Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Hm... What?

They always had plenty of working models even far, far back. I mean Yasmeen, Stephanie, Karen, Tyra, Daniela, Laetitia, Heidi, Ines were all contracted at around the same time and there were quite a few other models in their catalogs back then.

Right now they have 7 active Angels and 3 preggers, plus a few other models in the catalog, I don't see that much difference...

And VS's profit has been going up those past few years, too.

Looks like Toni got the Ale Treatment for the Dream Angels commercial. She filmed it and did the behind the scenes video, but she isn't in the 15 second cut.

At least Doutzen gets one second of glory.

so Wierd!! that Toni is doing events, i mean if they regret that she is not an Angel , what is she doing in events??? all the events are done by only Angels....maybe like appereance in Pink with Elsa Hosk but for VS ? so confused...

It's the neverending question isn't it? Who's an Angel?

Once upon a time it was easy:

The Angels were Stephanie Seymour, Helena Christensen, Daniela Pestova, Karen Mulder and Tyra Banks (with Laetitia Casta instead of Helena in the 1997 Christmas commercial and Chandra North instead of Helena on the 1998 runway). Then it began describing the contracted models and along came Ines Rivero, Laetitia Casta, Heidi Klum, Gisele Bundchen and Adriana Lima. Then they did an Angel tour confirming it was Tyra, Heidi, Gisele, Adriana and PINK Angel Alessandra. The following years they were credited at the fashion show (Karolina Kurkova, Selita Ebanks, Izabel Goulart, Miranda Kerr, Marisa Miller, Doutzen Kroes) and announced via the press.

And then, this happened. Everyone was wondering what was going on, why the number of Angels had suddendly dubbled... Thanksfully, insightful insiders and a retcon to "New Faces" (sounds familiar?) calmed us down...

Until... This happened

Why wasn't Chanel Iman listed? Why wasn't Emanuela De Paula there at all. Why was Erin Heatherton of all people listed? But again, insightful insiders told us it was just a mistake. And it calmed us down.

And then this happened. (Although at the time it was just Heidi, Doutzen, Ale, Adriana, Miranda, Marisa and PINK girl/PINK Angel, depending on whom you asked, Behati Prinsloo. Marisa disappeared, then reappeared. Lindsay Ellingson, Candice Swanepoel and Rosie Huntington then appeared on the page. Then Erin Heatherton and Chanel Iman. Then Lily Aldridge. Then Heidi dropped off, then Marisa.) and insightful insiders told us that only Candice and maybe Rosie were Angels and we were, like, "Mkay... Sure."

And then this happened. And also over the course of the show Adriana, Ale, Behati, Candice, Rosie, Erin, Chanel and Lily were credited and talked. And also they were listed as the "Angel line-up" on VS All Access. So people started saying they were all Angels and as for Lindsay, your guess is as good as mine.

And then this happened. And there was Lais Ribeiro. And she wasn't in the Angel line-up (Lindsay was, in case you were wondering). And she never talked and we were, like, "Is you tryna try me VS? Is you?" Especially since along the way, such diverse models as Arlenis Sosa and Anne V had been listed as Angel. BY VS ITSELF.

And now they introduce new Angel Toni Garrn, only to delete the tweet and say "New Face". And Models.com does the same...

So, I'm gonna guess that VS purposedly mistweeted, to test the waters as they did before and that Toni, while not an Angel, is a front-runner for the next contract to be given.

As of now, I'd say:

Angel line-up = Angels

Fashion show credits = Angels + random girl that's in the commercial

Meet Our Angels events = Angels and Toni only, the not-yet Angel usually get Meet Our Bombshells or Meet Our Supermodels or with *random athlete* and PINK Model Elsa (Hosk)

VS All Access = Angels + Rosie cause it's never updated

The press = Evil and never to be believed

As of now

"Active Angels": Miranda Kerr, Doutzen Kroes, Behati Prinsloo, Candice Swanepoe, Erin Heathertonl, Lindsay Ellingson and, officially, Chanel Iman.

On leave: Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Lily Aldridge

Never coming back: Rosie Huntington-Whiteley

PINK models: Behati Prinsloo, Chanel Iman, Elsa Hosk

In the running: Lais Ribeiro, le-sigh Karlie Kloss, Toni Garrn, Jasmine Tookes

so Wierd!! that Toni is doing events, i mean if they regret that she is not an Angel , what is she doing in events??? all the events are done by only Angels....maybe like appereance in Pink with Elsa Hosk but for VS ? so confused...

I know, I'm confused as well. They usually only have angels do these, expecially with other angels. She looked gorgeous, but I'm a little puzzled!

post-51132-0-1446080217-93871_thumb.jpg

VS please make Barbara Palvin an angel. She is sexy and beautiful, what more can you want from such a gorgeous model.

I think she is so much better than Toni Garnn. Barbara has a very nice butt. I think I am in love with Barbara, look how well she looks with Angel Erin, Barbara looks like an angel too, Just by seen this picture I would have think Barbara is an angel.