Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Selita kept working for VS the following months after being fired she decided to amicable split with VS, but I'm sure she hasn't done VS in at least two years. She did walk the 2009 & 2010 shows, in 2011 she wasn't casted available for the date of the show i guess.

Karolina has done zero catalogue work for VS, she walked on 2010 but she decided to skip 2011 because she was working on her german tv show

Izabel started doing VS again in mid-2009 i think & she was walked every show after 2008 & she has said that she'll do the VSFS for as long as she can.

Gisele, Tyra, Heidi, Marisa & Rosie are all 100% done with VS since their Angel contracts expired. However it looks like VS doesn't know Rosie left just yet.

Nice recap :wave:

Didn't Selita claim to have been busy with "work" during last year's VSFS? I wonder what that supposedly was.

Additionally, I'm pretty sure Daniela Pestova continued to do launches for VS up until 2003 even after her last show (2001)

Also, in Izabel's defense, she's been one of the few models that has found a balance between walking professionally and still being fun/flirtatious on the VS runway. For me, she, KK, Fernanda, Isabeli, Ana Beatriz, Naomi, Natasha, and Oluchi accomplished this the best.

Izabel started doing VS again in mid-2009 i think & she was walked every show after 2008 & she has said that she'll do the VSFS for as long as she can.

Gisele, Tyra, Heidi, Marisa & Rosie are all 100% done with VS since their Angel contracts expired. However it looks like VS doesn't know Rosie left just yet.

Do you know why Izabel stopped working for VS ? Back in 2008 I read something about her getting another job (Armani Jeans ?) that conflicted with her VS contract, but why would you risk losing a big contract for something smaller with less money and less exposure, only to come back later :idk:

About Rosie, was it her decision to stop working for VS ?

First of all we don't know how much VS was paying to Izabel, maybe she wasn't making as much $ as Alessandra or Adriana, i think that an Angel's first contract isn't as lucrative as when you get renewed? Plus Izabel wasn't exactly the hardest working Angel, she wasn't one of their most-used girls for press & I'm sure she wasn't their main catalogue either, i guess she just figured she wasn't going to get any bigger thanks to VS & decided to do AX, which clearly paid off because she's getting more jobs post-VS than ever before.

Rosie i think just decided to become a full-time actress, i guess she didn't think about the fact that her acting sucks & she hasn't got a single acting job after Transformers.

Selita kept working for VS the following months after being fired she decided to amicable split with VS, but I'm sure she hasn't done VS in at least two years. She did walk the 2009 & 2010 shows, in 2011 she wasn't casted available for the date of the show i guess.

Karolina has done zero catalogue work for VS, she walked on 2010 but she decided to skip 2011 because she was working on her german tv show

If we go further back, Helena, Stephanie and Karen all stopped right after their contracts ended, heck Helena, didn't even walk for the first Angel-featuring fashion show. Laetitia did a What is Sexy commercial two years after her contract expired, Daniela appeared at the launch of the Sexy book after her contract expired, Inés (does she count?) walked a few years after she stopped doing catalog. Chandra North and Yasmeen Ghauri were "one time" Angels, so yeah...

First of all we don't know how much VS was paying to Izabel, maybe she wasn't making as much $ as Alessandra or Adriana, i think that an Angel's first contract isn't as lucrative as when you get renewed? Plus Izabel wasn't exactly the hardest working Angel, she wasn't one of their most-used girls for press & I'm sure she wasn't their main catalogue either, i guess she just figured she wasn't going to get any bigger thanks to VS & decided to do AX, which clearly paid off because she's getting more jobs post-VS than ever before.

Rosie i think just decided to become a full-time actress, i guess she didn't think about the fact that her acting sucks & she hasn't got a single acting job after Transformers.

Thanks for clarifying this :wave:

Rosie's decision still seems a little weird. I think she could have used her rising fame to her advantage in her modeling career instead of just deciding to drop modeling altogether for a less than certain acting career. I haven't watched Transformers but all the reviews I heard said that her acting was not so great :no:

Talking about angels leaving, there's something I always wondered for Years, maybe you experts can reply

HOW, does it happen that Izabel, Selita and Karolina (who were all VS angels I think) became angels AFTER Adriana and Alessandra, and yet leave BEFORE them (Adriana and Alessandra being still angels now) ??? I know its a contract thing, but I mean, isnt that bizarre some girls get more contracts and other less ? I mean, on what basis the Victoria Secret brand decide if the girl should stay or leave ? On what basis they decide if they should use one girl more than the others? Her looks ? Their financial gain ? Her popularity ?

