Bellazon

Rihanna
Thumbnail

Diabolo Fraise

Rihanna Assures Fans She 'Remains Strong'

Rihanna spoke out for the first time since allegedly being assaulted by Chris Brown, issuing a statement of thanks to her fans.

"At the request of the authorities, Rihanna is not commenting about the incident involving Chris Brown," says the statement from her rep on Friday. "She wants to assure her fans that she remains strong, is doing well, and deeply appreciates the outpouring of support she has received during this difficult time."

The statement comes on her 21st birthday and a day after she was spotted in Los Angeles after spending nearly two weeks in seclusion.

The singer was photographed Thursday heading to an airport the same night a graphic photo reportedly showing her battered face surfaced on the Internet, upsetting her father, who criticized police for their "sloppy work."

Prior to the statement, neither Rihanna nor her representatives had commented since the arrest of Brown, 19, on Feb. 8

On Friday, friends in Rihanna's native Barbados marked her birthday by taking out an ad in the local paper wishing her a happy 21st "amidst all the negativity about Ri Ri. God will continue to bless her."

"I just really love that girl," Sharon Thompson, who bought the birthday greeting, tells PEOPLE. " Some nights I cry because of what I'm hearing. It has me deeply hurt. She's just so lovely."

post-19430-0-1446069204-68327_thumb.jpg

PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE POSTING THE PICTURE OF HER BEATEN ONLINE!

I agree it wasn't the most gracious thing to do. What some people will do for money.... :whistle:

On the other hand, now it has become public, there's no denying that it was bad. With no picture, Chris can always go out and say the claims were exaggerated and seeing how she wants him back, I think it's a fair guess that she would be prepared to have said the same thing. Now they can't and that's a good thing. :)

Apparently he's bought her an Ipod to make it all good again. <_<

“Chris called Rihanna to wish her a happy birthday,” an insider tells us. “He’s absolutely trying to get back into her good graces. He knows he’s very much in the doghouse right now, and is doing everything he can to show her how sorry he is.”

But Brown seems to think a few well-placed birthday gifts can salve his ex’s wounds. He has already sent the “Good Girl Gone Bad” singer a diamond bracelet and necklace, an insider tells us, as well as an iPod Touch."

I can see it now: "Honey, I'm sorry you lost your eye, but look on the bright side: I would never have bought you that Ipod if I didn't feel guilty. Besides, that prostetic eye is pretty cool, isn't it? Did you notice they gave you the wrong color? You're like David Bowie now. Totally old school. Wait. He got that from drug abuse. Ah well, kiss and make up?"

People Exclusive

Rihanna and Chris Brown Are Back Together

Rihanna and Chris Brown are back together, PEOPLE has learned exclusively.

The pair have reunited almost three weeks after Brown, 19, allegedly battered the "Umbrella" singer on Feb. 8, a source tells PEOPLE.

"They're together again. They care for each other," says the source. The on-again couple are currently spending time together at one of Sean "Diddy" Combs's homes, on Miami Beach's Star Island.

Adds the source: "While Chris is reflective and saddened about what happened, he is really happy to be with the woman he loves."

In its latest issue, PEOPLE reports that Brown called Rihanna on her 21st birthday one week ago. "He called to wish her happy birthday," a source told the magazine. "They've reached out to each other. It's been mutual."

Brown was booked by LAPD for making criminal threats but the case has not yet been presented to the District Attorney, who will ultimately determine which charges, if any, will be prosecuted.

source:People.com