Bellazon

Mathias Lauridsen
Thumbnail

persuazn

Interview about fashion and style in Danish Elle - thanks to Caroline for translating/transcripting :)

What is a great sense of style for a woman?

That she is confident. She needs to have peace. I think, it’s incredible attractive when you can feel that a girl rest in herself – it means more that what clothes they wear. It’s obvious, that girls can appear hot solely on how they dress, but if they can’t “back in up” with their way to be, it’ll quickly fall to the ground.

What is a bad sense of style?

I think, it’s bad style, when people make themselves look like fireworks to get attention. I’ve always found that annoying/a burden. For example when people, who are connected to the hiphop-environment, think they should dress in hiphop-brands from head to toe, to make it clear what they stand for. I think it gets Shrovetide-ish, when people can’t live up to it. Of course it’s possible that there’s some very nice people behind the clothes, but the intake is at least different from what I look for.

What do you look for in a woman?

Normally when you walk around on the street it’s the physical stuff you look for, because there’s not really anything else, but as soon as you talk to a girl surely all the other factors will be in play. A sweet laugh, beautiful eyes, soft skin, nice hands .. It’s all about how close you get, and then you evaluate layer of layer, men the first hand impression is of course physical attraction.

How much does a girl’s sense of style mean?

I look at it, because I take and hope that it reflects who they are. If I see a woman, who has a sense of style, that is the total opposite of my own, I cherish no big expectations that we would necessarily fit very well together. But surely you need to keep your outlook very wide, cause if you only looked to find a girl with the exact same sense of style as yourself, you would make your field to narrow.

Which Danish female has a great sense of style?

I can’t think of celebrity. I think you see a lot of normal people on the street, who have a far better sense of style than the celebrities.

Which international female has a great sense of style?

I think Sienna Miller has a great sense of style. She dresses well, and then I just think she’s freaking hot.

Which style do you hope never comes back?

You can’t say that, cause you know, they’ll come back, no matter how terrible they are. Just look at the 1980s-wave. If that can come back, then there are no tendencies you can totally forget. I think 1980s fashion is pretty exhausting. Many colors, speed, gold digital watches, lightchains, high hair and glasses without even using glasses. I think it is fashion for the sake of fashion. It’s perfectly fine to dress as you like, but you need to keep yourself with you, because otherwise it’ll become a carnival. It’s fine if it’s a theme at a party, but it’s clearly not.

What should a woman stay away from wearing?

High heels, if she doesn’t know how to. It ruins the elegance it was supposed to be. Most girls are incredibly good at walking in high heels, but you’ve also seen the girls, who have put on a pair of too high heels, and the result is just not very good. But besides that I’m a big fan of high heels.

Is there a tendency you will never learn to understand?

There are many tendencies I’ll never learn to understand, but you don’t have to. Because of my job I’m actually quite large when it comes to fashion, cause I need to wear all sorts of clothes, that I don’t understand. I don’t need to have a relationship with it. So I can’t get up in the red field about how other people dress.

THanks Faith :heart: Thanks Caroline :heart: !

Mathias I love you - but I am never going to wear high heels :laugh: !

I agree. But I actually could wear high heels, I just don't know how to really walk with them. :laugh:

And "nice hands"? *looks desperately her chewed nails* Ehh... I'll put fake nails if you don't mind, sweetie?? :D

The Falconer, it isn't that bad. I didn't even notice the gap at first. :whistle:

What a nice pictures again! I got to admit, that I still don't like those pink trousers but... :laugh:

Loved the coat at the last photo. And those white pants at that 6th pic. He definitely should wear white trousers more often!! And skinny black jeans like here (repost):

post-25364-0-1446109472-15965_thumb.jpg

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

(...obsession with legs...)

And oh yeah, I'm starting to love H&M too. They have such a good taste with their male model! :laugh:

What a nice pictures again! I got to admit, that I still don't like those pink trousers but... :laugh:

Loved the coat at the last photo. And those white pants at that 6th pic. He definitely should wear white trousers more often!! And skinny black jeans like here (repost):

ML132.jpg

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

(...obsession with legs...)

And oh yeah, I'm starting to love H&M too. They have such a good taste with their male model! :laugh:

awww come on!

those pink pants are HOT! :laugh:

thanks for the pic btw :)