Bellazon

Filippa Hamilton
Thumbnail

goose

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Whatever happened to this girl ?? I remember seeing her in a lot of magazines when I was younger now you barely see her at all. Did the whole Ralph Lauren thing really cost her her career ?

A lot of factors, it seems to me.  (1) Many models peak young, and then don't see as much work by their late 20s. (2) In the US, we mostly saw her in Ralph Lauren ads, so that's done.  She didn't have many American editorials; and no covers (except Nylon magazine).  (3) She seems to appear in one or two European magazines a year (in 2012, there was a whole issue of Spanish Elle devoted to her; this spring she had the cover and major articles in Amica (Italy).  And now French Glamour.) (4) She used to have a condo in New York; now she's living in Europe, so I suspect that effects where she is seen.

Post-RL, she did do ads for Patek Phillipe watches (2010); H&M (2011); Next (swimwear)  (spring 2012); Lindex clothes and lingerie (fall 2012), and now BioTherm.  Concentrated in Europe.

Of course, she was so strongly associated with Ralph Lauren, it's possible it may make other designers shy away from her.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

David Lawrence website now has several pictures of Filippa in their latest lookbook.

Re:  Ralph Lauren.  She modeled Ralph Lauren clothes in an Amica editorial earlier this year.  And now that she is engaged, and she has said she wants to wear a Ralph Lauren wedding dress (she seems to be friends with some RL execs). So apparently she has no hard feelings about Ralph Lauren.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...