Bellazon

Gigi Paris
Thumbnail

Baby.Jude9

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2016 at 6:33 PM, modelknowledge said:

she's finally working in Europe. @ Premier Model Management London

She's bee represented by them for maybe 2/3 years now. All the pictures in her portfolio are old, she's never been credited for being hired out of there, and she's never listed them as one of her management teams on social media. Don't think she's actually represented there, even though I don't know how they could put her on their site then.

6 hours ago, Baby.Jude9 said:

She's bee represented by them for maybe 2/3 years now. All the pictures in her portfolio are old, she's never been credited for being hired out of there, and she's never listed them as one of her management teams on social media. Don't think she's actually represented there, even though I don't know how they could put her on their site then.

yes but what I am saying is there has to English work for her now yet all that's getting posted in American stuff. She is a commercial/ecommerce girl. Her portfolio isn't going to change especially with Premier. They rarely update direct book model's portfolio. They barely change English based models books. You are going to have to go through every English catalog each month to find her. There may only be a few pictures too. It's not going to be like Forever 21 and you can click on any page and find her. She might even do some lifestyle editorial for magazines like Health & Fitness. She has been modeling for a very long time and this is the first time her agency has placed her anywhere else. I am really surprised with her experience that she isn't in Germany, yet. She would easily do well there with her South American looks and her catalog experience. Bon Prix, Otto, etc would easily use her. I could even see her doing well in Sweden with Ellos, Bubbleroom, and Nelly as well as Denmark or Netherlands. The problem with American agencies is American models don't get the opportunities that European models do. If she had a Brazilian, South African, Australian, or European agency as her mother, she would have agencies in every major city and her book would be stronger. The problem with American agencies is they care too much about the fly by night runway types and poaching top models from other countries that they don't place models like her abroad. They get stuck working for the same catalog clients over and over until they fade away. If you look through this thread, I have mentioned that I found it weird that she isn't more places considering the fact she has a lot of catalog clients and wasn't placed abroad. Also just because she's been with Premier for half the year doesn't mean she has actually gone on casting in England yet. She could be direct book which makes finding the work, if she has any, harder. A lot times the models don't even get their work sent to them. You don't know how many models are on the cover of a German magazines but have no agency there and begging other models to send the magazine to them. My comments on agencies in any thread are not about you looking at the model's portfolio. It's about reminding people where to look for her and also recording in a thread which agencies a model was signed to for years down the road for future identification purposes. With agencies blocking the waybackmachine, I am trying to preserve the knowledge for us in the future. You don't know how many models have been identified because of this. Please make sure you update your models agencies regularly. Also, if you know a model is in a certain location make sure you post it. I have found so much stuff for people because I knew a model was in a specific location. If you want places to look for her in England, I can tell you the usual clients a model like her signed to Premier might be. Just PM me because I don't regularly check Gigi's thread.