to this world" attitude, i love the woman & she will forever be my favorite model but she's far from perfect & from being as famous as her fans like to think she is. We live in a world where most people would rather watch the damn Kardashians than the VSFS if they had to chose

I gets the point when one puts it like this. I honestly sincerely don't give a shit if people hate her...I'd just like a discussion where adriana's name is mentioned to be just a discussion without it being Limafan vs BZ. And she's no Megan Fox, fame wise, definitely not, no current working model is even, Bundchen, that's what I've been saying. Models being pop stars is so passe.

CASE CLOSED

I am your cheerleader too :hug:

Can u please explain to me what u mean about me persisting into making it into facts? I don't understand.

numbers speak for themselves.

^Only they don't do they? They need context - the part of my first paragraph that you chose not to highlight. Maybe that's what you don't understand? If I put a million dollars into a magazine with Adriana on the cover why do you think people will be buying it? Would it make any difference if Miranda, or anybody else, graced that cover instead? The quote about statistics wasn't to prove how much of a smart-arse I am, it was relevant because "facts", mean/median/mode, whatever, are open to interpretation - and therefore abuse.

Generally, Adriana fans visit this thread more than Gisele/Miranda/Kate fans -whether there's a debate or not- won't it make sense if they are also the ones posting more if there was a debate. I would think that's simple logic, but your take on the matter is welcome.

^I'm not sure what this means at all, since we're picking apart each other's argument. But I appreciate the patronising... post-11221-0-1446080304-33972_thumb.gif

Regardless of whether Adriana fans are crazy or not, it still doesn't explain why almost everyone dislikes her to a point that not one debate can be made here when her name gets mentioned without everything automatically getting one sided.

^Time was, I can assure you, that the Limanati were very much in the ascendancy. When I first started posting on this forum you couldn't question her omnipotence without suffering a barrage of abuse. But that acquiescence was not for me: 'To sin by silence, when we should protest, makes cowards out of men.' And so our struggle began!

That the balance may have shifted too far the other way is a valid discussion - but, I think, people don't dislike her so much as they dislike you (plural). To act the victim in this disregards the history of the Limanati on here. There are still plenty of you on Bellazon, I'm not arguing her immense popularity in that sense. But it matters not, the debate gets one sided because you persist in telling us how she's superior when it's just not necessary.

U certailny have them cheerleaders at your side.

But hey U got the beautiful cheerleaders so :clap: :nicole:

^Ummm, why the personal digs? I think this is totally unnecessary - especially as you are implying everybody should simply be following you and your stats.

I'd suggest that if you want to endear people to your arguments then you don't insult perfectly rational and free-thinking members by comparing them thusly.

Anyway, I tire of this. Gain pleasure, if you will, that she's possibly the most popular model on this forum, and that she has the most followers on whatever social-media site you care to dredge up. Good for her, good for you. We don't need to be proved somehow "wrong" in liking others. Indeed, we can't be.

post-11221-0-1446080304-38398_thumb.jpg

the bra that is worth 1 million dollar is okay! the only thing that bothers me is the color, I really hate the color gold & orange,

I would love to see Doutzen with the fantasy bra she has a gorgeous face. I would like to see her with a gorgeous fantasy bra not with caca fantasy bra.

Reading this thread is giving me a headache.

The attitude of many of the posters towards Adriana and/or her fans is childishly absurd. It makes me want to stan for her with every ounce strength in my body, not because I'm a fan, but just because 90% of people here are against her. I've noticed most members would take the side of absolutely any model when it comes to a debate involving Adriana. There are only a few people posting who are saying reasonable stuff about Adriana or any other model whether they like them or not. The rest are just on stand by waiting to applaud and congratulate anyone who disagrees with Adriana's people. I'm not taking the side of dreamss or any other member, I'm spreading what I think.

