Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

I personally think that they overuse the older models Ale, Adriana, and Heidi and I'm not sure why they use a model of the week theme.

Umm. I haven't seen a photo of Adriana or Heidi for VS in a long long looong while :whistle:

But yeah, they overuse every single model they have :D

The Stores near me has one of Adriana and Heidi. The Other store I often pass by has all three. Apparently, they're essential to the company's brand image but I've always wondered if women who shop there tire of seeing the same faces.

I personally think that they overuse the older models Ale, Adriana, and Heidi and I'm not sure why they use a model of the week theme.

Umm. I haven't seen a photo of Adriana or Heidi for VS in a long long looong while :whistle:

The Stores near me has one of Adriana and Heidi. The Other store I often pass by has all three. Apparently, they're essential to the company's brand image but I've always wondered if women who shop there tire of seeing the same faces.

I don't really think ppl whould go to a VS store just to see the who's on the wall haha

I don't really think ppl whould go to a VS store just to see the who's on the wall haha

Well, that my dear is the...em, primary thing that catches my attention. :whistle:

While I love Candice and am no way tired of her, I highly doubt she is a serious contender for the Fantasy Bra this year.

If I had to say who's most likely to get it, I would go with Adriana or Miranda. Adriana because she's the "main" Angel and has been absent for some time and is just in the process of coming back and being used by the company. Miranda because she's also become pretty popular with the general public and has yet to wear the bra.

Alessandra is probably the one who deserves it most, seeing as how she's the only one who has worked for a decade with the company and hasn't worn the bra. However, I don't think she will be the one wearing it. She's always been VS's second choice with anything important (I say that as a fan and as fact, not as an insult to her). The only honor she was ever given was opening the last show, and that was only because there was no one else with any name to do it (and even then, she didn't do that well, and was overshadowed by the Model Search and Heidi's comeback).

Not sure where Doutzen stands in terms of all of this, but I think even she comes before Candice.

Actually, I think if they were going to give the bra to any of the new models/spokespeople/whatever they are, it would probably be Rosie considering her new publicity with her Transformers role. VS does like to present the bra to models who are popular at the moment (like Selita or Marisa).

Candice only stands a chance if VS refuses to give the bra to any of the above models for some reason. Which is unlikely. <_<

I agree that the models promoting baseball teams clothing that they should know a little bit about the sport. Not specifics to a team (other than if they won or lost a very recent game) but at least how to play baseball and some top players. They look great in the pictures, but when it comes to interviews, of course they're going to be asked about baseball when they're wearing clothes that represent baseball teams (even though the models don't really have a choice about what they wear for the company paying them to model). It just seems respectful to do a little research.

I agree that the models promoting baseball teams clothing that they should know a little bit about the sport. Not specifics to a team (other than if they won or lost a very recent game) but at least how to play baseball and some top players. They look great in the pictures, but when it comes to interviews, of course they're going to be asked about baseball when they're wearing clothes that represent baseball teams (even though the models don't really have a choice about what they wear for the company paying them to model). It just seems respectful to do a little research.

that could be said for anything though. how many times has a celeb appeared on a show to talk about sports or some topic and have no idea what they are talking about? i can think of a few. if anything, i would blame vs more than i would blame candice and behati. there are probably other models ie the american ones who could have represented the baseball brand but vs picked these two knowing they knew little to nothing about baseball. this is a vs brand and this is the way the wanted to go with marketing. i think this is all being taken a little too seriously

To be quite honest, if I were Adriana, I'd be pissed. Every time there could bee some big buzz about her, somebody steals her thunder. For instance, she finally gets the FB but Heidi get that ridiculously huge jewelry thing on her outfit. She is supposed to have her big come-back and all people talk about is Rosie.

Also, considering VS was able to do this:

this:

and even this:

getting this:

as a comeback really sucks.

Teachers hand out books to their students, but it's also the responsibility of the student to take a little initiative and do some research on their own, Behati & Candice clearly failed to do so. VS is at fault, but so are the models.

Perhaps it's an American pride thing, but I also find it annoying that neither of these woman can be bothered it would seem to take 30 mins to an hour out of their time and do a little research online about the teams the are "supporting", or about the game in general.

If the tables were turned and it was Erin/Chanel who were trying to represent European football Soccer and didn't know a damn thing about it, the flame war would start, and don't pretend it wouldn't with some of you guys.

Why blame VS or the models? That "interview" looked anything but official, so I wouldn't blame either side for not anticipating some creepy douche sticking a camera in their faces to ask questions they likely couldn't answer. :idk: I mean, they're models. The point is being attractive (and maybe having a sexy accent); knowledge of sports is secondary irrelevant, even in sports-related promotions. VS already proved that: i.e., Candice promoting the VSFS on "The NFL Today."

But that's not her comeback! Sorry, if you wait after the SAS, you'll see the full effect of her comeback. To call that her comeback is being very pre-mature. As for Adriana I've seen that as well, Heidi always overshadowing it, but honestly every year Adriana's fame rises and they have been grooming her to take over that lead position, so again her getting the bra wouldn't surprise me. Also as for 2008, I wouldn't be calling Dri outshown, she opened the show, the closed the first segement (first time ever a VS model has opened and closed a segment) she wore the bra, got the most extensive credit/opening, and got the second biggest wings...I wouldn't call that being outshown at all.

Claps for Shey!!!

Why blame VS or the models? That "interview" looked anything but official, so I wouldn't blame either side for not anticipating some creepy douche sticking a camera in their faces to ask questions they likely couldn't answer. :idk: I mean, they're models. The point is being attractive (and maybe having a sexy accent); knowledge of sports is secondary irrelevant, even in sports-related promotions. VS already proved that: i.e., Candice promoting the VSFS on "The NFL Today."

Yes but that doesn't make it right hun. Part of being a good model is knowing what the hell you are selling, and for them to not be prepared at all kinda shows a level of noobness. Doesn't matter what the product is they still need to know something about it. It'd be like asking the models what the newest VS perfume smells like and them just standing there going "ugh... pretty"

Modeling doesn't just mean standing there looking airbrushed, you kinda gotta know a little something about what you're selling when going to events where questions about the product are going to be asked at any time lol

Guess that's what separates a good model from ok/bad one. I could never imagine Tyra, or Marisa not at least doing some kinda of research before going to an event.