Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

^ I doubt she slept her way into anything especially VS. Runway might not be her forte but she is a great print and spokesmodel.

To answer your 2nd question, she has walked for Giles Deacon and Rag & Bone.

She only walked two runways? That doesn't say much. There are other models that deserves her place so much more than her. That's not fair if she didn't do much for her career unlike all the other angels. I still think she slept her way in :whistle:

^ I am sure she has walked in more shows. Those 2 are the only ones I know of. Also there are a lot of models who don't do runway work b/c it is not their strength. It doesn't make them less of a model. Regardless did she slept her way in or not, or how much modeling work she has done (btw, she has done a lot), it is not the point nor does it matter. VS is the decision maker not us. Now, let's stop the baiting and bashing, and just move on. Thanks!

See i don't care how much work or runways a model has done before working with VS, if Marisa Miller did 5 runways pre-VS that's too many & yet she was one hell great Angel, even if she didn't have the greatest walk on earth, probably their best spokesperson in recent times. I'm not saying that Lily (or Chanel who IMO was also signed way too soon) is the best Angel ever, everyone knows that for the most part i don't like her but i don't think that has to do with the fact she only did two (or three or four, etc) runways ... Lindsay & Erin did a lot of runways pre-VS & i still don't know why they're Angels & especially don't get why they are Angels at the same time.

BTW Miranda is shooting VS in Miami with everyone except for the pregnant trio so i guess she's still pretty much an Angel, even if she only works twice a year.

Talisa It doesn't matter how many runway shows Lily has walked she been a successful commercial model for years. VS is a commercial brand who have one show a year. The rest of the year the angels are doing catalogues. You don't need runway experience for doing that.

Lily has a hell of a lot of experience working for commercial brands. She has also walked more than two shows. And had a vogue cover and been in Elle, Italian Elle, Glamour, vogue US and Trukey just to name a few. Been in numerous Bobbi Brown ads, smashbox cosmetics and Herbal Essences ads. And a Levis campaign and commerical and several JBrand campaigns. She also been the face of Anthropologie and coach. Done catalogues for White House Black Market, chadwicks, newlook, Urban Outftters, Free People and much more. And while I know that these aren't prestigous jobs she'll be making a lot of money for her hard work.

Saying that she hasn't worked enough or hasn't got much experience is a joke! And saying that she slept her way into to VS is an even bigger joke. She fully deserves her title as an angel.

I think Monsieur Le Baron needs a hug...

1145627416.jpg

Men's magazines: 100 % stereotyped women.

Vs Angels: stereotyped for about 90% of them

Vs sell the lingerie for women yes BUT their targets when it comes to the all sexyglamourhotbombshell thing are men. "Buy this lingerie to your lady and she will look as hot as our models". By experience I know a men will be more inclined to buy lingerie he already seen on a model (TV, magazines) because this will give him an idea of what the lingerie will look like on his woman/GF/biatch/whatever. Not every men of course but a good majority.

As a woman (and almost all the women I know) I want to see different kind of model to wear lingerie. Not always the same chick with the same thin body. VS used a lot of different body type back then (in the 20th Century :laugh: ) And they should come back to more varieties and hire models with more curves and find a good balance between A cup and D cup. Because right now for VS the alphabet as only 2 letters: A & B.

Have you seen the male models/actors/singers these days. Do they look like the average man to you?

Maybe that's because they are supposed to sell a fantasy. Which they do. And oddly, nobody complains. So why complain when girls do the same?

Have you seen the male models/actors/singers these days. Do they look like the average man to you?

I have never talked about average women? I am talking about using more models (not average girls find in the street) with different body sizes when it comes to lingerie ... And yes, I think a lot of famous man model or singers are average, as well as famous female model/singers but that's not the point of the discussion I guess?

Maybe that's because they are supposed to sell a fantasy. Which they do. And oddly, nobody complains. So why complain when girls do the same?

I don't give a damn about the male models/actors/singers of today :idk: Give me Gable, Eastwood, Newman, Brando, Mel Gibson and *insert a long long list of names here* and I will be very interested, but this is the General babe discussion thread, no?

Anyway, yes men are also stereotyped too and even if they are supposed to sell "a fantasy" I think only girls under 16 must actually believe in this fantasy...

But we are talking about VS and their vision of what a model is suppose to look like to work for them? And I think they should open up a little bit to what their clients - and for that matters, me and few models fans here on Bz- would like to see?

And...

Damn! It's not like i have insulted your maman or sumthin? :cry:

I am not saying all VS models are skeleton. But some are very skinny. And the ones that make it in top men's magazines are the ones that are more curvy than the other ones. I have never seen Lindsay, Lilly, Behati been in a men's magazanie.

Lindsay and Lily have been in a GQ spread that's been reprinted everywhere.

