Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

I don't think Candice has 'Exclusivity' with VS since she's doing other things like the Kardashian's swim line, Otto & Next ... & Lindsay Ellingson is doing La Senza & some other things too

I think only the Angels have exclusivity with VS

The girls (Angels) can also have two contracts. Alessandra and Adriana both hold big Angel contracts but also hold Victoria's Secret beauty contracts, so they get paid for both.

(Adriana signed a beauty contract with them in '08 after they offered her a bigger contract than Maybelline was willing to offer, so she took it)

Beauty contracts can include Makeup, Perfumes and Hair products so if an Model has an Angel contract and a Beauty contract she's making quite a bit from Victoria's Secret.

when are we going to know who is going to wear the fantasy bra this year?

They shoot it in May-June, my guess is it will be Miranda or Adriana this year. Both seem to be the front runners for it. Miranda has been pushed a lot by VS recently, and with Adriana returning and shooting some major campaigns and hosting for Swarovski (which is associated BIG time with vs) both are I think in front for the bra. Also both girls have been super busy with VS this last month in NY, more than the other models which is the right timing for the bra to be shot. (I'm not basing this off of being a fan, I'm doing it from who has been in NY, VS's track record, and the fact both girls have been getting big time projects from VS recently)

They shoot it in May-June

It's done by July, and sometimes the model will say by then

We usually get a formal announcement by September/Early October.

I'm hoping we go back to the 2003 style of bra though, it was the most expensive and the most beautiful in my opinion. Before they started making them part of the bra (via 2006)

I'm curious to see who designs it this year, I hope they go back to Mouawad, as he seemed to design the best bras.

I think Karolina will get the bra. Or maybe Selita. But Izabel might surprise us.

I think it is pretty obvious Oluchi is getting it :p Why else would you think she's been keeping such a low VS profile?

Honestly, I think Miranda or Ale will get (preferably Ale). As Lost_Soul mention, Miranda seems to be doing ALOT of work for them lately. Im not sure about Adriana, only because she had it so recently. Though, it wouldnt be surprising if she got it.

Lol at kk and selita.

Counting Adriana out because it's recent doesn't matter hence Heidi getting it 1999, 2001, 2003.

Like I said I'd say Miranda or Adriana. If they were going to give it to Ale they would have along time with everything she does. But I'd bet it will either be randa or dri. :). Honestly I hope Dri doesn't get it. The bra isn't what it use to be.

Lol at kk and selita.

Counting Adriana out because it's recent doesn't matter hence Heidi getting it 1999, 2001, 2003.

Like I said I'd say Miranda or Adriana. If they were going to give it to Ale they would have along time with everything she does. But I'd bet it will either be randa or dri. :). Honestly I hope Dri doesn't get it. The bra isn't what it use to be.

On those lines, how long did it take them to give it to Adriana? No offense, but this is all speculation, and it's not even close to November. For all we know, with this stupid movie deal and Rosie she might get the bra, *le gasp* she is after all in a major blockbuster and going to be in the public eye more then any of these other models have been. :idk:

I'm tired of everyone saying Adriana sucks, Adriana is the best, Ale sucks, Ale is the best.. Miranda looks to skinny, Doutzen is to fat... WHO CARES? Jesus.. moving on.. leaving thread.

I agree...but dear They shoot it in late May-1st week of June...so I don't think Rosie will get it.

You have to look at who's been in NY, who is their biggest seller now, and who can market it well enough. The reason Adriana didn't get it for so long is because she was behind some major front runners Heidi and Gisele...heck no one really stood a chance beside Selita and KK once who were both bringing in tons of press the year they did. They are throwing tons of money into Adriana's comeback and Miranda's exposure. Both were in NY at the time they shot it this year, and both can bring major press this year. Like I said I'd bet money on it being on of them. Also besides KK, I don't see VS giving the bra to a non-angel...plus considering. They've basically known who's going to wear it for about 2 months know because the first fittings were then (again conveniently when both Miranda and Adriana were in NY shooting with Russell...but yet we got no pics...and he always posts pics) and now last month or this week they'd be shooting it. So you can basically count Rosie out on that.

Like I said I don't care...the bra has went down in value, receives little press, but it will be funny as hell if one of them gets it because I for one am going to laugh and laugh and laugh. As long as Dri is in the show I really could give a damn...because we all know it doesn't matter who gets the bra, or opens the show. It will be the Heidi show. We all must repeat that to ourselves.

to be honest i think ale deserve to get the bra cuz she's been modeling with them forever and she has never wore it before, but really i would like rosie to get the bra, which i doubt that she is going to get it. i think it would be ridicolous if adri gets it because she has already wore it before and haven't seen her doing nothing this year with them it would be a stup id way to give her comeback she does not deserve the fantsay bra this year. i found that ridicolous when the models have wore the fantasy bra more than once karolina, heidi... i think each supermodel/angel should get the chance to wear it. it would suck for ale if she does not get it this year, i wouldn't be surprise if miranda get it, if miranda get the bra i'll bet the bra is going to be really pretty cuz miranda always gets the pretty outfit in the vsfs.

LOL the model has no choice in getting what the bra looks like at all dear. It's luck of the draw. They have the concept down, and drawn before they even pick a model they then pitch it to VS and hear what Charlotte and Todd have planned for this years VSFS and go from there. Which from what I hear might be in Vegas this year.

I agree I think models who get it multiple times are unfair to the other models, I do. Doutzen or Miranda should get it, as for Ale...I feel like if they wanted to give it to her...they would have a LONG time ago. Each year they push her in our face more and more and more and it's like WE GET IT YOU LIKE HER! lol But they never give it to her, I don't see it happening I just don't. I could be wrong but eh. Like I said I'm taking fan completely out of it, I'm going with who was in NY at the time they chose, the time they fitted, and now when they shot it or are about too. The only two girls that really line up are the two I mentioned. Personally out of the two I'd like to see Miranda walk away with it because she hasn't had it. Like I said the bra isn't what it use to be back in '03 and before, and unfortunately, to me who opens the show, hosts the show and etc is more important now. Heck look at Adriana and Marisa with their bras, they were just thrown in the line up, both presented it great but they were just in the middle of a segment. The Bra used to be announced by the model who wore it, it usually opened or closed a segment...now it's just basically crap.

look at dri it took a 100 yr for her to get the bra, so it could happen with ale too.

but miranda is always lucky with her outfit i am sure she would be lucky with her bra too, i am sure is going to be really pretty.

that is if she gets it

i preffered miranda to get it instead of dri.

i don't think rosie is going to get it, i think she's going to be to bussy with the whole transformer thing.

i could see candice getting too.

the only model i would be surprise to get is behati, cuz i don't expect for her to get it, since she is always in the pink theme.

but i would like for her to get more than one outfit this year.