Bellazon

Lais Ribeiro
Thumbnail

Nefertiti

22 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Not really, it depends on the country. In Holland the mythical number is 14 due to Johan Cruijff.

That's why I said there are exceptions, I didn't say every country under the sun. Portugal's big number will be 7 after CR retires, but most of countries and even clubs the big number is 10, hence why I don't think Lais wears the 10 just because of Neymar.

On 7/10/2018 at 2:46 PM, SympathysSilhouette said:

Not really, it depends on the country. In Holland the mythical number is 14 due to Johan Cruijff.

The Number 10 in each team is the pivot, the creative, the one who organises the attacks in the team, and usually requires the most talented player to do that, on top of the great Brazilians Pele, Ronaldinho, Zico, Rivaldo, Kaka, Rivelinho, etc. you will have Messi and Maradona in Argentina, Platini, Zidane and now Mbampee, Baggio, Rooney, Matthäus, etc. There is some great famous players in other positions, such as Ronaldo and Cristiano Ronaldo number 9, Beckenbauer number 4, or as Holland example with Cruijff.

So proud of Lais for being open about this :heart: as someone who works with people with special needs, it's always wonderful to see people with big platforms using them like this. There's so much ignorance and stigma around, I hope Lais keeps having an open conversation about this.