Bellazon

Anna Kournikova
Thumbnail

pmech

I think people will remember her for long time because she got charisma. I think she did her best on the tennis quart and she did a lot to reach her goal. I watched a program about her and as young girl she left her mum in russia to travel with her dad to usa to be better to play tennis. She was often isolated by the other students and they talked behind her back. Just that can make a person with talent give ut, but she didnt.

Fair enough, but she still could have achieved much more if she hadn't focused on ads, commercials and being a celebrity. To me, she's just wasted her talent. Look what Sharapova does. A Russian beauty as well, but with enough determination to work hard in order to win tournaments.

I think people will remember her for long time because she got charisma. I think she did her best on the tennis quart and she did a lot to reach her goal. I watched a program about her and as young girl she left her mum in russia to travel with her dad to usa to be better to play tennis. She was often isolated by the other students and they talked behind her back. Just that can make a person with talent give ut, but she didnt.

Fair enough, but she still could have achieved much more if she hadn't focused on ads, commercials and being a celebrity. To me, she's just wasted her talent. Look what Sharapova does. A Russian beauty as well, but with enough determination to work hard in order to win tournaments.

I couldn't agree more. She had the potential but she chose fame. Sharapova can actually live with both, yes she's also very popular but she's focusing more on her career.

I couldn't agree more. She had the potential but she chose fame. Sharapova can actually live with both, yes she's also very popular but she's focusing more on her career.

No, because she broke her leg and focusing on ads, commercials and being a celebrity is not wasting a talent because its needed talent to do that too. Sharapova is a beauty, but boring compared to Anna K.

Anna is a differnt kind of player, you can't really compare their tennis strenghts. Sharapova is 6'3 broad shoulder, she's a very, very strong girl. Anna is more comparable to Maria Kirilenko. Both Anna and Maria K were skinny girls and had to put on muscle to comppete with the bigger hard hitting girls. They have to play a game their body cannot handle. If Anna were playing in the 70's she would have been successful.

Martina and Justine are small players who are champions, but we have to look at how they were raised. Martina H. was groomed from birth to be a tennis champion(she was named after one the greatest players), but even she couldn't cope with the power game and was overwelhmed. Justine is 5'5 and a 6 time champion but can still be powered off the court by the bigger girls. example, Sharpova and the US Open 2006.

Another thing, Anna wasn't groomed like Maritna, Maria S, The Williams or even Jusitine. Nick Bolleteri said Anna's mom took her away from his academy too soon, and then proceeded to coach her herself. Her mom knew nothing about grooming a champion. She never let her injuries fully heal either.

Lastly Anna didn't focus that much on fame. She said she only did photoshoots when she had time, she never tried to fit them into her tennis calender. Sports Illustrated editor tried for years to get her to pose and she didn't agree to do till her career was on the downslide from injuries and such.