Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

oh wow Daiane is beautiful I would like to see her instead of Arlenis as the new black token angel.

not trying to be a pain in the butt, but really Lindsay is 25 not 28, the girl was born on november 19, 1986.

for real adriana's fan need to be realistic she needs to go she is already 31, same with alessandra

they are old in the modeling world, they are young in the real world, is time to see Breigje, Shanina, and Barbara as new angels.

hopefully the 3 of them (adri, ale,randa) should stop modeling for them. Is time to see new angels and move on without adri, ale, they been modeling for vs more than 10 years that is a whole decade right there.

I can't help but agree, as much as a fan I was of Adriana and Alessandra, that was 6, 7 years ago. I am astounded to see that the 5 subforums are still the same girls as they were 8 years ago. They should all be molded into one thread, and I can think of a few girls who would benefit from having there own sub forums . . . Bar, Rosie, Kate, Candice even.

I really don't know /care if this poster even has any merit but for conversation's sake I think Lindsay Ellingson looks old for her age. I discounted her, but I think she could and maybe even should be let go. I've tried hard to like her, but in the midst of the other blondies (candice and erin) she just gets lost/becomes irrelevant. She looked awful in the face at the VSFS2011. Just my opinion of course.

Your opinion is the wrong one, tho.

^ :rofl:

post-44557-0-1446080273-04116_thumb.jpg

come. on. Even Lindsay fans who think she looks better otherwise might agree.

I don't agree at all nor see it.

Emanuela and Gracie are both half black. I think Lais is black and Indigenous, which is probably the same thing as Arlenis. Chanel is three-fourths African American. Given the city that she is from, Diane is atleast part black. Its important to remember that the vast majority of blacks in the Americas has ancestry that is non-African.

This is going to sound awful because there is no way to judge what is 'black enough,' but if you are going to have a 'token black girl' I'd like for it to be darker. They are half-assing it by choosing girls who aren't darker, because they appeal to broader demographic. Fuck that. I want beautiful ebony goddesses like before when they had Oluchi Onweagba and Kiara Kabukuru. Using girls who are lighter, although beautiful, reinforces the stereotype (that exists even within the black community) that the lighter you are, the more beautiful you are. There is nothing wrong with having lighter skinned black women of African ancestry, but that should not be the default to fill the racial quota.

I'm not here for that corporate racism bullshit.

Gaye McDonald tried out last year for the show and I was heart broken she didn't get it. Someone like her is someone I can see all over the catalogue and ripping up the runway. She's beautiful, super cute in interviews, and looks fantastic in motion.

post-3451-0-1446080274-31131_thumb.jpg

post-3451-0-1446080274-75644_thumb.jpg

post-3451-0-1446080275-27849_thumb.jpg

post-3451-0-1446080275-72013_thumb.jpg

oh wow Daiane is beautiful I would like to see her instead of Arlenis as the new black token angel.

not trying to be a pain in the butt, but really Lindsay is 25 not 28, the girl was born on november 19, 1986.

for real adriana's fan need to be realistic she needs to go she is already 31, same with alessandra

they are old in the modeling world, they are young in the real world, is time to see Breigje, Shanina, and Barbara as new angels.

hopefully the 3 of them (adri, ale,randa) should stop modeling for them. Is time to see new angels and move on without adri, ale, they been modeling for vs more than 10 years that is a whole decade right there.

Lindsay is 27 almost 28

I love your business model.

1. Lets not promote the idea that even at the 30 you can be sexy and buy lingerie. That totally won't alienate a portion of our market. NOW we can focus on selling thongs to 11yr olds!

2. Get rid of all of the models who people associate with VS by name or face value. Who needs a recognizable face, right?

3. Get girls who have just emerged for working with VS and have not proven themselves to be able to carry a company. It's not like we need to test them out and make sure the masses are going to be receptive to them over a long period of time.

:mellow:

I was going to say something but then i saw AnaBBarronFan's avatar & i got too hyper to make any comment ...I went to the opening night & i almost died, it's like too much in one movie.

Lindsay is not 28? If her real age is 25, I wasn't aware of that...I just went by what I saw on Wikipedia, and it said she turns 28 this November. But I do agree that sooner rather than later Adriana and Alessandra should leave. But I've heard Adriana say she wants to stay there as long as she can, which I don't really like. Modeling for VS and walking the VSFS into your late 30s? No thanks.

I was going to say something but then i saw AnaBBarronFan's avatar & i got too hyper to make any comment ...I went to the opening night & i almost died, it's like too much in one movie.

:laugh: I want to see magik mike! I'm surprised the reviews were so rave, because honestly, a movie revolving around channing tatum/matthew M playing male strippers? :ermm: I expected it to just be about the eye candy, but all the reviews I've read so far have claimed that the eyecandy was just a bonus, and the movie was actually good. I just have to watch it for Bomer :drool:

There used to be a typo on Wikipedia that said her birthyear was 1986. It's actually 1984, as she has stated multiple times that she was 20 when starting out in the modeling business, which was in late 2004/early 2005.