Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

The only models more famous than Adriana are Kate and maybe Gisele. A big maybe. She's considered one of the sexiest women of this last decade and has famously worked for brands in all over Europe, Brazil, America has endorsed food, cell phones, flowers, cosmetics etc. She's not even my favorite, but calling her less popular than Miranda is just foreign to me. I read her Wikipedia page yesterday, and I was just amazed by what she's accomplished.

Theres no maybe to it. Both models are more famous than Adriana. And thats not just within the U.S. but internationally as well. Moreover, the list of models more well-known than Adriana includes more than just two names (Heidi Klum, Naomi Campbell, and Tyra are just a few of the names that come to mind).

I think the maybe was for Gisele. Heidi and Tyra are not models anymore. Agree about Naomi.

I love how deluded people are. People recognize her face, they know her as the VS model with 'the black hair, blue eyes, big lips,' but the VAST majority of the population if you ask them who Adriana Lima is they will say 'who?' The average American does not give a fuck about models.

Kate Upton is gaining recognition for being 'hot' and being plastered all over men's mags, she's the only model working right now who I has a chance at being recognized by more than guys on men's blogs and women into fashion/modeling.

I'm seriously hoping this post isn't as crazy as u are. Not saying she's as famous a Kristen Stewart, but saying people know her only by her hair and lip etc. and not her name is ehhh...wrong. Then Americans are living in the 19th century or u need to go out more... You don't get to have two of the most talked about super bowl commercials this year, and be one of the most searched women on the Web if people don't give a fucks about u. I for one knew her name before I started getting interested in models and the industry. Even Miranda is doing her thing these days. I've mentioned in the 'supermodels' thread that only difference between models now and then is hype. These days, every person with a face can be famous.... Again, not saying LIma's some big international phenom. And I've stated that I'm not even that much of a fan...no bias.

Not trying to start anything, just how I see things. :flower:

Adriana is bigger in certain countries than in others. In the US, in her prime she topped some of the hot list charts, that mattered in terms of exposure on websites (fhm, maxim, etc) but I do believe people recognize her more by her features and through VS than they do her name. A lot of people in the US don't know who Adriana is, and they don't know who Alessandra or Candice are either. They might recognize them upon seeing a picture, but name wise... a lot of people really don't. Even some of the people that watch the Victoria's secret fashion show or see pictures of the girls on sports websites (as most of the VS models are often featured on SI hot clicks)--but even then, people might be able to remember previously seeing the face, but the name recognition isn't always there. A name like Gisele, most people have heard of.

Supermodels don't have the exposure, fame, and impact that they did in the 80s/90s. And someone said it in this thread a few posts ago, most people in America couldn't care less about fashion. They watch the VS show to see some hot women in lingerie, but really it's not on their mind after the show is over. Especially men. The majority of my friends don't even know who Candice is, face wise nor name wise..and she's been plastered everywhere through VS. Adriana has been a veteran, and yet some of them either recognize her face and don't know her name or they might have heard the name but can't assign a face.

Adriana is bigger in certain countries than in others. In the US, in her prime she topped some of the hot list charts, that mattered in terms of exposure on websites (fhm, maxim, etc) but I do believe people recognize her more by her features and through VS than they do her name. A lot of people in the US don't know who Adriana is, and they don't know who Alessandra or Candice are either. They might recognize them upon seeing a picture, but name wise... a lot of people really don't. Even some of the people that watch the Victoria's secret fashion show or see pictures of the girls on sports websites (as most of the VS models are often featured on SI hot clicks)--but even then, people might be able to remember previously seeing the face, but the name recognition isn't always there. A name like Gisele, most people have heard of.

Supermodels don't have the exposure, fame, and impact that they did in the 80s/90s. And someone said it in this thread a few posts ago, most people in America couldn't care less about fashion. They watch the VS show to see some hot women in lingerie, but really it's not on their mind after the show is over. Especially men. The majority of my friends don't even know who Candice is, face wise nor name wise..and she's been plastered everywhere through VS. Adriana has been a veteran, and yet some of them either recognize her face and don't know her name or they might have heard the name but can't assign a face.

Nooo :chicken: cherrybomb, stop assuming that Adriana isn´t the Holliest of Them All!! EVERYONE knows her right? RIGHT? All the other lunatics claiming otherwise are just crazy!

That is the true!

I love how deluded people are. People recognize her face, they know her as the VS model with 'the black hair, blue eyes, big lips,' but the VAST majority of the population if you ask them who Adriana Lima is they will say 'who?' The average American does not give a fuck about models.