To me, if you take a girl on contract to be an angel, it's for her being the face of the brand for at least many years, otherwise I dont see the point of the "angels" thing.

Yeah I dont quite understand Rosie's decision either...

VS's advertising peeps track how much the girls sell, how much people they pull to their openings and so on. If the girls makes them money, she stays. If she doesn't make them enough she leaves. (Or gets redirected, like Chanel towards PINK or Lindsay towards Gorgeous-type lingerie).

And it goes both ways, some girls use VS to get fame but do not necessarily want a restrictive contract for years. VS wants to be the first work priority in their Angels' workload. If they schedule a launch during fashion week, the girls must be available and forget runway and so on.

So basically Alessandra and Adriana were better fit for VS than Izabel and Selita and were probably also more keen on staying with them.

Alessandra and Adriana have the advantage to be who VS's loyal customers "grew up with", like Behati and Chanel will be some day. They arrived when VS really started shooting to fame (the early 2000s) whereas the next Angels arrived when customers already had their favourite "faces" for the brand and were thus seen as a lesser version of them. But some do stay, like Doutzen and Miranda who renewed their contracts (although their workload seems a lot lighter since they did).

^Thank you so much for the explanations ! :wave:

Well, I may be biaised, but I think girls working for VS are higher paid, or else why in every interview you read often models say that their dream is to be in VS.

Yeah I know that some stay, and I find it interesting that the ones who do are the more popular ones, and above all, in my humble view, by far the most beautiful and attractive ones.

:rofl:

There's so many hot young girls that can't act out there most people I know didn't even know she was a model :ninja: . I didn't see why she couldn't juggle both, but maybe with some of the girls that have been modeling since they were like 12 its almost like being a gymnast for some in that you want a change of scenery since you've been doing it so long maybe even if the undertaking doesn't look promising. That's not to say there aren't some who really do love modeling of course and even if she blows her money on gambling or something she's still young and even if not to VS she can always come back to the profession at least.

I actually don't think Rosie is a terrible actress.....shes not great or anything, but I don't think shes that bad :)

Though I don't think it was the smartest desicion to leave VS.....Cause I think she could have done both :)

But she is becoming a style icon sort of thing. She is always featured in gossip mags, and fashion mags on best dressed lists, so its like she has become more well known for her style than her modeling/acting.

^haha yeah, but she is always in all of my monthly fashion mags....the editors complimenting her style....which I also find her style to be incredible :)

So I think shes getting to be more known for the style sort of thing instead of the acting. And some celebs get more sucessful that way (without being known as D-list :p )

Wait until the next summer blockbuster film comes out this year (hopefully Battleship) & there's going to be a new hottie in town (hopefully my baby Brooklyn) that will be everywhere & nobody will remember who the hell Rosie is just as nobody seems to care about Megan Fox anymore & she made x10 bigger than Rosie with Transformers. I honestly think Rosie was pretty dumb by leaving VS without being 100% that her 'acting career' was going to work.

I've never been Rosie's fan but i do agree that girlfriend has a great sense of style 90% of times but that's not going to be enough to keep her relevant if she doesn't book something major soon.

^Yes of course Rosie is obviously gonna have to get something going.....she is hot for the moment in mags and whatnot, but your right, a great sense of style won't keep you popular for long (though some people have made a career of just having good style. Look at leighton meester, and Blake lively ect. There acting is not the best, but they stay relevant due to their style )

And I heard that she is now with Elite I believe. :)

They suck acting but they have a Tv show that is currently on Tv, Rosie has nothing on Tv or movies & that's the difference. She needs to do something to keep herself relevant. Wait until Gossip Girl gets cancelled & we'll see how relevant the people in that show can stay after a year or two with their non-existent acting skills.

I actually kind of miss Rosie for VS because as much as i don't like i think she was at least better than some of the other girls

I am okay with Rosie leaving with VS, she could have model for VS for another couple more years maybe 3 more years. I am okay she left VS because at least she won't be annoying as Adriana and Alessandra modelling for VS for the rest of her life, It gets annoying to see the same face over more than a decade, I really would like for Adri and Ale to leave VS and focus been a 100% mother, I mean they are already 30 with kids, they already model for VS for more than 10 year, what more they want? more money? I think they have enough money to make a life of their own. I think is time to retire, you can't model for VS forever. I didn't wanted to see something like that to happen to Rosie, this is the reason why I am okay with Rosie living VS soon.