Bellazon

Lais Ribeiro
Thumbnail

Nefertiti

H&M interview

http://www.hm.com/us/life/culture/top-model-secrets/2015/11/lais-ribeiro

TOP MODEL SECRETS LAIS RIBEIRO

From teen mom to one of the world’s most sought-after models – this beauty’s journey from rural Brazil to the New York runways is a fascinating one. Meet Lais Ribeiro.

NOV 25, 2015
  • PHOTO: TOMAS FALMER/LUNDLUND

When Lais Ribeiro was growing up, the glamorous life in fashion wasn’t just geographically remote. She has previously said that she was a shy and tomboy-ish teenager and had to be convinced by a friend to give modeling a try. One year after her adorable son Alexandre was born, the very young mom took her first steps in the modeling industry – but she didn’t exactly get off to a perfect start. 

For her first shows in Brazil, she was rejected because she wasn’t considered curvy enough to walk the runway, and was sent to hand out flyers instead. Despite the rough start, it didn’t take long for her to move from handing out flyers to starring in campaigns for some of the biggest retailers and powerhouses in fashion.

During her first year on the international fashion circus, she booked campaigns for Ralph Lauren, Gap and American Eagle. Now, circa five years in, she’s been dubbed a permanent Victoria’s Secret Angel and is ranked as one of the world’s sexiest models according to MODELS.com. 

During a shoot with H&M, the Brazilian beauty took time to let us in on her top model secrets. Keep reading to find out what they are.

IN MY CAREER, I AM MOST PROUD OF… 
“Becoming a Victoria’s Secret Angel!” 

MY MOST MEMORABLE SHOW IS… 
“Opening the Birds of Paradise segment of the Victoria’s Secret Fashion show in London in November 2013. They had me open this section exclusively because I had injured my leg the previous year so I couldn’t walk in the show in 2012. It was a very special moment for me.”

THE SONG OR ARTIST WHO ALWAYS GETS ME GOING AT A SHOOT IS…
“Rihanna or Beyoncé. I like to listen to soulful music that is also upbeat and lively!”

MY CREATIVE OUTLET IS…
“I really enjoy exploring New York with my son, Alexandre. When you look at the world through the eyes of a child, it really does spark a new sense of creativity! It’s fascinating!”

MY MODEL ICON IS…
“Adriana Lima.”

MY BEAUTY SECRET IS…
“Stay hydrated and always wear sunscreen!”

I KEEP IN SHAPE BY…
“Boxing and dancing.”

MY DE-STRESS TRICK IS…
“Music.”

MY SECRET TALENT IS…
“Still a secret to me...” 

MY FAVORITE OFF-DUTY LOOK IS…
“Jeans and a T-shirt. Comfortable and casual.”

RIGHT NOW, I AM OBSESSED WITH…
“This song from the Fast & Furious 7 soundtrack. It’s named See You Again. I can’t stop listening to it!!”

MY FAVORITE HOTEL IS… 
“Amanyara in the Turks and Caicos Islands [in the Caribbean].”

MY FAVORITE RESTAURANT IS… 
“Berimbau Brazilian in New York.” 

FOR BREAKFAST, I ALWAYS HAVE…
“Scrambled eggs with some fruit and granola. And I like to treat myself to a slice of bacon every so often!! LOL.”

WHEN I HAVE SOME FREE TIME… 
“I always spend it with my son and mom exploring New York City and exposing them both to the city culture.”

THE BEST ADVICE I’VE EVER RECEIVED IS…
“To always be true to myself and what I feel is right. Trust myself.”

http://www.imagebam.com/image/a558c2449352579

H&M interview

MY MOST MEMORABLE SHOW IS… 

“Opening the Birds of Paradise segment of the Victoria’s Secret Fashion show in London in November 2013. They had me open this section exclusively because I had injured my leg the previous year so I couldn’t walk in the show in 2012. It was a very special moment for me.”

Wrong. 

Thanks for the interview.  You copy and paste the BB code to get the thumbnail for the pic.