Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Retailers selling Used Lingerie - Victorias Secret, The Gap & Macys

omfg, this is nasty! VS better handle it's business before they start to lose it's customers.

It's got me thinking twice about buying from any of those stores now.

When I used to work at VS, people were allowed to return the panties and bras. I always thought that was disgusting in itself, but I thought they either threw the stuff out or washed it or something and then sold them again. I don't even want to this about this for too long.

I honestly think it comes down to common sense. It's kind of like Money, you can find semen, cocaine and everything on money but once you handle it wash it. These things are dirty anyway, you consider an average of 25-100 people touch each piece a day...and you don't know what's on their hands, which can actually be more deadly, gross and etc. If you aren't mature enough when you buy underwear/swimwear/lingerie to know to wash it before you wear it...IMO you get what you asking for. People you were born with brains, use them.

I hear what you're saying, yes, we should wash our clothing before wearing it, yes, people try on apparel in the store before buying or not buying. The point I think that was trying to be made though, is if those sanitary strips are taken off we have no guarantee if it's been worn or not. People don't want to be inconvenienced having to wash 'brand new clothing' they've just bought on the off chance that it may not be new.

Not only is marketing used clothing as new false advertising, we're digging into our pockets to pay more for a new piece of apparel then we would going to say a vintage store, (I realise this isn't always the case) so why should we be getting any less then we're paying for. If we're buying 'new' it should be new, not someone's returned germs.

No dear. They have NOT signed an angel (this was confirmed by Ed Razek for the Forbes list this year) since 2006.
Actually it's since 2008 and there's no proof that it was Ed Razek who said it. It wasn't even in quotes.

Oh for Petes sake. It was since Doutzen and it kind of is proof Ed said it, or one of the people that work beside him like Monica, because they are the two people Forbes speaks to about VS when it comes time to put this list out. Also in the article Ed speaks about other things as well, which is proof that's who they spoke to so it's kind of read between the lines. Forbes, delves into these things pretty deep, plus there are behind the scenes people (before this article even came out to prove it 100%) that Candice and etc were not angels, have said it over and over...this just backs up what was said by the people that work for VS.

So either read between the lines that Ed said it, like everything else in the article, or Monica, John, Charlotte, or Todd (which are all people who would know) like everything else was...or just to the conclusion that omg he backed up everything and that one thing is wrong. Oi. Like I said this has been backed by many VS insiders, many times, Pretty has said it, Sav has said it, I've said it...and everyone was like no no no no, and now this comes out...isn't it a bit odd that it adds up to what's been said for a year or so.

So it is basically official, the angels we are dealing with are Adriana, Alessandra, Miranda, and Doutzen. Candice, Rosie, Chanel and etc are def the supermodel bunch.

Jade. As for your question about using Candice so much...because it's VS's classic pattern. They usually bring all their official angels out full force starting in the fall (after semi annual) because after summer items are released it's time to start grabbing people's attention once again with their big names and faces for the fashion show in November. Monica Mitro has even said in an Interview on E! when they used to do the 2 hour specials about VS, that Swim and Summer seasons, are when they start introducing the new girls, when they are used the most. Also this is classic vs to use their 2nd tier models, this has ALWAYS been the case with VS. For example you have, Oluchi, Ana, Isabeli, Emanuela, and etc. Even KK.

Oluchi, Ana, Isabeli, Emanuela all have done several commercials, big campaigns, launches, tv interviews and etc for the brand. But none have ever been angels.

KK reminds me SO much of Candice in the way her career in VS is unfolding. KK got the fantasy bra in 02, was in a couple launches, did commercials, spoke about VS constantly, was in each of their fashion shows since 00, was always in their catalogs and campaigns...but she wasn't an angel. She only became an angel in 05, after 5 years of being a "spokesmodel" for them. Like I said this is classic VS, something Pretty, Myself, Pheno, and several others with sources have said for years...and no one understood it, and now that VS has this website that says supermodels...everyone is in a frenzy. It's not any different than VS has been all along they have their angels, and their spokesmodels/supermodels...it's just now laid out in front of us :)

here are a few examples this has went on for years.

Biofit Uplift commercial in early 05 stars 2 angels...Adriana and Alessandra. The rest Oluchi, Jessica, and a few others are still there..still have angel wings...but were spokespeople.

Victoria's Secret Christmas Commercial '01. Ana Hickman was quite the focus in this commercial, she spoke to Extra for VS, and was part of the Christmas campaign that year. Still not an angel.

