Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

80%? I say 95% ... Only her die-hard fans aren't sick of her doing VS. This is too much, but im not surprised at all, when Miranda confirmed the pregnancy i just knew that it was going to be Candice

But i still can't believe Candice got the bra over Ale

I do feel bad for ale (and her fans) :/ but can't say I'm the least bit surprised it's candice :p

one thing I'll say, its nice to see a pretty white color and I think that will go well w/ her whole innocent blonde vibe.

since it seems to be plain, maybe some big huge white wings to go w/ it, but i wont keep my hopes high on that one either :p

Maybe their also feeling the "hurt", like everyone else is, meaning the recession. I'm grasping at straws here people, but who is gonna buy a bra that cost a arm and a leg, when everyone is stuffing the money under the mattress lollllllllllllllll, but hey the VS show is their for us lowly mortals to view, and forget our troubles for a bit.

IMO it's basically a duplicate of the 2006 setup...sparkly bra, blonde girl and probably wings. VS has some major girls Heidi, Adriana, Alessandra, and hell even Rosie. Any of these girls would have been great, Marisa although not a favorite of mine had the fame for it last year and was able to stand out and not be forgotten in the show. Candice IMO will just be overshadowed, most people are tired of her, and most people will just think wait a minute haven't we seen this before (aka like the uproar over Ale's opening outfit last year) With Heidi being there (more than likely) Adriana coming back, Alessandra being there, and Rosie with the press she's bringing in Candice will just fade into the background. If they wanted to capitalize on fame or whatever it would have been one of the four wearing it for different reasons. Candice...one of the biggest and worse moves VS could have done for their show. I guess a small little itty bitty part of me (the denial part) is hoping this is some sort of joke and there is someone else wearing the real bra.

Also it looks like it might be filmed a bit early this year, as it's slated to air on CBS on November 30th....

JUST A REMINDER:

Please remain on topic in this thread. Do not provoke other members because it causes un-necessary tension and leads to irrelevant discussions. Baiting and bashing is against forum rules and can result in an increase in your warn level. Please go over Bellazon Forum Rules and Conventions for further information. -Lady Fatale

Ooooh really airing Nov 30th? Awesome. Sooner rather then later :)

I'm not a die hard fan of hers. I like her very much. But I really don't mind that Candice is wearing the bra. I think Candice does stand out IMO. I mean before the 08 show I really didn't even know who she was. And when she came out it was like WOAH look at her. She draws attention.

I would rather someone like Alessandra or Rosie of course. But at the same time i'm not to pissed about it.

If that is the bra, yes it's a bit disappointing but I mean they are probably gonna be real cheap. I don't think VS has been doing to well money wise lately.

Candice IMO will just be overshadowed, most people are tired of her, and most people will just think wait a minute haven't we seen this before (aka like the uproar over Ale's opening outfit last year) With Heidi being there (more than likely) Adriana coming back, Alessandra being there, and Rosie with the press she's bringing in Candice will just fade into the background. If they wanted to capitalize on fame or whatever it would have been one of the four wearing it for different reasons. Candice...one of the biggest and worse moves VS could have done for their show. I guess a small little itty bitty part of me (the denial part) is hoping this is some sort of joke and there is someone else wearing the real bra.
^I hate to sound like a stuck record (but when everybody else is, I guess it's not such a bad thing!) but how is Candice going to be overshadowed?

Admittedly, I'm as fed up with her as the next Bellazonian - but then we're all quasi-obsessive members who pore over these things. Maybe to most people out there she'll simply be the same hot blonde who popped out of that 2007 show and looks ridiculously fit in lingerie?

Sure - Heidi, Adriana, Alessandra and Rosie shine like a fucking meteor shower, but Candice can too. Hell, she did for me first time I saw her - and far more than the above girls combined. And that's coming from a bona fide Rosie fan too (the 2007 VSFS was not her greatest year I'll grant you). Fame can quite often pale in the presence of 'hotness', and irrespective of how irrefutably incandescent some of those above may be, Candice is quite clearly at the peak of her commercial powers in the eyes of VS - and I'm sure they believe that translates to the general public (not you and I!).

Her appointment with bra 'destiny' was achingly predictable, and a tad yawnsome, yes. But if it had been Rosie everybody would be crying "Transformers", and you all know how badly an Adriana Comeback Special bra would have gone down here?!! :ermm:

Anyway, what's the big deal with that bra in regards to the show? Hell, I hardly even remember it the last two years - and it's not given much of a hoo-hah on the night itself anymore. Last year they were far too busy fawning over the Model Search girls (wherefore art thou now?) and in 2008 the editors decided we'd rather see Edita miming to a completely different song to what was even playing than focus on the million dollars jiggling down the catwalk...

