Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Ask Heidi..

I hate this conversation because you have a bunch of fans who refuse to acknowledge any possibility that doesn't fit in with the Deli Lima theory.

Lindsay is 27 or 28, Adriana and Alessandra are both 31/32? And Miranda is 28 I believe... so theoretically it could be any of them, and sadly once they leave VS, they will probably all fade into obscurity with the exception of Miranda due to her husband and her makeup line, but that is still a big maybe. Lindsay and Alessandra at least both are still working to some extent outside of VS, I'm not quite certain what Adriana has.

Regardless this conversation is like beating a dead horse, none of you want to see anything outside of your narrow perspective of an opinion, which is cool. I personally don't give two shits who stays or who goes, I'm more interested on who is coming in. I'm almost willing to say replace the entire roster, they're all blending into one another. I honestly wouldn't be willing to say a single girl that they currently have an as "Angel" has any real star power.

I don't understand why you can't just accept that some people don't think Adriana is going to be let go. IT doesn't have to be because they are fans... if you actually take the time to read everyone's posts you would see their reasonings and explanations for thinking VS won't let Adriana go. What is it to you if we want to think that? This is all a rumor and not even factual, are we asking you to think that it's not Adriana? Or trying to get you to change your mind? No.

Nobody knows what the deal actually is, and we're all only giving our opinions. I even acknowledged that although I don't think Adriana will be let go right now, I think it could very well happen in 2013, depending on how she handles getting back in shape. Not everyone who doesn't think what you do is a narrow minded fan or bias.

So why is it necessary for anyone to come in here wishing to talk sh*t about Adriana fans, when they could easily not comment? The conversation was civil, of course it won't be acknowledged becuase you guys have some type of ties to each other but why is it necessary to always want to comment on Adriana whenever you can if you don't like her?

This shouldn't be deleted because I'm simply asking you a question. It's ridiculous.

So why is it necessary for anyone to come in here wishing to talk sh*t about Adriana fans, when they could easily not comment? The conversation was civil, of course it won't be acknowledged becuase you guys have some type of ties to each other but why is it necessary to always want to comment on Adriana whenever you can if you don't like her?

This shouldn't be deleted because I'm simply asking you a question. It's ridiculous.

No one was talking shit about Adriana, at least not coming from my end. I was simply pointing out that there are numerous girls who could theoretically be dropped due to their age. The point I was making is that some of the Adriana fans, not naming any names come across as having a very narrow minded outlook, where they refuse to admit to even the possibility that Adriana may not be with the company forever.

I'm sorry if what I said came across as abrasive, but it is an incredibly frustrating thing when you try to have a conversation. It doesn't seem like a conversation when you're looking at someone who refuses to acknowledge any points you make.

As for bringing Prettyphile into this, there was absolutely on reason to do so. She cleaned that up because we were digressing into personal attacks, that had no relevance to the conversation at hand. Yes we are friends, but that doesn't mean that she doesn't keep an unbiased opinion when it comes to stupidity, and my last post was uncalled for and inappropriate, so I asked her to come remove it. She seems to have felt that you're previous post which brought about mine was also uncalled for.

I don't CARE if you talk shit about Adriana. I don't think you understand that. I have NEVER cared what anyone thinks or says about Adriana, I've never thought her to be perfect. I listed my reasons for why I don't think she'll be dropped. So you tell me how someone doing that automatically means that they're blind fans and refuse to see otherwise? Most of the people posting in here were not even saying that she'll never be kicked out. I sure as hell was not, I was saying just the opposite. I think it's equally frustrating that you go to threads and seem to want to comment about Adriana's fans every chance that you get. Why? Sometimes it's funny, Baron made a thread about Adriana's psycho fans and I laughed, it was hilarious, I do NOT care about people observing and talking about the truth. But you seem to do this everywhere and then when there's arguments or conflicts you act like it's on Everyone but you.

Also I'm not sure how you can assert that I'm narrow minded, if you've ever actually looked at my posts instead of judging me on the sole basis that I don't love Kate and happen to be a fan of Adriana's, you would realize that I do not speak of her as though she is the holy grail. I don't even expect everyone to like her, I can even understand why people don't and why people think her fans are crazy. But what I don't understand is why all of her fans are deemed as crazy and can't have an opinion that's differing from yours. It's not "beating a dead horse" as you say, and if you truly think it's dead- then why do you keep beating it? .

I appreciate your post, but don't appreciate that you decided to call Me narrowminded and what not when you yourself were being narrowminded in accepting my explanation/opinion because it was not in line with yours. I apologize for the common sense line, it was unnecessary and was prompted by the fact that I felt you do not care to differentiate between your reasons for why you think people say things and why they actually do. That's an explanation, not a justification.The reason I made a comment about Prettyphile, is because this mess was not one sided, at least not in my opinion. But everytime there's a debate or argument between me and anybody or even me and her, I'm called out and then not allowed to respond. Or my posts are deleted. If she was going to delete these comments, I don't know why she wouldn't delete the entire back and forth we had opposed to leaving your comment about "beating a dead horse...case rested"

Either way, water under the bridge now. Thanks again and good day.

For the record this is an explanation, I'm not attempting to argue. I hope it came off cordial enough.

Adriana can never win in this place.

This place is also becoming very hard to breathe, some comments that get deleted always have me go back and read the site's rules and regulation... I just can't...

phenobarbie, since u keep mentioning how Adriana is doing nothing outside of VS and the other are at least doing something to keep them relevant(?) What exactly are the others doing? Aside from Doutzen who stands very strong in the high fashion world and also has a L'Oreal contract among other things, what is Lindsay, Miranda, Alessandra doing?

Other than VS, I don't see anything else Lindsay is doing that is worth mentioning.