Victoria's Secret Christmas Commercial '05. Angela Lindvall, Oluchi both make prominent appearances, neither were angels.

Victoria's Secret Angels in Venice '02 or '03. Ana makes an appearance, again not an angel but a spokesmodel.

Victoria's Secret "What is Sexy?" Christmas '03. Ana and Oluchi once again, both spokesmodels...not angels.

And there are several, several others...(Christmas '08, Christmas '09, New Angels, Biofit Lace, Semi-Annual Sale and more all had spokesmodels in them along with angels) and this is just commercials. This isn't including the launches, the photos, the campaigns and etc all these "Spokesmodels" did, VS has always had them around...has always used them but now people are just more aware of who they are.

omfg, this is nasty! VS better handle it's business before they start to lose it's customers.

It's got me thinking twice about buying from any of those stores now.

that is old news, i use to work in a retail in the lingerie section and is that is nasty. you don't even want to know what happens in the fitting room.

Jade. As for your question about using Candice so much...because it's VS's classic pattern. They usually bring all their official angels out full force starting in the fall (after semi annual) because after summer items are released it's time to start grabbing people's attention once again with their big names and faces for the fashion show in November. Monica Mitro has even said in an Interview on E! when they used to do the 2 hour specials about VS, that Swim and Summer seasons, are when they start introducing the new girls, when they are used the most. Also this is classic vs to use their 2nd tier models, this has ALWAYS been the case with VS. For example you have, Oluchi, Ana, Isabeli, Emanuela, and etc. Even KK.

well if they want to introduce the new girls, then why are they only introducing candice she is not the only new girl, there is erin, rosie, lindsay, and chanel as the new girls so they should be introducing them too just the way they are with candice. i don't see that much of the other new girls been used as candice.

by the way what is the youngest age to become a vs angel?

Correct, like I said she is being used like KK was before she was an angel. They might be prepping her for an angel, but as of now she's not. The other girls are being used almost as much, esp Rosie with Lindsay in a close third...just like it's always been :)

Isabeli was 16 when she started modeling for them, but she was never an angel. Adriana I think was the youngest Angel, with being signed at 19, though she started modeling for them when she was 16/17.

Adriana - signed at 19

Gisele - signed at 20

Alessandra - signed at 23

and those are the ones I know of, but I think they are the youngest :)

^Ha - that's actually a scoop my 'Totally Spurious' thread got first! :ddr:

Actually, I just wanted to say how utterly divine Susan Eldridge looked in that "New Angels Uplift" video there (post #488). I've never seen it before... :wub: It was just a glance I know, but... *sigh* Why won't she come back?

Sorry - Adriana looked the best post-11221-0-1446080616-12991_thumb.gif, Adriana looked the best!!!

Yeah I always liked Susan Eldridge too! Here she is:

From the Fall Fashion 2004 VSC - vol 1 - no 1 - my own scans. Click on thumbnails for BIG pix.

She was always hot - always liked to play the bad girl in front of the camera. Wonder what became of her. Haven't seen her around lately

^Mi Capitán, you're a true gent! post-11221-0-1446080622-10546_thumb.gif

Laeticia, Gisele and Adriana: 20

Karolina and Izabel: 21

Selita: 22

Tyra, In�s and Doutzen: 23

Chandra, Miranda and Alessandra: 24

Yasmeen, Heidi: 26

Daniela: 27

Stephanie: 28

Marisa, Helena and Karen: 29

KK turned 16 three months before the 2000 show. I always thought it was interesting that they were pretty much ok with using KK at that age whereas the Isabeli shoot caused controversy resulting in them not using her again until 2003. :blink:
I don't get it much either. As you can see here: http://www.bellazon.com/main/index.php?showtopic=22686 they have been using quite a few underage models recently.

Correction Adriana was 19, she was signed the week after the VSFS in 2000 which means she was 19 :) Not major just wanted to let you know. Gisele was signed the same year and is a year older than Adriana so she would have been already 20.

Also Chrisman, VS continued to use Isabeli through 2000-2003, she even stared in a commercial with Adriana and Gisele in the summer of 2002. I don't understand the controversy over Isabeli either, because like I said Adriana started working for them when she was 16/17, KK when she was 16/17 but yet Isabeli caused all the commotion...I'll never understand that :(

As for the angels uplift video, I think Jessica, and Susan do steal that commercial...I'm a Dri fan, but whoever thought it was okay to make her look like she stuck her hand in a light socket for that commercial should be beaten with a lollipop stick.