So, despite all of what I've just said, Candice getting the bra makes no real difference to her 'brightness' quotient at all!!! Might as well give it to bloody anybody. That's my argument derailed by myself in one post... :cain:

I really don't mind that Candice is wearing the bra.

Agreed. I don't like her at all, but it's been clear all year long that Candice is the one that VS wants to promote this year. The fantasy bra fits in with that pattern. If they wanted to use one of the other models on their roster, then they would have. The only person this news sucks for is Alessandra. VS has used Candice entirely too much this year in an effort to get her name out there, but they've always had moments of using models way too much (both of the Brazilians included).

Fame can quite often pale in the presence of 'hotness', and irrespective of how irrefutably incandescent some of those above may be, Candice is quite clearly at the peak of her commercial powers in the eyes of VS - and I'm sure they believe that translates to the general public (not you and I!).

Again, agreed. Candice is textbook "hot." VS sees that, and they are promoting that. I just hope that the final CBS edit doesn't turn into the Candice show.

Even though there are many of us that are tired of her, it's also important for some people to understand that there are many people who have absolutely no idea who she is. Her name isn't going to get out there unless VS prominently pushes it, and they've been doing a lot of that this year. Maybe they'll dial their use down a notch once they feel comfortable with her level of recognition.

I also think the problem now is that the other Angels like Alessandra, Adriana, Doutzen, Miranda and Rosie all have names because they also work out of VS. Whether in movies, magazines, campaigns, runway etc. So more people see them and no them. Candice really only works VS. So they use her a lot to try and get her recognised. And I mean really she is a stunner. She isn't plain. And she draws a lot of attention. She atm is the Bombshell to me. So I really don't mnd she gets pushed a bit cause we still get to see all the other girls doing stuff + VS.

Tori stole my thoughts outta my head :p while some get sick of her here, its mostly because we visit forums and it seems she is everywhere. Offline she is virtually unknown and you don't see her on tv,in mags etc...(if vs doesn't "shove her down our throats" she will just become another selita/izabel and not another adriana/ale). I think they don't want that. Besides alot of people in America imo are always up for a uber hot young blonde girl....out of any new girls her popularity (from what ive seen online is the strongest and seems to grow everyday). so congrats.

p.s. love her or not, she kills her VS photoshoots lately, more than any other girls imo. clothing,swim,lingerie,pink she suits it all. I can see why vs is crazy for her.

and agree Kevork, VS is pretty much all Candice does. The other angels have families and other modeling gigs. They really can't rule the vs catalog anymore.

Let's hope that maybe Alessandra will get something special. I doubt it. But maybe she will get a video or something. I know they didn't do that for Adriana but her year she opened the show and wore the FB. So let's hope Ale gets something special like Heidi in 07.

I think that maybe Alessandra will open the show. I reckon Candice should open a segment with the FB. I really wish they do that compared to the last two years. Just throwing the FB in the middle of a segment is so stupid.

And I also really hope they have six segments again. I didn't like they only had five last year + no closing outfits. All the girls just wore what their last runway walk outfit was.

Let's hope that maybe Alessandra will get something special. I doubt it. But maybe she will get a video or something. I know they didn't do that for Adriana but her year she opened the show and wore the FB. So let's hope Ale gets something special like Heidi in 07.

I think that maybe Alessandra will open the show. I reckon Candice should open a segment with the FB. I really wish they do that compared to the last two years. Just throwing the FB in the middle of a segment is so stupid.

And I also really hope they have six segments again. I didn't like they only had five last year + no closing outfits. All the girls just wore what their last runway walk outfit was.

That was just horrible, it was the worst finale ever. Is it to hard to get some extra bras&panties for the girls who didn't walk the last segment or what? :blink:

I have to say I'm really surprised to read all of this. I remember in 2006 when Candice did her first show and everybody was in love with her. They wanted to know who she was and wanted to see more photos of her. And now that she has finally got the fantasy bra people are wanting to kill the VS people for not giving the bra to Ale. It's not the end of the world. Ale will probably be in a few more VSFS's and she will the get the bra someday. I am happy for Candice she has been working her ass for VS and only for VS.

The bra does seem very simple and plain looking but I'm not going to say whether I hate it or not until I actually see the whole bra. In the last couple of years the FB has been horrible so are you actually that surprised it not any better this year?

That was just horrible, it was the worst finale ever. Is it to hard to get some extra bras&panties for the girls who didn't walk the last segment or what? :blink:

They spent that money on all the outfits for the dancers and chorus members :whistle: