Bellazon

Mathias Lauridsen
Thumbnail

persuazn

fen1.jpg

Yes, this pic is a repost :evil: . I remember when it was posted someone here or at modelhomme asked: " where´s the interview ? "

Now we got the World Fashion TV Interview . Can´t rember how often I saw it now :blush: .

OMG~!!! thank you so much!!

i remember i had ask you where can i find this interview...

...now finally!!!

thanks a lot!!! :heart: :kiss:

I think Danmark speaks danish...

(or is it bilingual country? i have only a little idea about Danmark... :blush: )

How come mathias' english is so good/fluent??

barely have any accent! :whistle:

Or is it common in danmark? i mean...can most of the danish speak good engish?

BTW, i went to department store last week, as i randomly hung around...i saw lacoste counter.

i never thought i can get the catalogue this easy...!

i thought they don't have extra one to give to people.

carefully...i asked the clerk for it and they gave me a nice friendly smile and said go ahead, it's on the fornt desk.

seems like i think too much...hahaha!

i was soooo happy to get it! now i no longer have to open the computer to see his photos! :laugh:

Hi Suzy,

the Danish speak Danish and they normaly learn English and German at school. Then the Danish get all movies in the original language - which I know because I got Danish neighbours some years ago. In Germany foreign movies get a change and they are spoken by German actors in German . Thanks to the DVDs you can get the original versions now.

To come back to Mathias, he is used to see all the Hollywood movies with subtitels from early childhood. I don´t know when they start to learn English in Denmark and after all he works in the USA a lot. And as we all know he is a very clever guy!!!! which makes him even more attractive :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Besides English, German and Danish are related languages which make it easier .

I almost send my message in Finnish just a while ago. This is what happens when your brains are on holiday. :laugh:

.....but unfortunately school continues tomorrow. :yuckky:

Umm... As I was saying, I've been in Copenhagen. I think I have probably said that before but anyway.

And thanks for that video and the lovely photograph. :)

//: My friend's aunt lives in Denmark. She said that the most of people who live in Denmark can speak English quite well but the country isn't officially bilingual... Just to repeat everything that has been mentioned before. :laugh:

Hi Cuchulain, :wave:

Poor girl- school starting again :yuckky: :yuckky: :yuckky: . But maybe there are some lessons during which you can dream a bit of Mathias :whistle: just try to look as if you are interessted.

Great that you have been in Copenhagen. Did you like it.

From Scandinavia I only know Stockholm which I liked very much. :heart:

I'm sure that you, Munich, don't have to worry about that! :laugh: I won't forget to dream about him because he's my cell phone's background. And how this little detail has anything to do with... anything? Nothing! Because, fortunately I never send text messages, glance tiny photos of Mathias or play Snake III with my mobile phone anytime I get a chance at lessons. :angel: :whistle:

I liked Copenhagen very much! It really is such a beautiful city. It's a pity that we didn't have much time to make acquaintance. But we visited Tivoli and I must boast a bit now: I sat on the knee of H.C. Andersen. Statue of course. :D

Stockholm is also a nice city but usually we just drive through it. I've visited there many times you know. But Helsinki isn't actually very marvellous place so I rather recommend you to visit Oslo. :) I hope that we'll travel to Iceland this summer. :heart: :heart:

Munichmarty, thank you very much for those nice pictures!!

Danmark is a nice place to live...sooo beautiful!!

wow...most of them can speak english pretty well there...that's...

i think i must miss something, cuz i have no impression that i've seen things about danmark... :cry:

Cuchulain, thanks to mention that again anyway! :p

and by the way...i'm quite surprised that in Germany, american movies changes english to german...

this is really weird...why to do so?? i asked one of my friend who's currently study in Madrid, she said that movies change language to spanish there as well. we really have no idea why...

(she said when she first heard Nicole Kidman speaking spanish in the theater...she can't help but laughing out loud... :laugh: )

No problem, suzy. :D Nicole Kidman speaking Spanish. I don't even want to imagine that! :laugh:

Really? I didn't actually know that in Germany they dub movies in German. Well, luckily here in Finland they don't. I watch foreign movies a lot, so sorry Munichmarty and everyone in Germany, I think I won't move there then. :laugh: As if someone would really even wish that, though. I'd love to move in Denmark, but I can only speak a little Swedish and English with dreadful accent (and my speaking is fuzzy in any case). <_<

I was all frozen today at school. It was "only" -13 celsius and it was snowing, but still we had to go outside at breaks. Urgh.