^Not only that - but the cover on "The World's Biggest Selling Men's Magazine"

By the way I was referring to overall men prefer curvy woman, I was not speaking for all men, obviously some men are going to like tiny woman too, beauty is in the eye of beholder everybody has their own taste, but seriously if you do a poll which woman they find more attractive the curvy woman would get more votes than the tiny one. I am pretty sure men prefer kate upton over lindsay ellingson. I don't know anything about Kate Moss, because I don't follow her I am not her fan so I don't know anything about Kate, and stop bringing kate in this conversation she has nothing to do with this subject she was never a vs model, never saw her modeling for vs. and that is not true not all men desire kate moss, by the way what made Kate moss famous was not her look it was her presence and personality and she is a good model, that is what made her famous.
^I do not keep "bringing" Kate Moss up, and I'm fully aware she's not a VS model thank you. I was referring to her being used as an example (by Prettyphile) of being a 'skinny' model and the antithesis of girl's like Kate Upton and Brooklyn Decker which is how this conversation started. So I think you'll find she has a lot to do with this subject if you bothered to actually read it. Talking of which, I never said "all men desire" her - rather I was pointing out how you seem very keen on saying "all men" like curvy models and I was pointing out that "all men" don't. "All men" don't like anything - "some men" do! I also said her refreshing personality had a lot to with her attraction as much as her looks - which you've just chosen to completely ignore and actually use to argue against me. :o I JUST MADE EXACTLY THOSE POINTS?!?! I You've singularly failed to grasp my post. :wacko:
I am pretty sure men prefer kate upton over lindsay ellingson.
^Stop saying this kind of thing and I'll back off! You only just said in the sentence before that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and that you're not "speaking for all men" so STOP with these sweeping statements! I am pretty sure that Siemgi doesn't - and, actually, I don't either! :p
Is true some of the angels look like big 10 year old models modeling for victoria secret: Miranda, Chanel, and Behati.
^I'm not arguing about who sells more lingerie: curvy or skinny; that's not my concern. This kind of claptrap is though. It's not "true" they look like 10 year olds and I resent the implications. It might be your opinion (and the only thing I do agree with you is that we all have our own opinions, a point you keep contradicting however) but to suggest that liking these models is tantamount to paedophilia is utter nonsense and highly objectionable. <_<

Okay guys, I have a question - why do I see only women complaining on this topic and not men? :laugh:

It seems like women would love men to love curvy women blah blah. These points seem to be made by women members, while men members seem to stand up for the other side and take the side of the recent models.

Just a point. Don´t speak for men, women! Don´t say "men want to see curvy girls in VS lingerie" but "I want to see curvy girls in VS lingerie because I want to see how I would look in VS lingerie". No? Isn´t this the point?

Of course not :evil:

Okay, the only thing I want to say is, that beauty is not measured by curves, ass or big/small breasts. I´m not fan of all the recent VS models, but I consider them all beautiful, no matter which size they are. "Sexy" can´t be measured by statistics and curvy woman doesn´t automatically mean sexy woman, just as skinny woman doesn´t automatically mean unappealing woman.

Wildflower - please stop telling us what men want and what they preffer. Talk about yourself and don´t hide under such blahblahs.

I agree with Kiki on the point that I too would love to see more diversity in VS - especially more redheads - + women of different sizes, why not :yes: but that doesn´t mean that I should go on now and insult the recent models :/ I actually like them. I like women of all sizes but that doesn´t mean they have to be everywhere.

The second fact is, like siemgi nicely objected, that these women sell fantasies. They sell "perfection". "Desire". And it seems that it works. What does majority of us do here? We admire models and their perfect bodies or/and perfect faces. That´s what they are paid for - look perfect. It´s hard to admit because most of us don´t look like these models - but that´s exactly the point - not everyone can be a model, right?

The general perception of what "perfect" means is changing through times and now it seems that "perfect" means "thin", "toned", "trim" - plus "tanned" sometimes. That´s why all the gyms around the world are so damn full, that´s why all the books and videotapes on "how to stay slim and thin and toned" are so well sold. Everyone seems to be crazy about being fit and toned. And this is another fact.

Of course, all this doesn´t mean "sexy". "Sexy" is something inside that shines out - and that comes in all sizes, shapes and colours. And is different for everyone. So it´s hard to say who is sexy and who is not... and it´s the highest level of stupidity to generalize such thing or say that only curvy models are sexy and all the others that are not curvy look like 10 years olds. It´s the same shit as this recent idiocy with "real women".

Body types that Victoria's Secret should represent and examples

Traditional lingerie and swimsuit model body: Adriana Lima, Bar Refaeli, Heidi Klum

Crazy curvy: Tyra Banks

Truly unique body (down to genetics not just dieting and exercising): Candice Swanepoel

Skinny but still looks good: Miranda Kerr

Glamazon: Karolina Kurkova

Athletic: Doutzen Kroes, Marisa Miller

I have my own personal preference when it comes to an "ideal" body but I think VS would be well off if they truly tried to have models with different body types. I feel like most of the girls that they have right now fit in the "skinny" category which is a shame because it's not like it happened just because their models lost weight (Candice).

Some of my examples are of course outdated but my guess is that VS isn't actively looking for new models whose bodies resemble Tyra's or Heidi's bodies (when they were still angels) because they hire models like Lindsay, Erin, Chanel and Lily who are pretty but they all fit pretty much in the "skinny" category. It’s annoying when one type is over-represented.

I do every time and it always gets people's blood pumping, but as I see it controversy and differences aren't a bad thing, and it breaks up the monotony that is Bellazon. Come sit down next to me my love and see what happens next :rofl: