Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

I think we're going to see some major changes this year in the Angel line up.

The Angels are still around, they aren't just supermodels...like some people think. The problem is some girls are contracted to model for them and do events, but aren't angels. Just like Oluchi, Ana, and Emanuela all are/were. Adriana and Alessandra are both contracted until 2012, and will renew, like I've said (i'm so sick of saying it but people keep bringing it up) will not leave unless they want to they are VS's highest sellers and they won't let them go. This has been confirmed by agents, and people who work with the agents and VS. Miranda I'm sure will be around for a bit longer, and Candice I'm sure is an angel by now. Heidi is more of the face they pull in for PR and nothing else. If I had to bet money on what the actual "Angel" line up is

Adriana

Alessandra

Miranda

Doutzen

and Candice

In reality, Covers, events and etc don't count. Oluchi, Ana and several other models have done both for the company and it doesn't mean they are Angels. The ones we are sure of at this point are the first four, and only the first two we know will be around for quite some time. VS keeps the girls around on several counts, but one is how well they move product and how successful they are with the media. Adriana, Alessandra and Miranda are those girls. They pull in the most people at events, garner the most press, and are the faces of the company. Even though some are staying around for quite some time they do need to get some others with some staying power.

Rosie, Lindsay, Erin and Chanel all have done commercials, events and etc but there really has been no official conformation that they are angels whatsoever. Vs has never been shy about making it clear who's an angel and who isn't. At this point I think these girls are like the ones in the past, contracted but not Angels. Heck people are just speculating now because it's in front of their faces, when it's been there for years really...if this website would have been up in 04 the "Supermodels" would have been Tyra, Heidi, Gisele, Adriana, Alessandra, Selita, Oluchi, Izabel, Karolina, and Marisa. BUT only Tyra, Heidi, Gisele, Adriana, and Alessandra were actually angels, even though most were used in commercials, almost all in events, and all had played a major part in the company. This whole "Supermodel" thing isn't new, it's just new to see it in front of our faces. It's always been there, and it doesn't take away from the actual angels. Sure these "Supermodels" are going to do something commercials etc, but your true angels are going to continue doing the bigger things. Such as the bigger talk shows (late shows, mainstream station day time talk shows) solo launches, major campaigns solo or a duo, live-stream photo-shoots like Adriana, and Alessandra, and the biggest spots in the shows. They may all share the spotlight get a few things here and there but the real benefits come with that 3 year Angel contract, or if a girl is rare and lucky she'll get a 5 year like the Brazilian threat. (Gi, Dri, and Ale)

I think that our main issue is that they use a lot of models (Heidi, Adriana, Alessandra, Miranda, Marisa, Doutzen, Behati, Emanuela, Lindsay, Candice, Rosie, Chanel, Erin, Jarah, Brooklyn, Gracie & Aminata, I hope I didn't forget anyone) yet they only list 12 of that group on the VSAA page, so we are wondering if there's two stages like before (Tyra, Heidi & All vs Oluchi, Ana...) or if it goes Angels, then Supermodels, then other contracted girls (Bodies, Bombshells, Swim girls and whatever...). And VS seems really bad at communicating recently. Their Facebook says one thing, VSAA another and the online catalog disagrees with both...

is erin, rosie, candice, chanel, behati and lindsay the new angels? i just saw their profile in the vsallaccess website.

why is their so many angels? and if they are the new angels, what were they thinking in making lindsay, behati and chanel angel. when is heidi, adriana. and alessandra going to retire? they need to retire soon, thay are old already. and mothers they need to be taking care of their kids, and let other young fresh models to shine for vs, they been modeling for vs for a long time. and marissa is old too, what is she doing modeling for vs?

is time for doutzen, miranda, erin, rosie and candice to shine for vs.

ANGELS

Adriana

Alessandra

Heidi [Not really an Angel, just a big name they use to bring in the bucks]

Doutzen

Miranda

Behati

Candice - still in debate

SPOKESMODEL/SUPERMODEL

- Spokesmodel is the term they used for about 10 years. Supermodel is the new term

Rosie

Lindsay

Erin

Chanel

Marisa

REGULARS

Bianca

Julia

Erin

Emanuela

Alyssa

Emily

Edita

Kim

ect

VS TIER

Angels

Supermodels/Spokesmodel

Regulars

The reason the Spokesmodels/Supermodels have been getting so much work lately is because for the most part Spring Time is VACATION time for the Angels, as well as most models... notice how most of the models aren't really working right now?

The reason the Spokesmodels/Supermodels have been getting so much work lately is because for the most part Spring Time is VACATION time for the Angels, as well as most models... notice how most of the models aren't really working right now?

Yeah, it's usually now and August when they have their little "breaks".

For those who care, Russell James will be shooting a live stream of Adriana on the 28th. If you've been following the date has changed many times, but hopefully this is it. He told me to spread the word and that if you're going to watch the stream to make sure that you RSVP. Here's the link: www.ustream.tv/russelljames

He also posted a teaser video on his Facebook which I can't post from my phone, but hopefully someone will post it soon.

SPOKESMODEL/SUPERMODEL

- Spokesmodel is the term they used for about 10 years. Supermodel is the new term

I kinda disagree with that. Supermodel is a higher ranks than spokesmodel. Aminata is a BBV spokesmodel and she isn't billed as a Supermodel on VSAA, Brooklyn and Jarah are Swim spokesmodels and not supemodels, Emanuela is a spokesmodel but she isn't on the VSAA page...