And thanks for the showcard! I have only a small version of that picture, so thanks! :heart:

I want to see the fashionweek! :cry:

//: Just fixed few embarrassing typos. :D And BTW, thanks Munich for that even larger pic below. :)

Er yeah, I was a little confused as to why the germans dub their films. My ex german roommate watches Scrubs and it's hella weird to hear german and not english! Despite that, I find germans to be very good in English ;)

The Germans are to lazy to read subtitles :laugh:

More about Mathias and Copenhagen:

According to a Danish article posted here by me :blink: ( think it was last month) Mathias is from a Kopenhagen- Osterbro.

I found an article about Osterbro :

Østerbro

By Jonas Langvad Nilsson

The inhabitants of Østerbro (East Bridge) have the privilege of living by the Sound, where they take long strolls along the promenade on summer evenings, ice cream in hand. Østerbro, the third of Copenhagen’s so-called “bridge quarters,” is also one of the world’s most popular ports of call for luxury liners, which dock alongside the quay of Langelinie. Most of the newly arrived tourists eschew the local sites, opting instead for a beeline path to the bus that takes them directly to the sights of the Old City. But some choose to go exploring on their own, and Østerbro is a bonus they end up valuing highly.

The first thing they notice is how peaceful and pleasant the area is. The air is clean and so are the streets. In Østerbro, you see elderly people sitting on benches in the sun, peeling apples with pocket knives, while women stroll around with baby carriages. If you are looking for a wild night out, this is not the place. Østerbro is tidy and discreet, and there is a good historical reason for it. After the old ramparts had been destroyed and the open land surrounding the city was developed for housing, Vesterbro and Nørrebro mushroomed at great speed in the second half of the 1850’s, while Østerbro grew at a somewhat slower pace. At that time, Østerbro was farther away from important trading squares than Vesterbro and Nørrebro, which is why it remained countryside for a longer period of time than its counterparts. When the district was eventually hit by growing pains in the 1880’s, the authorities had introduced stricter building legislation, requiring wider and brighter streets and a higher quality of housing. The authorities had learned their lesson from Nørrebro and Vesterbro, where speculators had built too many poor properties before the new legislation came into force. This legislative move still affects Østerbro, which has a higher number of well-to-do inhabitants in larger apartments than the other “bridge quarters.” The locals used to put pressure on the police in order to make them give out as few licenses to bars and pubs in the area as possible. It worked. On Fridays and Saturdays, people go to Vesterbro or Nørrebro if they are looking for a fun night out. Ask young people from the other “bridge quarters,” and they will tell you that Østerbro is neat and boring. Then ask someone from Østerbro, and they will tell you that that description is totally unfair – and their claim is not without foundation. In the last few years the area has changed. Affluent and well-educated people in their thirties move to Østerbro when they have children and want to catch a break from the hectic city atmosphere of Vesterbro and Nørrebro. The new clientele is reflected by the many new cafés, restaurants and fashion stores. Østerbrogade, the high street, is wide like a boulevard, while Nordre Frihavnsgade, which is where the locals do their shopping, has a more intimate feel. In Rosenvængets Allé you will find delicatessens and a wine bar called Panzón, which also serves tapas.

There is something noble and controlled about Østerbro. This is not the place to go looking for the throbbing and provocative underground art scene. Østerbro is the home of established art. The Danish National Gallery is situated inside the park Østre Anlæg, and collectors go hunting for antiques and modern Danish furniture classics in the auction house Museumsbygningens Kunstauktioner (Kastelsvej 18).

The finest attraction of the district is probably Kastellet, the most well-preserved fortification in all of Northern Europe. On the evening of Store Bededag, a Danish public holiday, the fourth Friday after Easter, you will see many Copenhageners going for a walk on the green ramparts before they head home to enjoy a warm “hvede”, a traditional bun named after the main ingredient, wheat. It’s one of the ancient traditions of the city, and in Østerbro they love a good tradition.

The locals are lucky: not only is Østerbro close to the Sound, it also has the highest number of green parks compared to the rest of the city. Fælledparken is the green heart of the capital. This is where Copenhageners play football and enjoy the summer. Right next to this spacious park is Denmark’s national stadium, PARKEN, home field of the national football team. PARKEN also doubles as a large scale concert venue, where, from time to time, bands like The Rolling Stones come and make the coffee cups rattle in Brumleby, the idyllic small town of yellow townhouses situated right behind the stadium. But when the tour busses and the 45,000 concertgoers have left the premises, peace and quiet once more fall on Østerbro.