Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

I think Ale renewed her contract recently or like last year because it supposedly changed so that she isn't exclusive to VS Swim anymore (which would explain her walking in Turkey in swimwear) just lingerie so when she does that bootleg VSFS (Monange Dream Fashion Tour) she can only wear swimwear or clothes.

I think Ale renewed her contract recently or like last year because it supposedly changed so that she isn't exclusive to VS Swim anymore (which would explain her walking in Turkey in swimwear) just lingerie so when she does that bootleg VSFS (Monange Dream Fashion Tour) she can only wear swimwear or clothes.

I think that VS went for a less exclusive approach this time around. They probably still have dibs on their models but they also allow them to do more, thus being able to pay them less and have more spokesmodels that they can all up at any time.

Alessandra clearly went through a Marisa phase late last year, they removed her from campaigns and hardly mentioned her only to pull a complete 180 after that, so I guess Savanna is right about the renegotiation thing.

New event with everyone except Alessandra & Behati ... Do they really need five girls to launch a perfume? :blink:

Meet the Angels at VS SoHo, 3/1, 6:30-8:30pm

Public Event

Time

Tuesday, March 1 · 6:30pm - 8:30pm

Victoria’s Secret SoHo

591 Broadway

New York, NY

Created By

Victoria's Secret

More Info

Meet our Angels

and celebrate

Incredible by Victoria’s Secret®

Tuesday, March 1, 6:30-8:30pm

Victoria’s Secret SoHo

591-593 Broadway between Prince and Houston

Come get a photo with Adriana, Candice, Chanel, Erin and Lily—and look INCREDIBLE on the Pink Carpet!

Plus, access the faster VIP line with an

Incredible by Victoria’s Secret® bra or fragrance purchase.

One photo per customer. VIP access valid only with purchase.

I think that VS went for a less exclusive approach this time around. They probably still have dibs on their models but they also allow them to do more, thus being able to pay them less and have more spokesmodels that they can all up at any time.

Alessandra clearly went through a Marisa phase late last year, they removed her from campaigns and hardly mentioned her only to pull a complete 180 after that, so I guess Savanna is right about the renegotiation thing.

& just to throw my two cents in the exclusive discussion, a friend from Holland told me that recently Doutzen renewed in 2010 too, but she didn't renew her exclusivity either, i think Doutzen said that in Elle Holland or some local magazine, im not sure ... So i guess the only 'exclusive' girls left are Adriana & Miranda?

& just to throw my two cents in the exclusive discussion, a friend from Holland told me that recently Doutzen renewed in 2010 too, but she didn't renew her exclusivity either, i think Doutzen said that in Elle Holland or some local magazine, im not sure ... So i guess the only 'exclusive' girls left are Adriana & Miranda?

This seems so interesting. Wasn't exclusivity the supposedly reason why Izabel broke her contract? I kind of have a feeling Miranda wouldnt have renewed her exclusiveity either, considering the hf wave she was experiencing.

Yes but i think Gisele didn't do any lingerie/swim while she was doing VS? Candice did Beach Bunny just months ago, & Erin did Galliano this season too, Lindsay is still doing La Senza & Rosie is having a looooooooong leave then, before the christmas commercial she didn't shoot anything for months & as 2011 goes there isn't a new VS picture from her, not even for V-Day which is one of VS biggest campaigns from the year

Doutzen & Miranda should be back in late March/earlyApril & i can't wait to see their new stuff so they can send Candice to a long break

More Erin? She's been overused just as much as Candice, and if they start using her more than they already have, I think she'll start getting the same backlash that Candice is getting.

RE: Alessandra,

It's possible to restructure the terms of a contract without actually adding years to the total deal. I hope that's what's been done with her. The last three years have been such a massive Ale overload that it's been refreshing to see her less.

More Erin? She's been overused just as much as Candice, and if they start using her more than they already have, I think she'll start getting the same backlash that Candice is getting.

RE: Alessandra,

It's possible to restructure the terms of a contract without actually adding years to the total deal. I hope that's what's been done with her. The last three years have been such a massive Ale overload that it's been refreshing to see her less.

:whistle:

"The last three years have been such a massive Candice overload that it's been refreshing to see her less." <--- corrected for ya and still waiting on the overload to come to an end.

It really hasn't been that long that we're getting all of this Candice stuff. I would say that it's really only been a year and a half. Her use was sporadic in 2008 and spring 09. In fall 09, they started using her more, but Ale was still their golden girl at the moment. Christmas 09 was when it turned into Candice lovefest for them. I don't disagree that all of this Candice stuff is tiresome and annoying. 2011 looks like it's well on the way to being a carbon copy of 2010. Candice is what Alessandra was.

The nature of fandom is that it's only a problem if you don't like the girl. If they started using Lily all the time for everything, I probably wouldn't be that vocal of a complainer about it. If it was Lais though, I'd be like "Fuck no." I admit my biases though. Other people? Not so much.

EDIT

VS has become very typical in their catalog shoots. They don't experiment much anymore, but they did try to do something different with their latest cover. #1. It's not Candice. #2. It's a wraparound cover. Goes from front to back.

2yvj4ew.jpg