Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

^I know it definetly depends on what the model wants, just always wondered why they decided to take it easy on high fashion after they got with VS, if they lost interest ect.

And it sure seems that way Siemgi:

The formerly high fashion ones become commercial and vice versa...

It probably has more to do with the money, HF job don't pay that well & they tend to be more demanding when it comes to looks i.e: bleaching eyebrows, chop your hair for a photoshoot, etc. & especially Fashion Weeks seem to be a pain in the butt for 99% of models as once they reach certain level they all stop doing it. VS gives them good money & while they are more demanding with their time is not an awfully stressful job i guess.

^Yeah, like you haven't got a life-size Lindsay Ellingson effigy that you dress up in purchases from the latest VS catalogues and then take tea and cakes with every other afternoon... post-3761-0-1446080198-49835_thumb.gif
We eat cookies, not cake. #Boomshakalakah!
I would drop Lindsay instead of Erin. Just because Erin has more fan, and the public likes her more. Nobody really cares for Lindsay. I will keep the one that the public likes more, you make more money. Erin is a great spokewoman she is entertaining.
Yeah, but I like Lindsay more, and I matter more.

:rofl:

Why are you guys saying that Lindsay and Erin look alike when they clearly don't?

post-50597-0-1446080207-45399_thumb.png

I don't understand it, either. :idk:

To me, Lindsay and Erin don't resemble each other at all.

Everything is different - eyes, eyebrows, lips, facial structure, forehead, chin, nose, cheekbones, etc...

Because they both started as Angels-ish at about the same time and are both blonde, tall and skinny. And not Candice.

So all women who are blonde, tall and skinny look the same?

Sounds like "each woman with dark hair and light eyes looks like Adriana"...

I think it's more because Victoria's Secret doesn't market each girl distinctly that they have a tendency to blend into one another, because looking at their work outside of Victoria's Secret and there's absolutely no comparison between the three girls. But their airbrushing, styling and marketing through VS just leaves little distinction and it's almost an overabundance of blond.

Because they both started as Angels-ish at about the same time and are both blonde, tall and skinny. And not Candice.

So all women who are blonde, tall and skinny look the same?

Sounds like "each woman with dark hair and light eyes looks like Adriana"...

I was portraying the general opinion, not mine. I can differentiate between the gorgeous one and the homely one.

What I meant was that VS never quite bothered giving either one of the two a "public identity" unlike Candice who has crossed over to the men's magazine-verse. Lindsay dropped off the face of the Earth right as they were about to launch her as Angel only to pop aup a year later due to a lack of Rosie and Erin seems to have become one of their stars due to a lot of mishaps rather than a great plan (i.e. Lindsay disappearing and Rosie leaving). It's only fairly recently that they have Lindsay as the Gorgeous one and Erin as the Everything Else one. But even then their jobs overlap sometimes (Lindsay has done VSX stuff, Erin has done Gorgeous stuff...)

Thus to the general VS profane, they are just "Not-Candice" and people won't bother making the effort to ponder if there's one, two or five of them.

ETA

Candice and Miranda are launching Swim. I guess Behati was busy.

post-36478-1333054525_thumb.jpg

I think it's more because Victoria's Secret doesn't market each girl distinctly that they have a tendency to blend into one another, because looking at their work outside of Victoria's Secret and there's absolutely no comparison between the three girls. But their airbrushing, styling and marketing through VS just leaves little distinction and it's almost an overabundance of blond.

I get your point, however, I still can't understand it. :idk:

To me, Erin and Lindsay look so absolutely different, no matter how much VS styles and markets them in the same way.

Because besides the physical differences, Lindsay has such a strong maniac expression while Erin looks like the innocent girl next door with freckles... Due to this, I could easily tell them apart everytime and everywhere. :p

• 2 weeks later...