So what if the fans of the other models aren't posting as much as her fans? That's their business. It's not Adriana's people's fault they are more vocal and are more open to a debate than the others. Adriana fans shouldn't say she's the best because u disagree and u are tired of hearing it? I might be wrong but that's the vibe I am getting here. They are fans, it's whatt they do. To be quite frank, bias is coming from both directions here..

I am seriously regretting ever briningg up that poll.. I only mentioned it to make the point I Was making clearer, not to start a huge fuss. If anyone thinks the poll is just an opinion, search it on the Web, or better yet I can provide links for u. If that's not enough, I will bring the people that participated on the poll (jk). I've lived in Europe for the past few years, and let me tell u, only models famousT here are Kate and Naomi, the likes of Adriana and Gisele are known here and there (people really know them, especially Gisele) but that's about it, at least that's what I've noticed in all the places I've been to. Adriana is more popular among men, Everyone can deny it until the earth trembles. that's all i'll say about that. Gisele is my numero uno, but that isn't clouding my judgement. I don't know about u guys, but the who's-more-famous talk is annoying the shit outta me. I am not going there again.

How I wish we could have discussions where members post stuff without people's judgements being clouded by there strong feelings and passion about Adriana or any other model for that matter. But then again, life is unfair, my wish may not come through. I'm not here to be anyone's favorite girl, I'm only saying WHAT I think and I'll try to be civil with everyone.

I think I've already pushed things by even posting :ninja: ....won't be replyING to any responds.. Merci

^I think nobody here is against Adriana. I think she is one of the most beautiful women in the world, and she seems super sweet, and is just total bombshell. And it shouldn't feel like a personal attack,. But you are saying what you notice, and we are saying what we notice. There are two sides to things. Some may say Adriana is THE MOST KNOWN model in the world, and theres truth to that, and are others that say she is popular but she is not that well known, truth to that too.

And You think it may be saying that people are responding unciviley to adriana's fans arguments, but in these conversations, it seems YOU (plural, not all adriana fans "cherry" because I know there are many understanding) are also not being civil, because you are doing nothing but ignoring what everyone else has to say. To some adriana fans there is only one opinion and one fact, and that is theirs. THERE HAS TO BE A POINT WHERE YOU CAN SEE THAT MAYBE SOME OTHERS ARE RIGHT, AND ADRIANA ISN'T THE MOST RECONIZABLE PERSON IN THE WORLD, AND THAT THEIR IS TRUTH TO WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING.

And I am sorry already for commenting on it further. :/ But come on now.... Taking a cue from Baron on this one ;)

flogging-a-dead-horse-gif-i9.gif

I non VS related news :blink: ....It seems that the VS store in London WILL BE opening as planned ;)

There’s been an incredible buzz in London following the announcement that Victoria’s Secret was finally set to launch in the UK, in the form of two stores, one on London’s famous Bond Street and the other at London’s fairly new shopping destination, Westfield Stratford. The opening of the stores was initially planned to coincide with the Olympic Games, which meant that in hand with all of the fun pop up events and festivals planned to celebrate the games, Londoners would also be granted the extra special treat of having some of those beautiful Victoria’s Secret models wandering around the place. So, when the gossip mill churned out rumours last week that the launch would instead have to be pushed back to later in the year, boy, were we disappointed!

Fortunately, Victoria’s Secret model Miranda Kerr has spoken to Vogue UK to clear up speculations and confirmed that the Westfield Stratford store will be opening on the 24th July as planned, and it’s the Bond Street store that will follow a few weeks later than hoped. Victoria’s Secret is known to create some of the sexiest underwear in the world, and it’s clear that us Brits are dying to get our mitts on some as soon as possible.

WTF? Didn't VS said that the opening wasn't happening? That's in 10 days & we haven't heard anything about it, even for Puerto Rico we got news with some weeks in advance

WTF? Didn't VS said that the opening wasn't happening? That's in 10 days & we haven't heard anything about it, even for Puerto Rico we got news with some weeks in advance

Read it again. It says the other store not on Bond street (which is the big one, the major one, the Herald Sq. store of London) is the one that's opening and the Bond one will open later.