Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Ah, fair enough :yes: It's by far the most common complaint in regards to Barbara having the total package. Her face either comes off as too baby-ish, or just awkward in shape/look for some, especially her smile for many.

Her face always seemed off to me, I can't exactly put my finger on it but it has to do with the depth and angle of her eyes, shape of her nose, and width position of her mouth in relation to her chin (sounds like most of her face, doesn't it? Shit. :rofl:). I figure she looks young because she IS young, no? How old is she, actually? :huh:

Butter face? :rofl:

^Ahh I see. Kinda figured :/ I think chanels about over and done with for VS. I think the only reason they are still working together, is because shes the only african american angel (not being racist, its true.)

Arlenis appeared in the 2008 VSFS and the Biofit campaign in late 2010. She and all the other cycle girls (besides Lindsay) shot with Russell James recently for VSX (shot posted on the previous page) so maybe that's why she's there.

And yeah, ever since the late Selita years, VS has had a hard time picking a token black Angel, Emanuela de Paula, Arlenis Sosa, Lais Ribeiro and maybe even Gracie Carvahlo and Jasmine Tookes have been considered other than Chanel from the looks of it.

This is what happened: They put the names of all their current black models in a pool & they took one to see who was going to be the Token Girl & it happened to be Arlenis.

If it was up to me i would make Lais an Angel but somehow i think they'll just keep rotating girls for a while

Oh dear. That shot of Arlenis for the supermodel cycle event, is just terrible. I prefer Lais to Arlenis.

Does anyone else want Maryna to be an angel? I'm split. I love her HF work and don't want her to go into VS because it will limit her other work (although I'm positive if given the opportunity she would take it) She's young, but one thing about Maryna is she does not look as young as she is. Anyway I think during the shows she has the perfect look, she's kind of rough in some catalog shots, and her english is pretty bad...but I don't know. It's possible.

This is what happened: They put the names of all their current black models in a pool & they took one to see who was going to be the Token Girl & it happened to be Arlenis.

That's probably not far from what they really do :whistle: I wouldnt be surprised if we saw Jasmine or Anais in a commercial/campaign before the next show.

I dont understand why they were in such a hurry to make Chanel an Angel. She was practically signed once her (second or third) 18th birthday. She was clealry very small-framed from the beginning which became obvious whenever she was in campaigns with the others. I kind of feel bad for her being put on the backburner though, as she has recently gotten alittle fuller.

I remember reading something about them wanting her as an Angel since she was like 15. But I do think they should have taken the Behati route and get her a sizable PINK following before crossing over to main line, not after.

ETA: Found it

Ed Razek, president of Victoria's Secret, is amused that the fashion world is rediscovering boldface models, who, naturally, have to have a few years under her belt to become famous.

The first time he met Chanel Iman, she was already considered an It Girl in the fashion world, starting on the runways at 15. But she was too scrawny and young, Razek recalls. Now at age 20 she has a lucrative Victoria's Secret contract.

"She promised in the next year, she'd grow curves — and she did," Razek says.

http://thedailynewsonline.com/lifestyles/features/article_d7474047-a18f-57a0-ba46-db318b7915c8.html

Didn't know weather to post this in this thread, or the other VS one but ahhh well :)

@amodelanonymous: Which @VictoriasSecret is getting quietly stripped of her wings because she's getting 'too old'?

@amodelanonymous: ...in better news. I have the exclusive on who the new VS girls will be!