Kate Upton is gaining recognition for being 'hot' and being plastered all over men's mags, she's the only model working right now who I has a chance at being recognized by more than guys on men's blogs and women into fashion/modeling.

I'm seriously hoping this post isn't as crazy as u are. Not saying she's as famous a Kristen Stewart, but saying people know her only by her hair and lip etc. and not her name is ehhh...wrong. Then Americans are living in the 19th century or u need to go out more... You don't get to have two of the most talked about super bowl commercials this year, and be one of the most searched women on the Web if people don't give a fucks about u. I for one knew her name before I started getting interested in models and the industry. Even Miranda is doing her thing these days. I've mentioned in the 'supermodels' thread that only difference between models now and then is hype. These days, every person with a face can be famous.... Again, not saying LIma's some big international phenom. And I've stated that I'm not even that much of a fan...no bias.

Do-not-call-Ana-crazy. Ever. Once again, and I´m gonna bite you. I´m having a dinosaur with huge pink hemorrhoids behind my back. You don´t want him to get angry, trust me. He can get pretty nasty.

post-3761-0-1446080287-91557_thumb.png

These days, every person with a face can be famous....

I have a chance to become famous then :shock: joking :p or not...

Anyway, I didn't know they are about to open the first VS London store... does anyone know who did they want (which models) to go there for the opening? Supposedly there is also a new VS boutique about to open in my city but the date was not announced... I wonder if they would have models at that opening? Somehow I doubt it but keep me reported on that ;)

Cherry u speak the truth. Gisele is definitely more known in America than the other models. It used to be Heidi but she aint a model anymore. When Gisele became an angel at a time when people actually cared about the angels, and when they had big names like Heidi and Tyra. Most of the angels back then were pretty well known. She also dated few of the most famous american men and did commercials for the likes of Apple. Her fame in the US is undeniable. IMO, in the US, she's known as Tom Brady's wife. Also, I think she like owns Brazil. She could very well run for presidency in that country and win lol.

Adriana imo, is not as big as Gisele in the US. That not to say she isn't known. I think she's more of a big deal in Europe. I remember seeing pictures of paparazzi hounding over her in the streets of Italy when she visited there back in 2005(?). She's obviously a celeb in Trukey and a few other countries. I don't think she's more famous than Gisele though

Preach sista, Preach...don't ever stop.

U gotta be careful, tho....u probably didn't read the unwritten law of BZ. U are soon gonna be labeled crazy if u don't stop preaching about Adriana this instant.

Preach sista, Preach...don't ever stop.

U gotta be careful, tho....u probably didn't read the unwritten law of BZ. U are soon gonna be labeled crazy if u don't stop preaching about Adriana this instant.

Too late :pinky:

I think it might just be you, a few of the pictures her face looks a little wider than usual, but most of them not so much IMO. And was Candice not supposed to participate in this event? Can't imagine VS wouldn't include her in an event like this ..intentionally.. :cain: :brows:

And was Candice not supposed to participate in this event? Can't imagine VS wouldn't include her in an event like this ..intentionally.. :cain: :brows:

"Stay tuned 4 ‪#SupermodelCycle‬ charity bike ride pix w @AngelCandice, @ErinHeatherton, @LindzEllingson, @ArlenisSosa, @Doutzen, @BeePrinsloo."

-twitter.com/VictoriasSecret

I'm guessing something conflicted last minute on her end.

I guess I haven't been keeping up. Is she officially an Angel then? I'm not a fan at all. I know VS is through with Chanel, don't particularly like her either...but I'd still keep her over Arlenis. and ha..I didn't even recall /remember that she ever walked VSFS, apparently both in 08 and 09.

I find it funny that everyone is paying attention to Arlenis Sosa now, yet back when she walked in the VSFS she didn't even make a blip on anyone's radar. :rofl:

Trendy is as trendy does :clobber:

So true. I remember prior to the 2008 show, Arlenis was receving a decent amount of buzzfrom people outside of fashion forums as a black Latina had just signed a major cosmetics deal. She has alot of potential (and still does) and a great personality which is why I was somewhat surprised that VS opted to give her one outfit and didn't even include her in the PINK section even though most of her work with the company at the time as with the sub-brand. Then she seemed to fall off of VS's rador, with Emanuela supposedly being signed and with Chanel's arrival to the lineup (and then of course there was Gracie, then Aminata, then Lais, etc).

I woudlnt be surprised if VS puts her on the backburner once again in favor of Jourdan or Jasmine