Alessandra ok, she has colcci which if I'm not wrong, her contract is also up. She also has that Brazllian company she's working with and a few other reasonably good projects.

Miranda has her skincare - something I almost always forget she has- it will give her a steady paycheck after she leaves VS, (or vice versa). But it's hardly gonna keep her relevant, not in the press, it won't. If forbes is correct, she earned $4 million in the past 12 months. A lot of that came from VS and maybe David Jones pays her quarter of the 4 million. So I'd like to know how much she makes from her skincare line. Gisele Bundchen's footwear line among other things, is making her millions, but it's her modeling gigs that's making the general public and the press still interested in her. Kathy Ireland is the richest 'model' in the world, but u never hear a thing about her. Her high fashion fashion is nothing memorable and HF pays in cents

All Miranda will have after VS drops her is her husband, (who by the way can do next to nothing for her if u want to talk about relevance) and the paparazzi, but I don't know how long they would stick around. She could still get some decent work at her hometown (David Jones). As MissLima mentioned, VS is her biggest client.

Adriana on the other hand only this year, did two superbowl commercials, is now working with/for Mavi jeans wolrdwide, appeared in Visionaire and was in the Schiaparelli and Prada Costume Institute catalog. A magazine cover and a few editorials. Compared to the others she's doing a lot. After she leaves VS though, I don't think she'd stay relevant if she doesn't do more than she's doing. Most of the girls will just disappear into thin air.

I don't mean to play the fame game, but Adriana has more star power than all the other girls (including Miranda). That's the major reason why she's still around. If Miranda had that much star power, her position at VS would be...different. Adriana is pregnant and has disappeared into thin air, but people are still interested in her than the others. VS practically gave Adriana her own campaign after she returned from her pregnancy. She became one of the most searched women on the web. Heck the chief marketing officer for Teleflora said she bounced the selection of Adrina off her focus group at home. So If star power and popularity/fame means how many times paparazzi can follow u in a day, then Miranda is our girl. If it's about how one can move products and get people to talk about her even when you're not around, then Adriana is our girl.

Miranda does have a lot of "star recognition" whether it's due to her husband or not, I can't say and I don't care. But she's in many ways more talked about than Adriana, (now. Maybe not years ago when Adriana was in her prime). Adriana might still be recognized as the biggest name in VS, I don't doubt that but whether on twitter, Tumblr, gossip sites, etc...Miranda is everywhere and she seems to be relatable (not so much personality wise). I think Miranda would stay more "relevant" than Adriana would if they both left VS. Partly due to the simple fact that she would actually be spotted outdoors. It's rare to get papparazi pics of Adriana, and I don't see her working much post-VS, even if by choice.

Are people really getting their panties in a twist over a random tweet from someone who could be a 50-year-old living in his mother's basement?

At the end of the day, if someone is leaving, we'll know soon enough.

^Exactly, I just posted the tweet for a little fun, because someone claims the person is legit. so lets keep it in all good fun :)

cherrybomb: I get what your saying, and I know your not one of those "super crazed" adriana fans. But I think some of those fans still can't come to terms that Adriana and VS are gonna part ways at some point :blink:

And no one talked about the other tweet. Who is going to become the next angel?? :brows:

Uhh, Cherrybomb Miranda isn't more talked about than Adriana. Not on the web, she isn't. I'm talking facts here, not my opinion, so I'm not being a crazy Adriana fan here. I use twitter a lot, and I have never seen Miranda trending there. Maybe it had happened but I've never seen it. Adriana however has trended on twitter more than once. That says a lot.

On facebook at the moment, 110,349 people are talking about Adriana. 6,306 are talking about Miranda. So she's not more talked about there too.

When you use google trends, Adriana seems to be more searched than Miranda all over the world. She has a higher search volume and new refernce

http://www.google.com/trends/?q=Adriana+Lima,+Miranda+Kerr

http://www.google.com/trends/?q=Miranda+Kerr,+Adriana+Lima&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

So I don't... other having more paparazzi shots, I don't see where she's more relevant than Adriana. Maybe tumblr because I don't have one and I don't know.

Adriana trended during the VSFS and while she was in nationally aired commercials for the superbowl. That's expected. I'm pretty sure Miranda trended during the VSFS too. I know that Adriana has more fans than Miranda on facebook and maybe she has more followers on twitter, but all I'm saying is that Miranda seems to be more popular as far as news outlets and Tumblr go. Adriana has an extremely big fan base, not to say she's not popular, she obviously is one of the most well recognized models and looks wise, might be referred to more. But IMO people care to keep up with Miranda/look up news in regards to her more than they do Adriana. I don't think there's a way to "prove" anything one way or another, I'm not saying Adriana isn't popular or trying to bash her. I've just found over time, especially recently...Miranda attracts more comments/people than Adriana does.

In other news,

Alexander Skarsgard now dating Anne

Vyalitsyna? Oh boy

:rofl:

Dreamss: Sure adriana has a larger fan base than miranda, but there is no doubt news,magazines, and media outlets are more interested in miranda. (personally I think thats mirandas own doing by calling the paps all the time, but still)

anywho for the new model, I was also thinking perhaps Bregje or barbara. But VS has a reputation of being a little random, so I bet they're next angel will be a girl whos modeling for them, like, once :p

Didn't know weather to post this in this thread, or the other VS one but ahhh well :)

@amodelanonymous: Which @VictoriasSecret is getting quietly stripped of her wings because she's getting 'too old'?

@amodelanonymous: ...in better news. I have the exclusive on who the new VS girls will be!

I have a feeling it might be Miranda.

I think most of you forgotten about Lily. She should leave. She has zero sex appeal, doesn't sell any products well, boring catwalk, boring personality etc.